Addiction

Are there any philosophical works which directly or indirectly can be applied to addiction recovery (preferably without resorting to übermensch ideals and so on)?

Thanks senpai

Other urls found in this thread:

accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/dn/dn.31.0.ksw0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what is your addiction?

chocoholic

Infinite jest. Not even memeing

being and time

Plethora of substances and behaviors but nothing that I can't live without on a rational level. I would probably be bored more often though. Right now I'm never bored and I like to think of this as one of my biggest strengths. Maybe I should challenge this belief, find out how "interesting" I really am when I'm not placating myself with all this shit (since I mostly stay inside and think and write, close to zero social contact; another avenue of approach perhaps)

have goals that are external, not internal

you want to be a writer? aim to be the best writer in your niche

and never forget your body is a temple to your mind - cliche but important

user, you're going to need to look into neuroscience if you want to understand addiction in any meaningful way.

user, you're gonna have to look into actual addiction treatment if you think neuroscience is the only meaningful way to look at addiction.

>mfw uninformed user's don't know why multidisciplinary aproaches at addiction are so important.
>mfw uninformed user's think the biomedical discourse is the only valid one and feel the need to propagate this.

.t social worker

accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/dn/dn.31.0.ksw0.html

i mean i understand if someone wants to smoke a joint, drop a tab or even sniff a line, but what the fuck is she doing? why is her arm like that? how does one get to that level of not-giving a fuck

It's clearly a costume and makeup, retard faggot.

that's some kind of aggressively infected necrosing abscess. you would be amazed by how little you care about yourself when homeless and addicted

>how does one get to that level of not-giving a fuck

You've clearly never done opioids, and really, you never should.

i did codeine one time, isnt that an opi?

this....... addiction is innate to the human condition and your best bet is to find a particularly gratifying one.

Drugs don't make your more interesting, or more creative, trust me. Addict myself and thought the same at some point. If you look at any writer, or any creative profession person at all really, who produced while they were using, then got sober, their work is always way better after they got sober.

You sound like you're a typical neet shutin and you're using just because you have nothing else to do, because you're too afraid to go out into the real world and try actual real things.

I can already tell that you're writing is shitty btw, I've known quite a few dorks like you, and they all suck because none of them have any real understanding of humans or the real world.

>their work is always way better after they got sober
4u
drugs can make you more creative, too much drugs turn the brain into poop

There's a pretty brief period where drugs can help.

Look at HST for example, for about 10 years, it worked like a motherfucker for him, after that....

>or even sniff a line

You've never felt strong cravings for more coke when doing coke? I had to force myself to leave a line or two's worth left in the bag, just to prove that I could stop when I wanted. I can see that getting out of hand pretty easily. I literally spent the evening in a crackhead's basement trying to buy coke. Some of my friends spent eight hours driving around the middle of nowhere on this coke wild goose chase and when they came back and snorted it, it "didn't feel like coke." They looked like they'd been through a war.

Yeah dude, coke leads to a LOT more coke. There's no such thing as doing just a line, unless you run out, and have no money, and can't find a dick to suck.

I work at a rehab place now. Pretty much every person who comes in who came up positive for coke says they were at a party, and did one line just that once, and had the bad luck to get tested a few days later.

It's like come on, dude, you know there's no point in doing a line.

I just know that I couldn't write anything of worth while on amphetamines. Makes me hyper productive and full of energy, but shuts down any ability to structure my thoughts unto paper.

I was a hardcore drunk, but I couldn't write a single word while drunk. I read that most drunk writers were the same way, they were total drunks but never wrote while drunk.

My big thing was I'd think up an good idea while drunk and think that drinking was great for creativity. I'd disregard the 300 bad, incoherent, semi-retarded ideas that I thought up while drunk and focus on the one good one.

Also, the idea probably would have hit me whether I was drunk or sober anyway. But I'd much rather be able to think up several good ideas a day while, than one great idea every three months while drunk.

Or not.
I mistook coke for speed more than once. While it does make you feel like a huge dick on legs forged from pure awesome for a short while, I don't get how you could punch your brain with that over and over.

Maybe not you, but plenty do. I've met tons of people who would do coke, speed, or even meth for weeks straight, not even sleeping.

A pretty common story in AA to hear is that people start doing coke, because it enables them to drink for a week straight.

i've never done coke, i have a very addictive personality, i think, so im not taking any risks.
I know people who have done coke just once and said it sucked, that is amazing but too short and the that comedown is the worst thing ever.
i would rather do a small dose of acid of what ever.

Anyone addicted to speedy information?

I spend hours just staring at Veeky Forums and googling the news

>not sleeping
Yep, that sounds like a recipe for disaster.

well that's what fucks most of them in the end. like coke and meth aren't hallucinates, but people doing it for days straight always start tripping balls too because of lack of sleep. Also why 25 year old meth addicts look like they're in their late 50s. Also the reason why they do dumb fucking shit that gets them busted. Like one dude near me built a meth lab in the back of his truck and just started driving around asking people on the street if they wanted him to cook them meth.

yes is the worst
im sure this place has done more damage to my concentration than all those times i smoked weed

Ever thought about writing about these encounters?
>started driving around asking people on the street if they wanted him to cook them meth.
I would read more about the exploits of friendly neighborhood meth entrepreneur for example.

In my experience it's easy to sorta re-wire yourself by getting off the internet/technology cold turkey. In fact my best days of reading and study are when I put my phone away -- I feel healthier as well, mentally and physically. But somehow I always end up back on the web. I've spent about half an hour reading today, and many hours browsing Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums and watching cooking videos.

I do write about them.

>(preferably without resorting to übermensch ideals and so on)
Why not?

Nearly any would work though. Some that spawn from nihilist roots might be used to justify addiction, I guess, but I don't think too many philosophies are really compatible with being a real druggie.

Personally I can recommend just using a browser add-on that allows you to limit the time you can spend on select websites. I don't always need it but sometimes I set a 1 hour (total) daily limit for Veeky Forums + youtube + a few other sites.