Explain yourselves. Clearly your gap yah didn't open your eyes as much as you boast

Explain yourselves. Clearly your gap yah didn't open your eyes as much as you boast.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Dolezal
monsterhunternation.com/2016/08/08/fisking-the-latest-diversity-in-sci-fi-freak-out/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do Black people even like sf?

What's wrong, lit, trying to take revenge on those girls who rejected you?

>women and blacks get accustomed to the low standards they're held to in everyday life
>eventually find an area where everyone is held to the same standard
>now it's not fair

Well there's Samuel Delany

40 black people submit sf related material. 40 of them were accepted. 2000 people had sf work published.

who cares

hmm...

Damn it Veeky Forums, how do I become black? I don't want to become a woman. Women suck.

>face 'universal' racism
Top tier pun there you stupid fucks

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Dolezal

Theres, literally, nothing wrong with rational racism.

Black people have lower levels of literacy and therefore write less. No racism just uneducated blacks

>rational racism

Post your a priori proof for racism

In-group bias. Universalism is a much more insidious form of racism

Black people usally are not that smart.
They have almost none skill to spress themself; more like simple, aggressive &(and) vulgar, just listen to Hip Hop....

it's not the white mans's fault that most black writers are so utterly shit they can't even get published

It is the white man's fault they get published though.

seriously i thought it was saying the fabric of being was rejecting black authors

2% of published sci-fi being by black authors is perfectly reasonable when you understand that only about 2% of sci-fi is WRITTEN by black authors. There isn't a conspiracy to keep black sci-fi down; there just aren't a lot of black people who write science fiction. What would be the "solution" to this, exactly? Force more black people to become sci-fi writers against their will? Arbitrarily decide to publish less sci-fi by non-black authors to artificially inflate the 2% to ~10%?

>only about 2% of sci-fi is WRITTEN by black authors
Source?

Veeky Forums you bunch of autists

blacks usually don't buy books. Even when they buy the latest meme black author book they don't read it.

It's only whites who have to pretend shit like brief history of seven killings is not shit.
They just want us to jump through a million hoops.

Fuck that

Your gender/black studies degree doesn't get you into space anyways, and none of these Whingy faggots actually gives a single fuck about anything related to sci-fi

I love Sci-fi and it was my dad who introduced it to me. It may sound cliché but race doesn't define shit all on an individual level.

Now, as a group, do black people WRITE sci-fi? I don't think black people write much at all, our societal role models aren't exactly writers, they're what you see, sports people and musicians.

I honestly don't think I'd even read were it not for my father's love of the Stainless Steel Rat and Iain M Banks' Culture novels. He really pushed that shit on me as a kid.

I'll bet a similar number of black Americans are reading science fiction as well. There isn't a market because there's very low initial interest within their communities. The only reason someone is piping on this is that it's easy article views.

not literature

what do you think is the most popular book amongst black americans

take a wild guess

>guardian finds racism in X

Wow, how unexpected.

Automatically assuming that the lack of perfect representation in a field or profession must be due to racism is a logical fallacy. There is a lack of perfect representation of white people in the NFL, do you think that white players are victims of universal racism too?

Harry Potter

Oh shit wait it's the Bible. They'd fit right in on Veeky Forums, in that case

Pretty much these.

t.Black sci-fi writer

>Arbitrarily decide to publish less sci-fi by non-black authors to artificially inflate the 2% to ~10%?

ding ding ding

You and your dad are a couple of gay little plebmeisters

t. white guy who attends a better university than you and is not a pleb

HOL UP

>Arbitrarily decide to publish less sci-fi by non-black authors to artificially inflate the 2% to ~10%?

They are already doing this. That's basically what that entire Sad Puppy affair was about. Publishers and award committees are abandoning meritocracy and free market approaches to combat what they perceive to be racism ... by being racist themselves.

universal racism eh? wonder what causes that

Thoroughly fisked by my fav pulp author.

monsterhunternation.com/2016/08/08/fisking-the-latest-diversity-in-sci-fi-freak-out/

better yet kill everyone who writes sci-fi except for one black woman, there would be no loss.

I wonder if there are a lot of sci fi authors in africa. Seriously, are there?

Is this a real article or solely a pun thread that took too long to get picked up on? I laughed when I saw the OP.

Is it ghetto-lit?

I can think of one but she's white.

Out of a hundred books looked at by a literary agent, maybe one of them is good enough and marketable enough to publish. I'm honestly surprised the number isn't lower for black authors.