How do you recover after doing bad on your exam?

How do you recover after doing bad on your exam?

By learning that "bad" is not an adverb.

Realize that there will be other exams and grades. Work doubly hard on those. If you can pass the course and maintain at the bare minimum a 3.0 GPA, you'll be fine. Most of what you learn in uni isn't really applied in many real world jobs (aside from the obvious). Uni's more about teaching you to learn faster than you used to.

Correcting grammar is the internet's way to help.

just failed a statistics exam because I didn't answer half of the questions. why am I so stupid

cry and indulge in the chocolate and sweets I planned to celebrate for doing well with

Tfw i did all the calculations but didnt put any explanations. Lost half of the fucking mark R3EEEEEEEE

I did a stats module at uni I found it very difficult, my lowest exam mark along with molecular pharmacology.

I shouldn't have done so poorly. I didn't study because I was overly-confident. my failure is entirely my fault

I've got midterms coming up soon. I remember from last year how every time I did bad on an exam, I would immediately feel EXTREMELY suicidal. No jokes, I wouldn't be able to stop questioning why I'm majoring in chemistry if I'm not passionate about it, why don't I fall into a NEET lifestyle, why don't I just kill myself.

Then after ~45 minutes I'd feel relieve that the next midterm is so far away. The only thing I can do now is prepare for the next one.

I can't even emotional eat anymore since I've been dieting. I'm happy that by friday, it'll be about 2 full weeks of eating max 1200 calories a day. Gonna make it senpai.

Good luck.

I'll give you a tip:
You will eventually fail, but the secret is learning from an errot and getting up every time.

>A in calc I
>C in calc II (but didn't do much of the homework bc bad semester overall)
>taking multivariable calc, did all the homework, read all chapters
>think I bombed first exam

For many speakers it is. Same with "good," "fast," and others.

>tfw got a 23 back on my Chem exam
>getting ready to kill myself
>answers are posted online
>realize that my dumb ass put my answer sheet in the wrong pile
>got my grade fixed

I almost killed myself over an incorrect grade.

By not getting bad grades on an exam

>i know I got anywhere between a 40-100 on my thermo 1 test
>we even finished covering the next chapter
>test still isnt graded a week after

The suspense is fucking killing me

I got a 33 on my first General Chemistry 1 test

Will I make it lads

And for many speakers "If I was" is the subjunctive mood. That does not make it correct. English is standardized.

How many scoops do you take per day?

I did the same user.

>Hand in paper, happy about how I did
>Get it back a week later
>60%
>Note saying "Correct answer, but how did you get it?"

Literally all my work was on the paper, I was missing at most the actual name of the formula I applied. Feels bad man.

i don't look at my grades till the end of the year.

>tfw you did all the calculations and explained them but the prof is an autistic chink and deducts a bunch of marks because your answers aren't formatted character-for-character like the textbook

Literally just take it back and ask for a remark. If you're worthy of the marks you should get them.

>English is standardized.
No it's not.
I bet you get angry when people use "who" as an object pronoun you sperg.

There are such things as correct and incorrect grammar. Whomever think other wise are a moron.

Tomorrow i have digital systems and electronic devices. I feel the pain

>He thinks grammar and language can be codified and contained.
Autismo supreme and historically illiterate to boot.
t.Veeky Forums

I hope the grammar on your résumé is wrong.

>There are such things as correct and incorrect grammar.
Whether something is correct depends on context. The fact is the majority of the population are retards who use adjectives like "good" as adverbs. This means that it is just as correct and understood to do so. Maybe in 200 years we won't even distinguish between adjectives and adverbs at all. Language changes nigga.

It will be interesting to see if language really does change in a world in which references like Wikipedia are a reference for proper grammar and everyone is literate.

In 200 years will editors alter the grammar on Wikipedia articles to be in accord with how people speak or will English henceforth remain fairly static due to the statisticity of reference media?

I don't know :^)

My guess is that language will continue to evolve but regional variation will diminish.

How do you recover from an especially bad grading party Veeky Forums?

Just spent 11 hours grading for calc 1, everybody fucking sucked.

>I did fast on that test

Git gud. Work out what areas were more fucked up and see how you can better teach them.

Are you me?
Fuck that shit.

>calc test
>get every answer correct
>give decimal answer instead of exact for a question
>entire problem marked wrong
>frustrating but understandable since it asked for exact and I didn't read that
>rest of test nickel and dimed with -.5s for not showing work for basic arithmetic
I have never had an instructor this anal about process, it's making me anxious rather than careful.

>do so bad on biochem exams in past semester that I can't pass the course
>stress so bad I nearly drop out, change major with minor vice versa
>retake it this semester
>stress so bad I slack on group theory and diff eq exam studying
>fuck those up somewhat but do good on the biochem one so maybe I can finish this minor

Not sure this is a fair trade to me

I grade more than just my students

My university doesn't let me see anything about my final exams (including my score), and stories like this make me very nervous

Same, we have to go to the office and they can tell you, everything is posted online.

I of course meant "everything else"

or think that prepositions is something you should not be ending sentences with

>giving decimal answers

You should have failed the entire test

The last time I went to class he was showing what limits were and using the experimental way of finding them which was 2 days before the test. So I assumed he wanted me to do it that way, rather than putting material from the day before on the test.

You kill yourself,preferably your family and friends as well

>high school maths exam
>some really tricky algebra question with logs
>requires answers to three decimal places (surprise they were all fucking integers).
>I don't have a formal method for solving them, but get by with a weird trial and error which took about 30 minutes (the rest of the exam was easy so I had lots of time)
>at the end of it the page with the question and a couple of other pages are covered in the inane scribblings it took to work it out.
>get back the exam and I got 2/8 for that question
>teacher has written "what happened here?"

Beats me. I lost a passion/got bored of everything and started failing, now neetmode where I sleep all day and try to starve myself but fail miserably.

Knowledge-wise, or mentally?

cry more on /r9k/
this has nothing to do with math/science per se

where is the moderation?