Does taking LSD or any other psychedelic instantly makes you a pseud?

Does taking LSD or any other psychedelic instantly makes you a pseud?

no because you were a pseud in the first place

proof?

It eventually made me feel like a self-indulgent degenerate who was wasting my precious time on visceral pleasures when I could have been cultivating a more fulfilling life

Now I don't do drugs anymore.

No, not necessarily. Although a lot of people have convinced themselves of very silly shit while on psychedelics. And then they project this 'enlightened' pseudo-intellectual persona, spewing their silly druggie-banter as if it were high brow philosophical insights.

x2

>a lot of people have convinced themselves of very silly shit while starving themselves or denying themselves sex. And then they project this 'enlightened' pseudo-intellectual persona, spewing their silly ascetic-banter and physiology as if it were high brow philosophical insights.

first religious people probably ate some magic shrooms by accident and thats how all the mumbo jumbo started

DO EM theyre so worth it

But these ascetics who isolated or starved themselves did not exist in a vacuum. It's funny how hindu ascetics who go live in the cave for 6 months will come back telling the same story told many times before in their culture. Buddhist monks too, even more so (they 'train' with the sangha, parroting the same basic doctrines.

I have tripped many times on psychedelics and have known many others who have done it. The people who did not assign it deep mystical value beforehand did take the experience to be profound, but most often they did not come out of it taking new-age revisionist rhetoric of eastern spiritual concepts.

The people who got into psychedelics with pre-conceived notions often got out of the experience with their beliefs affirmed.

*talking

If you need drugs to "unlock" your intelligence than you're a fucking idiot, bottom line. Anyone who thinks weed or LSD are intelligence suppliments also probably thinks Joe Rogan is the second coming of Christ.

>The people who got into psychedelics with pre-conceived notions often got out of the experience with their beliefs affirmed.

this is why I hate that terrence mckenna became an internet meme, I had a million different expectations by the time I had psilocybin given to me and the entiretity of it was spent expecting something along those lines to happen

It reveals how pleb everything really is.

Enjoy.

How are you cultivating a fulfilling life? Also, psychedelics are not degenerate drugs. Perhaps, abusing them can lead to that, but when used in moderation as therapeutic and meditative tools they are absolutely a godsend.

pseud detected

Are we calling Huxley a pseud now?

now? always

This desu. I also lost a great qt redhead girlfriend partly from doing too many drugs - mostly psychedelics. I stopped a few years ago. The people I knew who continued are trash.

definition of a pseud in general

No.
If you are intelligent and well informed and take psychs, you may well come up with some interesting ideas while tripping.
If you are an idiot who has read 2 books, you will likely come up with bullshit.
Psychedelics have a tendency to make you consider things in a way you haven't before, and some people are quite convinced by the trip. The key is thinking about it afterwards and seeing what still holds up.
The test is in the reasoning.
I think that quite often psychedelics induce a perspective-shift that you are unable to put into words; new axioms are introduced and others are removed - you can't clearly talk about your old system of thought or your new one because that'd involve stepping outside your system (impossible). This is also why non-psych-takers are often so perturbed by psych-takers' views.

Devoting my energies to learning and understanding as much about this world as I can, experiencing great works of literature, music, art, and the sublime emotions they engender, spending social time with good friends and family instead of local druggies just looking to get high with whomever they can find, acquiring and maintaining good physical health, (so far unsuccessfully) trying to find a qt gf. Basically anything that makes me feel like I'm realizing my potential and living with integrity. I don't need grand success nor recognition, I just want to live a life I can look back on and feel satisfaction with what I've done and how I've acted.

I don't deny hallucinogens can have their benefits, but I was using them in a self-indulgent manner. And I'm glad I've stopped.

you know what happens when you take lsd?
that's what happens

just goes to show you the kind of plebs that roam these memewastes

sounds virtous as fuck user! keep it up

this x100

It's a strange and novel experience, there is no knowledge given. Imagine a world where dreams didn't exist and at some point you discover you can imbibe something and have dreams. This would be a strange and novel experience, dreaming, and depending on your existing knowledge of reality you will develop all types of interpretations of the experience. Whether or not those interpretations are reasonable depends on the credulity of your peers and your standing among them. Same goes for LSD and the psychedelic experience.

no, it just maked you high as fuck