Has anyone on Veeky Forums ever had their writings published?

Has anyone on Veeky Forums ever had their writings published?

Got a couple poems published in a national collection back in college. Why?

I'm thinking about making supplemental income off my hobby by self publishing through kindle, and was curious if any anons had experience with that sort of thing.

we all did

Actually I dictate all my posts for my daughter to write

That one memer Roberto Pinchas self-published a bunch of shit after posting here for a while. I'm not sure how well it's doing saleswise though.

It's a prerequisite to post

How do you even get published without some serious nepotism?

Serious luck.

By writing something good

Yes, I have written an opera of all 3 volumes of capital plus theories of surplus value. I hope to have it staged next spring

This is what untalented unpublished authors tell think to help themselves sleep at night.

No. Not only do you need talent, you also need incredible luck. Just look at all the originally rejected art since the fucking beginning of time

Don't delude yourself. It's not in your best interest to believe your destiny is out of your control. Push yourself to be better.

It doesn't work m8, trust me we've all had this idea and no one buys our shit books, but go ahead and try and see for yourself

Looks like the dubs of submission lay before me. The trick is finding a niche if you wanna make easy money. That and guerrilla marketing your product if you want to make it a purchasable thing rather than a commissions deal.

I like you.

For real man.

You mean this guy? This is his bestselling book right now.

Are those rankings good or bad? I don't know anything about how Amazon rankings work.

Funny - finished enough work and edited it enough to start sending out (3 months ago).

Currently at 3 accepted works thus far, and absolutely no pay for any of it.

You just keep writing.

That's not the point at all. Try less, you won't be so insufferable.

I got something published in a local magazine. Felt good. I have a handfull of things out in the submissions world, and a ton of rejections too.

>Currently at 3 accepted works thus far,
>and absolutely no pay for any of it.
Is it because you settled for lesser (online) literary mags and journals? Why not keep shooting at the ones that pay? Just curious.

I've had three short stories published. Waiting to hear from more. It's just been in the last year, too, after years and years of unheralded work. Hopefully this is the signal that I'm on my way to glory.

I've finished my two eggs. Scrambled. With pepper. Two and a half shakes of pepper. I left one bite full on the plate. Have to leave the one bite full on the plate.

I have to turn off the light above my stove. Off. On again to make sure it’s working. And off. Good.

Everything is good.

I have to make sure the outside is still there. I don’t have to. I want to. It’s just a joke really. I do it every morning. But still. It’s just a joke.

I have to put my shoes on before I open the door to check if the outside is still there. It doesn’t matter that I’m not stepping outside. I have to wear the shoes before I can check. I don’t have to. I want to. It’s just a joke. Really, it is.

I tie the laces tight. Left shoe first. Always the left shoe first. And then the right. I cannot do the right one first, it wouldn’t be right. Left. Then right. It’s the right way.

Shoes on. I can go check. I unlock the door. I lock the door. I have to make sure the lock is working. I unlock the door. I lock the door. I unlock the door. I lock the door. I unlock the door.

No. No, no, no, no. Did I check it twice? Unlock, then lock, then unlock, then lock, then unlock? Or did I only do unlock, lock, then unlock? This isn’t good. If I check it again, will it be right, or will I have done it too many times? I have to do it the right amount of times. I can’t do it less. I can’t do it more. No, no, no, no. Why is this happening? It’s just a joke, really. I don’t have to…

Twice or three times? This is not good. How many times? Do I check it again? I could just walk away from it. But I have to check to see if the outside is still there. I don’t have to. I want to. It’s just a joke, really. I have to check, I have to check, I have to decide on the lock.

One more time. I’m sure of it. That will be two. It has to be two. It doesn’t have to be. Lock. Was that two, or three? I have to check if the outside is still there. Unlock.

I open the door.

The outside is not there.

That’s not the outside. That’s not the normal outside. It’s yellow. It’s bright yellow space. And dogs. Dogs are flying. I think they are dogs. They are animals. And they have children in their teeth? Or dolls? It doesn’t matter. I checked to see if the outside was there. I did do that. I did check. I didn’t have to. It’s just a joke, really. I have more pressing concerns.

Did I check the lock twice or three times? I can undo it if I did it three times instead of two.

Before I close it. I don’t have to. I want to. It’s a joke, really.

Lock. Unlock. That’s minus one. Is it at two now, or did I make it one? Lock. Unlock.

The outside that is not there is being loud. I have to concentrate.

Lock. Unlock.

A lot of print ones don't pay either. Literary magazines are a dying industry.

How to get random essays published?