What would Nietzsche think of Donald Trump?

What would Nietzsche think of Donald Trump?

The way I see it, there are two possible interpretations.

A. Nietzsche might have viewed the Donnie as an übermensch rising from the mire of a previously sterile and Apollonian democracy to supplant it with the autocracy of an aristocrat exercising his Will to Power and allowing his followers to be honored instruments of his greatness and strength. He would view his impassioned rhetoric and disregard for hard truth as a healthy release of the public's repressed Dionysian half.

B. Nietzsche might have viewed the Donnie as the inevitable, horrible product of an Apollonian democracy that has come to venerate stupidity and mediocrity, along with an unhealthy release of the public's Dionysian half in the form a buffoon pretending to be an übermensch - after all, Nietzsche denounced the wealthy and powerful if they did not use their gifts for creation. He would detest Donald's nationalism (which, as he expressed in criticisms of German nationalism, amounted to decadent self congratulation and stagnation) and his artlessness.

If his rise represents a synthesis of these interpretations, how so?

Donald trump likes poop

I like turtles

Fuck off please

Trump is a harbinger of nihilism and thus Nietzsche would be against him.

>teleological synthesis

nice try kid. try reading something other than Wikipedia next time

What would marx think of reagan? What would reagan think of david foster wallace? Has cormac mccarthy read infinite jest?

>What would marx think of reagan?
Would dislike him probably
>What would reagan think of david foster wallace?
I can't imagine him liking his writing much
>Has cormac mccarthy read infinite jest?
He's a well-read man familiar with contemporary fiction. Probably

He would have shit on him like he shit on Wagner and the antisemite German nationalists of his time.

Trump is like a combination of the two. He is not aiming to unite the world, but create a retrogressive rift in it. He shows no genuine interest in the world (but then what politician or CEO does) and his game is all about volume rather than substance.

People like Trump similarly to why Germans liked the antisemite leaders even before Hitler showed up. They are a part of a decadent breed who feels resentful towards another group that they think is taking away from them (it was non-Germans for them and basically all immigrants for us).

He would see him as someone who haven't reached the nietzcian potential to become ubermexh but is halfway through. Would support neither hillary nor trump but if forced to pick with his testicles in a sewing machine it'd be trump

what would Marx think of the current wave of cultural marxists?

>impassioned rhetoric
Lol
It's pretty obvious trump is playing the public like a fiddle

Maybe impassioned was the wrong word. Fiery? His speeches are certainly more senstive to the emotions of his audience than their thoughts, if I may use two vague abstractions.

He hated populism so take a wild guess?

Trump is many things, but he is definitely not an übermensch. Also, dude's life is a performance, he's far from "artless."

He would have hated any of these media-generated caricatures across the board. Nietzsche may have been a beacon, but it was for generations way ahead of ours. He didn't anticipate the moral and intellectual lockjaw that television and social media would put the world in.

By "artless," I do not mean "without guile or deception," but literally "without art." He's vulgar and unrefined.

I think he did anticipate it considering his comment about the press, widespread access to literature ruining literature, etc.

>He is not aiming to unite the world
I sure hope not.
The only ones who aim to "unite the world" are naive kids and globalists (corporations).

No, no. He is the work of art, as well as the (primary) artist. His vulgarity and lack of refinement are more minutely composed than the persona of any other presidential candidate thus far.

I'm aware of those comments, but they do not really anticipate the effects of broadcast media or social media in terms of how long they would draw out residual Christian morality and ressentiment.

>only naive kids and corporations want a more united world

Or, you know, compassionate people who give a shit about their fellow man.

He already said "naive kids" you dip

World unity is where we're headed. Scifi novelists 50+ years ago were already anticipating this. Globalist engineers have been working for a long time towards it. It's a natural progression, and it's a progression. Being against it is a retrogression.

>It's a natural progression, and it's a progression. Being against it is a retrogression.

You sound like a fucking Stepford wife.

K

/thread

Now let this thread die pls before /pol/ leaps at this thread and perpetuates it forever

they don't exist you buffoon

it's a meaningless phrase

You can't say shit about a dead mans perspective and talking shit will get your neck bone disconnected.

Too late; posting the first paragraph the now :^B

There*

Quit projecting your insecurities on us, jew. Just because you've developed a cultural zeitgeist that is based on distrust and paranoia and bitterness, doesn't mean the rest of us want your bullshit.

B or so.

I see A as absurd. Look at what the "impassioned" Trump rhetoric plays on: racism, hatred and fear, jealousy... These are really not Nietzschean ideals. Trump is exploiting the anger of the losers of todays world; traditionally this was the playing field of the left. He is a reactionary force. Also indeed lack the creation.

The fact that both Nietzsche and /pol/tards see some sort of decay in civilization, and even agree on some sources of it, doesn't make them comparable in any way.

That said its probably impossible to say whether Nietzsche, if he lived today, would be able to pick any politicians or political movements/ideas to even halfway accept. His "political philosophy" isn't exactly that laid out.

Nazis would have said the same to Nietzsche.

>jew
Speaking of insecurities.

Who cares whether you give something the title of 'progression' or 'regression', you might not realize it but a so-called 'regression' informed by knowledge of modern 'progression' is actually progress. Fucking dunce.

>is actually progress
You're not wrong. But only for people who are far behind to begin with.

How's the weather at Reddit.com you backpack hack pseud?

Or he might think of him as the biggest con man America has ever produced.

>the Donnie

So did Joyce.

Trump is the synthesis of Ubermensch and the Last Man

>He would detest Donald's nationalism (which, as he expressed in criticisms of German nationalism, amounted to decadent self congratulation and stagnation) and his artlessness.
>artlessness

Are you kidding? He's an absolute master of his art, but rather than painting or music he does things like this:
He's basically like an older, male Paris Hilton if you think about it, but capitalizing beyond their comparable catapults to notoriety by reality TV.
Both received vast fortune from their fathers. Both exhibit crude behavior and tastes so egocentric they approach a self-parody. Yet, both cases of disgusting "vulgarity" have substantiated massively successful brands (real estate, fashion, cosmetics) which have turned that initial "million dollar loan" to tens of millions, without colossal and staggering debt looming like the thematically comparable Kanye West, for instance. Why?
It's pure ego. Trump has crafted his ego so exquisitely he could make Stirner burst out of his milk-shop weeping uncontrollably.

OP I just want to say I appreciate the effort you put into your post. I don't really care to form an opinion on the subject, but still threads like these add value to the board.

how long will it take to ascend from new sincerity into post-sincerity?

Again you're assuming there is only one path of 'progress'.

Just because it works (= appeals to the masses in this case) doesn't mean that there is a master artist behind it, planning every detail.

Especially the "minutely composed" part is bullshit. He isn't, he is relatively random and just going with the flow, improvising in his speeches etc.

It still works, so of course he isn't some idiot flying towards his doom. But art w/ attention to detail? No. More like free jazz than Bach's mass, though not quite as skillful (still, he is good)

Joyce is a worse author than trump.
Art of the deal is a masterpiece.

I thought Nietzshe wanted to usher in nihilism just so we could get past it?

But Trump didn't write Art of the Deal.

That's probably why he's a multimillionaire and you're still unpublished.

Trump is the harbinger of the postmodern age.

>disregards objective truth
>sees all groups as necessarily in conflict with each other
>wields language as a weapon rather than as a representation of the world
>disregards logic, whether because it is superfluous or is an oppressive construct

He would have called Trump a décadent, and then moved on to people that actually present(ed) something new and will be remembered in 100s of years.

But we've been in the midst of the 'postmodern age' for many decades and a harbinger is someone or something that announces the arrival of?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????LOL

semantics. he's the apex of it then. who cares.

IT is GOAT

Because words still have relatively stable meanings regardless of their political malappropriation and manipulation????????????????????????????????????? And discourse is generally aided and enriched when we are clear and intentional with our weird choice?????????????????????????????????????LOL

All modern politicians do this, it's just that this is your first election cycle as an adult or you haven't been paying attention.

lol he just used the wrong word man. relax.

Would you please care to use less question marks in your posts?

N would love Trump. Trump is literally the ubermensch

>It's a "I haven't read Nietzsche" kind of episode

Both Trump and Nietzsche love jews, so...

except class?

it's neither of those things; you should actually read nietzsche.

Man child who has never actually read Nietzsche before detected.

GOOD LUCK DON!

>he thinks all states are democracies
>he fucked up nietzsche that badly
babby who hopes the "Veeky Forums doesn't read" meme is true detected.

How do you figure? It was just acknowledged that weak people have their way to progress as well.

>far behind
How else could you understand that?
You'll only be 'far behind to begin with' if there's a single measure or goal.

donald is a shit

he's like bush except with a new mask on

>Jew
>Projecting this hard

You do realise Trump has jewish support AND now has Jewish members in his family?

I wish I could be as """"""redpilled""""" as you are, sir.

>giving him Bush level intelligence
You done wrong kid.
Trump is literally the untermensch
>thin skin
>small hands
>probably small penis
>unable to think critically
>unable to form coherent plans
>literally willing to give away all presidential powers
>narcissist obsessed with image to the point that he needs the presidency to validate himself
The list goes on.

True.

Not to mention he constantly flip flops on his policies.

One moment he's all

>We love Israel

the next

>Let's smash ISRAEL!

Trump is a shill

Different kinds of idiots

Who knows. We never will since he isn't here.

He's just playing the Jews at their own game! He's going to smash them! He is a business genius! You'll see! Ivanka is so hot! I think her plastic surgery and always wearing lipgloss is so cute. I love her. And Milania! Can't wait till that ugly sheboon is oit of office and we have a sexy first lady again!

Trump is a prime example of master morality.

A being with a stronger, richer experience than most people because of his situation. Creates his own rules. But ultimately the lack of necessity to reflect on things creates some shallowness.

There's multiple goals and systems of measuring. Some are lesser than others, but it's an infinite ladder.

Remember to keep pol in pol

I'll give you

>thin skin

but

>unable to think critically
>unable to form coherent plans

???

The man built and operates a multi billion dollar real estate empire. Probably took some critical thinking and planning.

>but muh million dollar loan

...doesn't buy you an empire. Economic illiterates want to believe it does, so they can (ironically) validate their own failure, but a million dollar loan doesn't buy you an empire. Willpower, competence, hard work, critical thinking, and courage do. They don't guarantee wealth, but they ARE required to attain it.

>built
Like the million dollar loan was all he got when his father died right?
lololol
What a bunch of stupid non-red-pills
Trump/Pence 2016!
I don't understand things!
A wall 2016!

Trump's father died in 1999.

Are you handicapped?

you are just repeating yourself.

>he had a leg up on me! the only reason he has anything is luck!

bitterness will bring you down, my dude. stop thinking like a loser and you will cease to be one. it's amazing.

This post is the equivalent of
>"haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate"
And somehow, you sound even stupider.

Everyone in politics has a similar silver spoon. If you think the free trip to a top university and all the elite friends in the world every politician had isn't worth immeasurably more than a simple mil in the business world you are the retard.

But what's the one thing everyone else in politics has that Trump doesn't?

refrain

>simple mil
People are so confused about this. So I'll clear it up.
The true story is that the million was on top of the later 70 million that his father gave him for renevation costs. Also, shortly after, his father essentially gave him the keys to his business when his name garnered some bad press around realtors in New York. So it wasn't a million dollar loan, it was essentially a 300-400 million dollar inheritance, and an already successful business.

Just equate Trump to Wagner and you have a pretty close analogy for how Nietzsche would see him.