If a drug could increase your IQ by 15% or your motivation by 30% which would you boost?

If a drug could increase your IQ by 15% or your motivation by 30% which would you boost?

Also, how does one scientifically increase their motivation? Which neuro-transmitters and chemicals are relevant .?

cocaine

If you don't have the motivation for something then it is probably the wrong field for you. The knowledge you could possibly gain from devoting yourself to it should be your drive.

i just drink coffee until i cant sit still.
but this also
if you aren't motivated you're doing the wrong thing.

>The knowledge you could possibly gain from devoting yourself to it should be your drive.

Why? All knowledge is ultimately unsatisfactory, incomplete, transient, subject to revision and inevitable memory loss and final death.

Are you under the influence of a delusion?

I find the prospect of discovery to be a huge driving factor for me. While there may never be a definitive answer I find pleasure in what I do learn along the way. Every time I discover something new i find it stimulating. For me it is more about the journey rather than the ends.

like a hamster running on a wheel, not necessarily going anywhere? I guess some can be easily duped and entertained with pointless stimulus.

Motivation for sure. I'm a horrible procrastinator.

*tips fedora*

motivation, hands down

As far as neurotransmitters that can subjectively increase motivation, dopamine is at the top of the list. This is why pretty much all commerical ADHD drugs are dopaminergic in nature, such as racemic Amphetamine and Methylphenidate. Analogs of these are available on the internet if you know where to look.

Norepinepherine comes in as a distant second, as it increases vigilant concentration. It's much easier to get your hands on drugs which modulate it, as well: SNRIs such as Bupropion, Tramadol, and Venlafaxine, or the adrenergic agonist Ephedrine.

Motivation easily. Even if its something you are passionate about, everyone has some lazy in them.

0*1.3=0

130% of 0 is still 0 anons

Smoking weed just makes me think about deep shit when it comes to school which somehow oddly motivates me to do my homework.

sleep, kratom, sativa, coffee, cold shower will make you a well oiled machine.

IQ by 15% since I'm already pretty motivated I'm just a dumb cunt

I'm reasonably smart (nowhere near genius level, though), probably enough to learn anything I want given enough time and work. I'm also a lazy procrastinating shithead. The strongest limiting factor is clearly motivation, so I'd definitely want the motivation boost.

My motivation is zero so any percentage added I would still be fucked.

>implying my iq isn't zero

>if you aren't motivated you're doing the wrong thing.
I barely have the motivation to get out of bed of some mornings, I don't feel it's a knock against my choice of field that sometimes I lack motivation as it's a pervasive problem throughout my life.

motivation boost, no doubt

Everyone who missed the fact that IQ is measured in standard deviations, and that a 15% increase in it might double or more your actual effective intelligence deserves to be stuck with their shitty motivational pill.

IQ
motivation will come naturally

Having a high IQ is completely nullified by not having the necessary motivation to utilize it.

This. I have a 148 IQ but I'm a worthless piece of trash because I don't have any discipline and have never worked hard at anything, so when something gets hard I give up.

Give me 30% more motivation, please

IQ without a doubt.

I'm already prescribed adderall which is good for the motivation, doesn't stop me from being a dumb cunt though.

>IQ is measured in standard deviations

What the fuck did you just say

IQ is defined to have a mean 100 and a standard deviation of 15 assuming a normal distribution. I could just as easily come up with an analogous motivation scale, mean 100 SD 15, assuming motivation is roughly normally distributed.

Motivation. I've been accused of laziness far more often than I've been accused of stupidity.

just take modafinil

My motivation is already very high; increasing my IQ by 15% would give me a 15 point increase. The choice is obvious

Motivation because I wanna kms every morning

IQ by 15% for sure.

Motivation is not an issue for me, as I am lucky enough not to suffer from any depression w/e.

For those aspects of learning or work that I am not motivated to do, I just procrastinate them and then eventually do them when some other motivator kicks in (money, future work, etc).

Shit skin tier normie retard drug.
Amphetamines were created my the master race for the master race.

Analogs where? Sauce please?
F-For research not for human consumption.

/THREAD

>%
Is this bonus applied before or after my adderall?

If before, IQ, It'd boost it more than most people while my motivation would be largely unchanged since I don't have any.

If after I'm not sure, 15% increase in IQ still seems more useful than 30% increase in motivation.

Yeah, you're doing the wrong thing by living.

What kind of effect does Adderall have on you? I suspect that I have ADD, but I don't want any adverse side effects. I already have periods of hyper-focus on unimportant things. I don't want that to be made worse.

>amphetamines were created by the master race for the master race

The Japanese?

aka the koreans aka the chinese

>If a drug could increase your IQ by 15% or your motivation by 30% which would you boost?

I could care less about how well i can perform on one particular test, doesnt even make you smarter in any way. It will in no way help me in life where as an increase in motivation will.

Like everything in life?

Mayas well kill yourself.

Eternity is a fictional creation of the mind. Everything eventually fades away, including the universe itself.

Holding reality up to an impossible fiction is a recipe for perpetual depression, if not insanity. Insisting things be eternal to have meaning, is about as productive as lamenting over the fact that your 2D waifu isn't real.

Anything available over the counter? I don't feel up to faking a condition for a doctor, only to have him give me the wrong pill.

It doesn't put me in "cracked out, write papers for 10 hours laser focused" mode like it does my non ADHD friends. But it does let me stay on task, in fact it is very hard to switch tasks while it is in effect, so I have to be careful about what I'm doing when it kicks in or I could be stuck playing overwatch all day instead of studying. It also makes me much less distract able, so if I am studying I can keep studying. It's like a plane ticket: The plane will take you to where the ticket says but it is still up to get in line for the right ticket. That said, it makes everything genuinely interesting, I found myself preferring to study all the time than play videogames since I was actually seeing the rewards for the first time. Games usually feel like a waste of time I could be spending improving myself now.

Aside from concentration improvements it calms my racing thoughts down, and suppresses my fidgeting. I can think clearly when talking to people, and I don't blurt out stupid shit as often. My memory has improved a ton. I've stopped going to shows and popping mollies/binge drinking every weekend. On the flip side I have become aware of the passage of time which makes me existentialt.

For physical side effects it depends on the brand. TEVA only gives me light appetite suppression, while this indian garbage I was getting gave me headaches, pancreas cramps, abdominal pains, dry mouth and made me feel sick by even looking at food.

Good outweighs the bad 10:1

Just smoke methamphetamine(as an occasional drug, bi monthly use should not be a long term issue, especially if you do basic harm reduction.)
No joke, the drug that makes you smarter and more motivated than anything else.
I bet some of us sci types could even manufacture it ourselves.

While I can't say I've never known anyone who smokes methamphetamines who was smart, I've certainly never known anyone who smokes methamphetamines who is productive.

Unless you count fanciful arrangements of critler toys and elaborately woven paranoid delusions. (And sometimes security camera and deadly trap arrangements fueled by that latter.)

There was one who I could barely beat at chess... But after four years sober, in jail, she could not only beat me, but former grand masters on chess.com's celebrity nights.

Well, biochemical interactions are largely dependent on the individual. Philip K Dick produced his best works whilst he was an addict. SWIM did a massive repair on a 1986 Bounder RV with very little prior mechanical knowledge. Starter, belts, brakes,tires; pretty much rebuilt the RV in 12 hours, all off of the back of a few old manuals that werent even for that specific RV. Fucker still runs great 6 months later.

And Oscar Wilde wrote all his greatest works while drunk like a skunk, and John Lennon could wallpaper his house with all the sheets of acid he ate.

These are the exceptions, not the rule. The rule sleeps in the back city streets and gathers under the sewage runoff bridges.

...And in all probability, most of these famous drug addled artists likely woulda been wildly better, if they'd cut the fuck back - and in many cases, still alive to boot.

Well speaking from experience, all of my best work and greatest accomplishments have been achieved under the influence of some kind of substance.

>how can i keep motivation up
cites commercial drugs for ADHD
Murica never change

Society is build on exceptions. The rule you speak of would likely have accomplished just as little, with or without substances. I am of the opinion that drugs can and do increase functionality in many users. The question is really what people do while utilizing substances. Getting high and playing video games or partying with a bunch of losers isn't going to get you anywhere. Tweaking and programming? Thats a different story.

Motivation.

But, then I realize that I don't care, and either would be fine.

Through a series of rather unfortunate financial disasters (mostly involving an expensive year long emergency overseas trip, and my employer being fired while I was stuck out there.) I once went through a brief stint of homelessness.

You would be fucking amazed how many drugged out programmers I met on the streets of Frisco. In fact, I'd say over half the folks I met during that, rather enlightening and traumatic experience, were of that ilk - even if, due to being so damned white myself, I was surrounded mostly by my fellow young white homeless folk.

No, most successful people don't rely on drugs of that nature, and most that do end in disaster. Like so many things in life, there's just a shew rare shining examples providing a delusional path to Hell for everyone else.

>Like so many things in life, there's just a [few] rare shining examples providing a delusional path to Hell for everyone else.
Well, there's high functioning drug addicts - that for the most part, are just scraping by, and almost certainly would be better off just developing some self-discipline instead. Seems to be a bit of an epidemic in the medical profession - ease of access and all.

Granted, I doubt many doctors are "smoking meth".