Tfw i use a,b,c instead of x,y,z in Calculus

>tfw i use a,b,c instead of x,y,z in Calculus.

How evil are you Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5GCgAlTOpfc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I use random japanese characters

I use newton notation and I never add the constant after integrating an indefinite

D,L
d,l
different conventions?
surely there will be no confusion!

I use Leibniz notation with an input in paretheses:

dy/dz(4) =

heh, heh.

i use random symbols such as smiley faces or drawings of fish for variables. it takes me longer this way though.

>mfw i don't write down the target space when defining an operator
>[math] T_p: J_{k,m} [/math]

>not using α, β, and γ

>not using a, б, в.

I don't add a constant to my indefinite integrals

same

>write M for small numbers and epsilon for large numbers

>push arrows the wrong way in ochem

I use f a g

[math]\lim_{x \to \frac{e^{i\pi}}{11.999...}}[/math]

I haven't had a maths class in two years and I failed logic class

what kind of retarded is this?

>Calc prof uses lowercase xi ([math]\xi[/math]) in proof of mean value theorem
>how do I drew letter.png
>fuck that shit
>Summon the powers of music theory to assist me
>Use treble clef instead

i use the same name for scalar and vector variables, distinguishing them only by the arrow on top

i write all math statements with quantifiers so nobody will want to borrow my notes

you have a special place in hell you literal scum

I write vectors as plain letters without lines or arrows

I use a non-curly x for a variable and use a cross as a multiplication symbol in the same line

>beg for an extension the night before problem set is due
>actually finished it a week ago

My vectors are little curvy. That makes others uncomfortable

This, never cared for fancy x

jfc, I was just joking you monster

>tfw i "let = f(x)" for every question that doesnt use f(x) or y.

When I write a greater than symbol I'm actually finishing a long ass ket

>do the proof using latex on paper
>hand it to the professor

Do you also write your functions like that?

I didnt do this but my high school friends came up with some retarded new notation for writing numbers

I do this too.

I am a firm believer in the equality of elements of different algebraic structures.
No one get's different treatment. All are written as plain letters and I just write what set they belong to.

I use "k" for limit and n for standard sum factor kaboom

but a lot of people do that

i use n for continuous variables

You can use ∧ for the cross product.

ie, a x b = a ∧ b

It's a notation for the exterior product (wedge product), which is the cross product in R^2 or R^3.

Like how the dot product is a special case of the inner product (which is why I don't like to use the dot and instead use ).

You start to see this notation in differential geometry normally, so you can see some books which exclusively use it for the cross product, and I rather like that.

>not *(a ∧ b)

w e w

e

w

>Use treble clef instead
lool

STOP THAT'S NOT WHAT IT'S FOR

i use upside down v above vectors rather than pointy arrows, they look better :)

instead of sigma notation for sums of Fourier Series, I used n=1,2,...,infinity on my Partial Diff Equations test and triggered my prof so hard she took 10 points off

that's the normie way to do it

I'm a math tutor, and when people see x=my+b for the first time they always say something like "YOU CAN'T DO THAT Y IS DEPENDENT" or whatever so I go "oh, sorry" and replace x with the Batman symbol and y with a smiley face. Partially to make a point that the symbols you use don't matter and partially to trigger them. It always works.

Can you tell how to teach normies Z/nZ? Or any such tips you use to teach them "abstract" things.

I write derivatives as [math]\partial_t x[\math]. It's the superiority of Leibnitz's notation with the compactness of Newton's notation.

I write derivatives as [math]\partial_t x[/math]. It's the superiority of Leibnitz's notation with the compactness of Newton's notation.

I only tutor up to Differential Equations, so the most complex shit I really explain are like Laplace Transforms and proving Calculus.

That being said, the easiest way to teach normies anything is by relating shit to a) money, b) elections (for statistics) and c) dumbing shit down as far as possible.

don't listen to the others, your vectors are perfect the way they are!! diets have been scientifically PROVEN to not work anyways. real men love curvy vectors.

(also checked)

I represent the first derivative of something with c, second with v, and third with a, then the n'th derivative as a, subscript n.

It's like this because back in high school I thought I had a cool idea about finding the volume under a polynomial and I used c v a etc as a way to rationalize what I was thinking about. c stands for constant, v stands for stands for velocity, and a stands for distance for some fucking reason. It turns out that what I did was pretty heavily linked to the basic ideas of calculus and I just used the variables from my work in calc1

sorry for writing so much about this.

This is not devilish at all; it's very common notation in differential geometry

So the cross product is just a special exterior product?
I bought the Dover book on tensor analysis on manifolds about a year ago but I've been too busy making drugs to actually read it

I use WXY. >:D

This is the evilest thing in this thread.

I used to use the gun emoji for every non specified variable.

damn IOS 10

>math prof uses [math]\xi[/math] as a variable on the blackboard
>it's literally just a messy squiggle vertical among his already nigh unreadable handwriting
>struggle for a moment
>decide to use [math]\phi[/math] instead
>proof goes on
>prof uses [math]\phi[/math] as a name for a function
>fuck
>go back and change every [math]\phi[/math] to a [math]\beta[/math]

I use a simple vertical line as a one, like a capital I. Especially in expressions involving absolute values.

>a stands for distance
the derivative of velocity is acceleration
>c stands for constant
brainlet
>sorry for writing so much about this.
beta cuck

>Can you tell how to teach normies Z/nZ?
You can't make someone understand what [math]\mathbb{Z}/n \mathbb{Z}[/math] stands for before they learn about groups and specifically quotient groups. If you mean how to convey the idea of modular arithmetic, a clock analogy always works fine.

this_board_not_4_u

But that's wrong, not just unconventional.

>but I've been too busy making drugs to actually read it
what the fuck

I use multi-letter variables ;)

Source?

Diabolical

of course not, that would just be unclear

image search it you turdburglar

All I got was random line art you aßhat

>tfw I use the function x: f -> x(f) in calculus

Ive always done this, is it really that evil?

Insane! Absolutely madman!

i write my exams in colored ink and randomly switch colors halfway through equations

I use cum stains instead of x,y,z

i dont show my work

>use straight arrows in ochem

Undoubtedly the most reckless thing ITT

Why would you do such a thing!?

i use numerical approximation for everything, even when it has an analytical solution.

This is madman tier but at least you have a fairly solid justification.

Now you've gone too far.

>How evil are you Veeky Forums

I'm definitely not as evil as this guy:

youtube.com/watch?v=5GCgAlTOpfc

that's for sure. Have you ever heard the story about how he kept his friend's head in his freezer and would open the freezer door and give his friend's head a lecture every morning before breakfast?

Go somewhere else.

....for what purpose?

Kekd fucking savage

>write programming assignment
>:%s/\n/
>send to tutor

Instead of k approaches infinity i wrote k approaches 100^200

Nice meme

I do this too, sometimes I just make vectors a bit darker.

>not writing function arguments before the name
>not writing compositions in proper left to right order
[math](x)f, (x)g[/math]
[math](x)(f\circ g) = ((x)f)g[/math]

The single most brutal thing in this thread

I once needed to go to futhark runes after i ran out of greek symbols that i remembered

reported

I make up my own coordinate systems to solve problems then convert back at the end.

Tfw when you're taking a test and know the answer but don't know how to get it so you do this and get it right because the TA can't be bothered tracing through it

Saged, reported, hidden, cops called.
May St. Galois take mercy on you at the mathy gates

Fuckin savage

>x=my+b
>not f(y)=my+b

Doing it wrong tbqh

がんあるおにいちゃん

i actually do this, its really convenient for commutative diagrams
except i even write [math]x \circ f[/math] for [math]f(x)[/math], interpreting x as a function from a singleton

chinese remainder theorem is thousands of years old and they didnt use abstract definition of group.

you literally dont need anything abstract for examples involving Z, really. It's such an easy ring you can just work out everything by hand