Quote Thread

Share a quote from your favourite book.

We have certainly honored the children of Adam and carried them on the land and sea and provided for them of the good things and preferred them over much of what We have created, with [definite] preference.

Quran 17:70

I command you to explode yourself

t. Allah

Quran 12:70

Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward.
Job 5:7

Des Menschen Tätigkeit kann allzu leicht erschlaffen,
er liebt sich bald die unbedingte Ruh;
Drum geb ich gern ihm den Gesellen zu,
Der reizt und wirkt und muß als Teufel schaffen.

Is Job the most beautiful work of all time?

7:6 -

>My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle, and are spent without hope.

Gay sex is fun

Quaran 4/20

Crash into the tower

Quran 9/11

wtf i hate the quran now!

>Is Job the most beautiful work of all time?
Objectively not, no.

Every author in the English canon has works that transcend the bible.

"OP is a fag"

Quran [18/42]

Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, "Listen and obey (your chief) even if an Ethiopian whose head is like a raisin were made your chief."
Sahih Bukhari 1:11:662

top bantz

Hell Fuck no

every author in the English canon was irrevocably influenced by the Bible.

Modern man has the sense (largely justified) that change is IMPOSED on him, whereas the 19th century frontiersman had the sense (also largely justified) that he created change himself, by his own choice. Thus a pioneer settled on a piece of land of his own choosing and made it into a farm through his own effort. In those days an entire county might have only a couple of hundred inhabitants and was a far more isolated and autonomous entity than a modern county is. Hence the pioneer farmer participated as a member of a relatively small group in the creation of a new, ordered community. One may well question whether the creation of this community was an improvement, but at any rate it satisfied the pioneer's need for the power process.

The are two different verse systems.

Best quotes desu.

ban the koran

Trump is right

did u know that
in the koran...

god commands u
to kill urself

if u are living in sin.

not cool.
its
not like
the n.t.
or
the
o.t. genesis...

“I have resisted temptation for two and a half minutes at least: my redemption is sure.”

—Under the Volcano

As a recovering drug addict, this always made me laugh. Reminds me of how Goethe once said that he wrote The Sorrows of Young Werther as a sort of literary sacrificial effigy, as a replacement for killing himself. Reading Under the Volcano had a similar effect on me. What a tragedy Lowry's life was.

>“This was the home of the great god Pain, and for the first time I looked through a devilish chink into the depths of his realm. And fresh shells came down all the time.” - Ersnt Junger, Storm of Steel

Change now is simply less obvious. I don't think it actually is less prevalent or self-imposed—at least for those of us born into affluence, or in a first world country armed with cunning and will.

No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right; if, on the contrary, you only pine for it without laying hands on it, it remains as before, a, ‘well-earned right’ of those who are privileged for enjoyment. It is their right, as by laying hands on it would become your right.

Max Stirner

Haha oh wow. Kind of hate Stirner just because his acolytes tend to be insufferable. I was recently planning to read him. Thanks for convincing me otherwise.

>laying hands on enjoyment

haha.oh god. It's so bad.

"Once a Bitch always a Bitch, what I say."

>The direct barter of products attains the elementary form of the relative expression of value in one respect, but not in another. That form is x Commodity A = y Commodity B. The form of direct barter is x use-value A = y use-value B.[5] The articles A and B in this case are not as yet commodities, but become so only by the act of barter. The first step made by an object of utility towards acquiring exchange-value is when it forms a non-use-value for its owner, and that happens when it forms a superfluous portion of some article required for his immediate wants. Objects in themselves are external to man, and consequently alienable by him. In order that this alienation may be reciprocal, it is only necessary for men, by a tacit understanding, to treat each other as private owners of those alienable objects, and by implication as independent individuals.

Das Kapital

1. Mind precedes all phenomena. Mind is their chief; they are all mind-wrought. If with an impure mind a person speaks or acts suffering follows him like the wheel that follows the foot of the ox.

2. Mind precedes all phenomena. Mind is their chief; they are all mind-wrought. If with a pure mind a person speaks or acts happiness follows him like his never-departing shadow.

Dhammapada 1.1-2

I read that in Zizeks voice because of the "and so on" at the end of the sentence