What did you think of it?

what did you think of it?

Fucking brilliant. What other book is a genuine sexy slasher pulp, cleverly satires French philosophies and science, teaches you the basics of a historical craft, and--above all--completely changes your perception of a basic sense? Everyone should read it.

bump

I use cologne.

great idea

This is the only book that came close to describing my foot fetish without actually talking about it.

Yeah, this.

it's about hitler's rise to power

I saw the movie a a few years ago and I thought it was excellent pls no bully. I remember virtually nothing about it. Is the movie a good representation of the book?

Ebert read the book as well and loved the adaptation. I guess that counts for something.

Ebert is a fat slut hack, and I doubt he really read the book

let me guess, you hate him because he said video games aren't art?

I had to feign interest in this steaming pile of shit for two ex-girlfriends.

I never got why it's so popular. Seems like a regular criminal novel.

No but that further proves he doesn't know what he is talking about

>but that further proves he doesn't know what he is talking about

no your indignation over an elderly man's dismissal of video games further proves how fedora you are.

it's very subliminal, it shows that men are meant to (metaphorically) destroy and absorb their temporary waifu and use what you've learned to move onto the next one for the best life of both sexes and so humanity.

I.e. your girlfriends want you to cheat on them and use them up, they can handle it.

kek, thanks for showing me the light.

Actually, the movie is an unusually faithful and great adaptation, though they left out the "man in a bubble" philosophy stuff, some other good episodes, and toned down the sex a bit. Beautifully shot, though, and the visual depiction of the scents--a very difficult thing--is nicely handled.

My mom bought it for me for Christmas and wants to talk about it when I'm done reading it. Having started it though. Can someone persuade me?

there is a part in the book where the protagonist strangles a person to death to smell them

Sounds like a fetish book

Well, it was written by a German.

Why are Germans so obsessed with fetishes?

bump