Is Reading Sexy?

Here's a question for you, Veeky Forums...is reading sexy?

I've been reading my entire life (old fag here, so it's been quite a while) and never once have I had a woman tell me they find me sexy because I read. Reading has never gotten me a phone number, never inspired a qt3.14 to hit on me, has never gotten me laid.

I read in public and have never had a woman come over to talk to me based on me holding a book. And yes, I'm a decent looking guy, in a long-term with a hottie, and I've had my share of intercourse over the decades.

So what is it about reading that's sexy?

Is it the act of reading that's sexy? Holding a book, concentrating on the text, brow furrowed, that's sexy?

Is it the idea of reading, that someone is intelligent and well-read, that comes across as sexy?

Or is it just the image...an attractive man or woman holding a hard back book, glasses propped on their nose, sitting in a sunny windowsill or on a blanket in a meadow, that is considered sexy?

Thoughts?

Are you sure you aren't reading unattractive books? If you're reading shit like dostoevsky or bukowski, girls won't like you.

Well, are you reading YA?
They'd be more likely to talk to you if you were reading a book they'd already read.
Maybe you look deeply focused when you read, too.

Nah, bitches love bukowsky

for the greater good of our youth and generations to come ; yes ,yes it is.

:*

I'm usually only attracted to men who read a lot, who are very clever, but I'm not a very visual person. Most people seem to go largely on looks, what you do is of little consequence.

Please be in London

Only time a girl talked to me about reading was when she saw me reading the karamazov brothers in a cafe. She was reading the grand inquisitor in one of her classes.

It's just the idea that you read that titillates them. They usually don't give a fuck about it otherwise.

Reading Jane Austen in public does attract female inquiry for me though. Some times I just take a dust jacket and put it on the table so it's easy to see I'm reading Jane Austen. But really I'm reading an entirely different book.

What a slut...

HELSINKI

> I just take a dust jacket and put it on the table so it's easy to see I'm reading Jane Austen. But really I'm reading an entirely different book.

kek'd

I know a lot of english undergrads at my university, 70% of them women. From what I noticed, they are not attracted to the typical male english student. "Reading is sexy" is a meme created by young girls that discovered that not all men are fucking troglodytes.

For my part (I'm a girl), what I find sexy is the passion for knowledge, the use of rethoric, smart talk and such. I guess watching some member of the opposite sex talking about something he or she knows and understands well is quite engaging. The hard part is, obviously, to find someone to share the love of books, films, etc.

SLUT

>sex
if you are still beholden to such animalistic tendencies you don't deserve to read

I was reading at the bus yesterday and a guy hitted on me. It was awkward as fuck, so today i took a different bus.

>bookreader
>animalistic tendencies are baad!
You FUCKED up

>what I find sexy is the passion for knowledge, the use of rethoric, smart talk and such. I guess watching some member of the opposite sex talking about something he or she knows and understands well is quite engaging. The hard part is, obviously, to find someone to share the love of books, films, etc.

same

not a girl

there is nothing inherently sexy about the act of reading a book unless its venus in furs, naked lunch or 120 days of sodom

>It's just the idea that you read that titillates them. They usually don't give a fuck about it otherwise.

This is true. I've used academic stuff, literary/philosophical knowledge, and verbal intelligence as my main schtick to get laid for like a decade. I cannot tell you how many "sapiosexuals" I have basically just talked at until they put out. But they never reciprocate, at all. I am talking fucking actual PhD-holders in Psychology or Literature, and I know more about their field as a dilettante in a totally unrelated field.

So you just talk at them, and give them the occasional opportunity to chime in. Basically, set all the terms of the conversation, but give them little dangling opportunities for input, or ask for their input on shit that doesn't matter. You don't want to be completely one-sidedly obliterating them, so you don't want to ask what they actually think of some topic (even one within their field), because then they feel bad that they're a dumbshit. What you want to do is show off how much YOU know about that topic, and then carefully circumscribe their possible input so that any fucking retarded banal opinion or platitude they have is a valid contribution.

Alternatively, pick a subject you don't really know a lot about, but still way more than them because you actually have integrity. Then openly admit you're a dilettante, relatively often, and affect a kind of gay-ass wide-eyed wonder about the topic. Because you're repeatedly saying you know nothing, they can be like HAHA ME TOO LOL :P I REALLY GOT A LEARN MORE ABOUT IT XD! even though they know actual nothing.

The upshot is that the girl won't feel condescended to or bullied, or that you're showing off, which is effeminate. You want your dominance to be effortless. Women crave the feeling of being a subordinate, NOT the feeling of being completely destroyed by a superior. Especially the smart ones, or ones who think they're smart or will some day be smart pantsuits ladies. So, most rich girls in university, and most educated professionals.

The more superficially intelligent the girl, the bigger their inferiority complex. They know they are in a man's world and they are frankly in awe of intelligent men. Like, they actually have no idea how intelligence, passion, or depth work. At all. If you arrive on the scene and show that you are one of those people, it will trigger their memory-complex of all the weird passionate men and professors they met in college, whose knowledge and talent left them literally uncomprehending and in literal awe. Women don't see individual men, they see aggregate performances. If you mantle the appropriate performance, you're fucking in. They just assume you're God.

Ever see that episode Space Seed of the original Star Trek, where McGivers falls completely in love with Khan because he's walking charisma, and because she's an historian who associates ALL "charismatic gods" with Napoleon, Caesar, Hitler, etc.?

>I know a lot of english undergrads at my university, 70% of them women. From what I noticed, they are not attracted to the typical male english student.

Case in point: These guys are her equals, so she doesn't find them attractive. Paradoxically, being "equal" to a woman means you are garbage. It means you're Just Getting On. Women are attuned only to exceptionality. You don't even exist, to them, if you are on the same level as them.

Same reason they always fuck older dudes. College guys are doofuses, but they look impressive and put-together to a 17 year old.

Girls in college will fuck college guys, granted, because now we're living in the hypergamous orgyporgical meltdown state of Western civilisation. But trust me: All of my FWBs are undergrads, and I'm a postgrad. They see their academic peers in college as immature, so they only fuck the really, really good-looking alphas, and critically, they still see those as uninteresting basic bitches. A 4/10 postgrad (me) who knows how to wave his dick around can get more and better pussy than a 20 year old good-looking guy, because the 4/10 has more auctoritas.

if you marry me i'll talk as much as you want about spaghetti and soccer

>soccer
you know nothingggg

I'm brazilian, it's in our blood

>I'm brazilian,

please don't rape me

i'm not japanese. i'll rob you tho

do you look for competition, verbal 'abuse' and bigoted conversations in a relationship?

some of the funniest shit ive read in a long time

this degree of delusion i would only expect from someone whos been visiting Veeky Forums for like 7years+

embarrassing/10

>be me
>16
>at a youth work camp making dat minimum wage all summer
>Veeky Forums, sleeves rolled up, working all day
>babes mirin
>hottest girl in the work group starts hitting on me a lot
>autism out and move away, though consider coming back later because she was very attractive
>notice a girl who always sits far away from the group during lunches
>notice she reads during lunches
>I would read on the bus and on breaks, but not during lunch
>like 6/10, glasses, messed up hair, dirty face
>peek at book
>grand inquisitor
>holy fuck
>develop obsession with her
>normally rely on girls to approach me because of my body, but this one would not talk to anybody
>snub off all the other girls
>start to memorise the places she reads
>get there before her and start reading my Plutarch
>she would sit next to me and just read her own book
>this continued for like a month, neither of us spoke
>I'm a literal chad and I can't talk to this girl
>summer ends
>we don't even say goodbye or anything
>just leave
>girls 10x hotter go for me when school starts
> can't stop thinking about that girl who read Dostoevsky and Tolstoy at lunch.
>reject them all
>all this time later still think about her
>don't even know her name

In regards to your question:
A romantic relationship involves spending a lot of time around each other. Physical attractiveness is good in the bedroom and maybe in social situations, but the mind is what you really fall in love with. Books are generally lengthy undertakings that require the reader to be immersed in the material.
If somebody goes through with reading a book on a subject they most definitely have interest in it, while other mediums require less time and attention.

I don't know if 'exceptionality' is the right word tho. Most smart college girls want sex and brains, I think this has more to do with admiration ("I want to be accumulate the same knowledge as him").

Also, girls are told they're more mature quite early. At 12-13 most girls stop behaving like children. I remember being that age and looking at the boys from my class as fucking inmature, yelling all the time, still playing with toys, vidya, etc. At this age is when we girls start looking at the older boys. Why? because they *seem* calmer, cool, that is, they have a more defined personality. It's natural for an intelligent girl who is 20-25 to look up to a guy of 30, 35.

u fool

since when rethoric and smart talk is verbal 'abuse'? not all people argue like /pol/fags, you know.

Idk man. I felt like some normie chad bull in a China shop.
She's probly with some cute skinny guy getting lattes or something and I'm just reading oblomov and eating yoghurt.
Meh

I asked a girl out by writing "we should go for a drink some time" in a book I leant her, she wrote her number as a shelf of books and gave me it as a note.

that was a genuine question you slut- that's what i like in a relationship

He who dares, wins. Kill yourself, fag.

Nah man shitposting is more fun
Idk I pretty confident most of the time. This was strange desu

What am I even reading? Is this really how lizard aliens see humans?

Just the "lmao I'm a quirky nerd" culture seeping its way into another hobby.

>Reading the grand inquisitor instead of the entire TKB
Lucky man, you almost got stuck with a 6/10 pseud

>women
>humans

Did you even read my post?

This will become pasta if it isn't already.

Congrats on the autism.

>she wrote her number as a shelf of books
What?

That's cute

You barely touch somes valid points. Anyway, I would gladly visit your wonderful world, because the shit filled megalomaniac apart, it seems to be a fantastic place.

I see nothing wrong with this. Don't you remember being in high school/middle school and watching the younger boys shuffle around like horny spergs?

Elders and betters etc.

>Is Reading Sexy?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Women are fucking stupid so who gives a shit?

OP your question is fine but imma let me rephrase it

Is Pynchon sexy? (yes)

Does Pynchon read? (yes)

It follows that reading is sexy

q.e.d. suckers

I think that reading could be view as sexy for some people.

But if you want to get laid, you won't achieve your goals by just staying on a public place, reading whatever you read. Even if you're good looking. Or, more precisely, I don't think this is the best way to improve your chances.

What worked for me so far, taking in account that I'm a 3-4/10 :

> You read, it's nice. Now go use it somewhere you'll find people who share this interest. Like it or not, but Tumblr is a good place.

> Write/say something interesting. By "interesting", I don't mean that it is by your standards, I mean interesting by the standards of the one you want to touch. I'm pretty used to write and say crap, that hurts on the moment but I keep my actual objective in mind. If people say that you write, they will, for some, see what you read. By the way, keep the good work for others targets. What I'm saying here, it's that there are people who can't appreciate/understand good work, what you call good work. So, give them what they like/can understand, see what it brings to you. It won't get you laid everytime, but in the worst case you will be liked.

I know that it can sounds pathetic and/or stupid, but I don't really care. I now have some goods friends and I have sex with beautiful women (sounds like one of those shitty scams when I write it like that) because I adapt myself. If I'm an ugly guy and I did it, someone better looking than me should have more luck. And it works also for women I suppose.

Straight people.

*if people see that you write

I am straight. Doesn't change the fact that women are stupid.

Not comparwd to men.

I know a lot of women that are very intersting and that for a loàt of reason. But I suppose that debating on that will only lead you ton call me a leftist oar a SJW. So, I don't know, maybe it's you ? Maybe you should just fix your social circles ? You smell like bait but whayever...

this much oblivious autismo can't be real.

come on. there is no way.