Is There Still Life on Mars?

Discuss.

>gimplying

Ecть ли жизнь нa Mapce, нeт ли жизнь нa Mapce… Hayкe этo нeизвecтнo.

I really need to learn something besides: Latin, English and Ancient Greek. :/

You probably won't understand it anyway if you only knew the language (a really ancient soviet meme). I just put it here in case someone remembers. But it fits your question. A rough translation is: "If there is live on Mars, if there isn't live on Mars the Veeky Forums doesn't know nothing about".

That's a pretty poignant meme, user, well done.

>Still
Unlikely

Hey man, life finds a way. It's really hard to kill 100% of life. Earth has gone through numerous apocalyptic events, killing 99% of life and such.

Thanks for the info Neil Degresse Tyson we didn't know that.

>still

Sure why not.

I think there might be some bacteria in stasis that were brought by various things we sent to mars.

Dunno but bowie did a good song about it.

If there is, it's very very very still.

Extreme microbiology exists on earth, though we've never made any serious effort to explore mars's polar region.

The could be something there, probably frozen.

No, it's a barren rock. If there was anything it would be in the deepest darkest caves, and even then it would be hopelessly primitive.

Still Life? No, I hope it is Moving...

Define primitive.

Star Man, great song desu

I'm hoping we find some fossils some day.

Maybe just a microbe or two deep underground if anything. Also this:

Plot Twist: There are little green Martians on Mars, and Elon Musk wants to colonize it so he can enslave them and create a second Apartheid regime.

Why don't we use genetic engineering and make some super robust bacteries and send them to Mars?

that seems to be the most solid plan so far. they would have to be implamted near the polar regions and underground

Would be a big downer for the colonists...

Get of of our land!

Retarded answer. Even the most primitive life forms would make biologists burst with semen. Probably different structures not based on DNA.
Also it would mean the Earth is not unique.

This. Even though we're more likely to put boots on the soil and make confirmation of native microbial life there certain, find fossils is the most definitive proof you can get.

Our landers sent bacteria to Mars

In millions of years life might evolve on Mars just based off of the bacteria we missed in our cleaning that attached itself to our craft, or maybe when we begin colonizing. So we could literally be responsible for transferring life to another planet.

Or would that be impossible for our extremophobes to evolve there? I think it's possible especially underground and in caves.