How do I take off the ideology glasses?

How do I take off the ideology glasses?
How can I stop seeing ideology behind everything?

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/9062300/Slavoj.Zizek.Documentary.Films.October.2013
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You missed the point of Zizek's explanation. You have to put ON the right glasses to be free of ideology because ideology is inherent in your sight and ming.

It's the other way round. He gives his example, in the old days you had the ideological values of, for example the KKK, preserving the white race or whatever and so on, and then you take off the ideological glasses and see that it means you get to beat up some black people, etc. Today we have a reversal, where you see plainly what you get, but you have to put on the glasses to see the ideology behind it.
But either way, the point is that I'm having a hard time turning off the Zizekovision.

Once you start being able to recognise the ideology behind everything it becomes incredibly hard to stop. I recommend finding an ideology that you agree with and using that to critique the ideology you see behind everything.

Well, I think that questioning with logic is a good start, while seeking an ideal one can easily shut its eyes to see the flaws of its discourse. Probably we moderns have much to learn with the sophists in this case.

Now, I don't know if you can take off the "ideology glasses" and see the "world as it really is", there isn't such thing as "non-ideological", everything has some ideological discourse intrinsic to it. Claiming to be free from ideology is the greatest ideology one could possibly adopt. I don't know where Zizek talks about that, but I'm sure he also agrees with it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't seek some"unideological" high ground where I can shun the ideology from, I just simply want to stop identifying ideology, whether or not it is actually there (and I claim that it's almost always actually there).
I guess it relates to the the classical philosophical problem of the difficulty/impossibility to returning to the unknowing state (Laozi talks about unmodeled clay and so on). Or maybe it's just a form of autism.

As an anchor? Will that not just degenerate you perspective?

it should make you smarter and helps you with desc ions. this is the perspective of someone who wants to fit and survive not someone who wants to change thing. if you're looking to dive more into the political you'll need a stand point as a reference. mere criticism isn't enough

Good luck user. Ideology will ruin you. You shouldn't believe something if you cannot prove it.

All this talk of ideology being like an inextricable element of all matter is terrifying. Man, the future is gonna be a shit.

If you're still here, this is wat I'll tell you: read up on another theory. Maybe memetics or something. It gives you something else to identify, and you'll stop seeing ideology everywhere.

Welcome to being woke. I wish I could turn off feminism in my head sometimes but it's just not gonna happen. I don't think you can in any satisfactory way. The only way to proceed from here is to refine your personal critique and analysis and learn how to navigate a truly overwhelming world. This is what The Matrix was actually describing with the red pill/blue pill, 'red pillers' are actually blue pulled as fuck into their trash ideology. You don't untake the pill.

How does the feminism in your head manifest?

Just as a constant awareness and active reading of gender in pretty much everything I do. Gender is almost literally everywhere in human society.

Have you tried Tetris?

>implying the tetris pieces aren't phallic
also check'd

I'm really good at Tetris.

If you care, I'd suggest Susan Bordo's essay "What is a Phallus?" from her book The Male Body. It's a good, short read (also kinda hot desu) and provides a really useful theoretical framework for considering the phallus. I can filez it to ya if you want.

>If you care, I'd suggest Susan Bordo's essay "What is a Phallus?" from her book The Male Body. It's a good, short read (also kinda hot desu) and provides a really useful theoretical framework for considering the phallus. I can filez it to ya if you want.
thanks for the suggestion, but no need to go through the trouble of sending it to me yourself. I have many means of accessing that kind of stuff.

I too have easy access to phallus.

Cheers! If you'd like any more suggestions, I got loads. Feminist studies is Fun!

Ar eyou a goon

Yeah, you caught me. What gave it away, the filez?

give them to me pls
i still dont experience zizekovision

Start with Foucault imo, fairly readable (not easy, but doable) and incredibly insightful.

what do you rec?
i read the first chapter of Discipline and Punish

Why take them off? Does it make you unhappy or something? Or do you just feel intellectually lazy by always resorting to the same theories?

Which of Zizek's movies should I watch first?

pervert's guide to ideology or marx reloaded

>Feminism

Discipline and Punish or History of Sexuality are good starting places. Madness and Civilization is a little more difficult than either of those two I'd argue but those three books are all 10/10 excellent.

Get into semiotics

It's emotionally and intellectually draining sometimes, that's why. It legitimately makes enjoying some things difficult for me because it's so hard to decouple said thing from the power structures influencing it and recognizing all the ~problematic~ aspects.

Critical theory is good and fun, friend.

Thanks. I'll give them a watch first.

>preserving the white race
>implying the white race has ever lost at anything
Even though I'm not a stormfag this is pretty obvious.

>Critical theory is good and fun, friend.

It really isn't. It's a concoction of the bourgeois academics who are simply a useful idiots.

The fact of reality is that it is not of fabric but of delusion. The meaning behind the meaning of any one thing is that it means nothing, but of what is perceived in the mind of the onlooker. One man says "this is what i am" and another man says "i know what you are". A third man says "You are both wrong, for you only know what you believe, and you believe all that is before you". But the tree that they stand under would say to all of them, "I am a tree and i am at your mercy. please let me be, for this is all i am". But the three men say "NO! You are my home. You are my hearth. You are my tools. You are my transportation. You are the shade to my head. You are not merely a tree, but the source of my comfort." and to this the tree asks, "Why?"

OP, dont be so foolish. keep the glasses on. There really is more to the going abouts of life. Never stop looking.

Academia is an upper class role, of course academics are bourgeois. That doesn't invalidate their work on principle, of course someone who can make a living thinking, reading, and writing is going to be good at those things.

That's not how gauge pressure works. :|

10/10. or are you serious? Its an analogy.

But that's not how gauge pressure works! :(((

When I was a sophomore I spent a month doing a lab on gauge pressure. I would watch water drip for literally hours at a time and I wrote an eight page paper on it. I'm traumatized, okay?

im sorry user. That sounds really boring. You should see a therapist.

It was a lot to deal with.

what is the proper model?

The 'proper' model is a solution to the Navier-Stokes equation, which is currently unsolved. There's an empirical formula, called like Darcy's law or something, but I couldn't fit my data to anything. The point of the course was to teach you to do actual, rigorous experimentation so they made us do these horribly dull and tedious experiments like measuring the period of a pendulum and capillary flows.

there's a torrent on piratebay with most of zizek's movies and important lectures. give it a go

Oh shit, I just woke up and I quite literally just put in a search for this stuff on tpb. Weird.

soulmates user, soulmates

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

But really, I'm downloading the ideology movie right now. Every other one besides cinema kind of has shit seeders. I was going to download the books, but they're all in .pdf and I only really use epub and mobi since it's not shit on my phone.

i meant this one
thepiratebay.org/torrent/9062300/Slavoj.Zizek.Documentary.Films.October.2013
it took me over a week to download but internet here is shite (lebocunt here)
but it saves you the time of searching and shite

Literally no seeders, lad.

WWDD
diogenes would've downloaded it

It'd be nice if I could download it. The regular downloads at least have that ability, so I just did that. Watching now.

watch his cinema one and then the reality and virtual one
Read his some of his books if you like them. he is an excellent critic of modern politico systemo

>Today we have a reversal, where you see plainly what you get, but you have to put on the glasses to see the ideology behind it.

Can you please explain this?