times it by

> times it by

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_English_pronunciation_of_Latin
ardmediathek.de/tv/Denker-des-Abendlandes/Cicero/ARD-alpha/Video?bcastId=14913016&documentId=15666294
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>"it equals minus 5"
>not negative 5

>"It equals thirteen hundred point seven nine oh eight"
>Not a thousand three hundred and seven thousand nine hundred eight ten-thousandths.

>A thousand millions

I've had a lot of professors that do this...

>go to store
>"that will be $3.50 please"

never again

>dot it with
>applies a one form

>converges on

>not inverse 5

>"Le Hossspital"

I use the word "quadratify" as a verb.

Usually with exclamatory inflection.

Right before singing the quadratic equation to the tune of pop goes the weasel.

>Right before singing the quadratic equation to the tune of pop goes the weasel.

holy shit that's how my high-school teacher taught us that.
I actually thought she's the one that made it up.
I still can't remember it without singing it.

>plus them together
>minus them
>equal them together

>Oiler

>Oiler
how the fuck do you pronounce it then?

>France is a country located in the continent we call Oy-rup
you-ler, or something close to that

Uler as in uber.

*additive inverse 5

It is Oiler you fucking retards.

t. native German speaker

> native german tells how to pronounce a french name
gg senpai

Euler isn't even German you retard.

Oy vey I wonder whos responsible for this post

euler is a german surname, you should pronounce it the german way
t. french

France is pretty much a territory of Germany. It is only right that the Germans define the French language.

it doesnt matter how euler is pronounced in german.

in english, you dont pronounce cicero as kee-keh-roh or hegel with the correct long e.

in english, euler is as in "oil 'er up for the massage"

But we live in US of Freedom and ain't gonna use your nazi sprache

What do you say, Heggle? That's just wrong.

t. English native speaker

the fuck is the four cylinder engine guy doing on sci

>it is the inverse of this fraction
>not reciprocal

triggers the fuck out of me

>e being raised to a long expression
>writes e^(tiny lettering to fit it all in)
ffs just use exp()

>pronouncing sine, cosine and tangent as sin (as in seven deadly), cos (as in Kevin ___ner), and tan (as in spray on),

[eqn]e^{\frac{i}{\hbar}\int_{t_a}^{t_b}dt\,\mathcal{L}^{\mathrm{(cl)}}(t,x,\dot{x})}[/eqn]

assmad GM cucks btfo
(sorry, had to do it)

I feel like Indians do this.

>the function f(x) ...

>heat transfer

>'dirac' "delta" '"function"'

I was going to post this one.

>"nuke-ular"

>multiply by dx

>indefinite integral

>just minus x from y

separation of variables?

>1/x= does not exist (DNE)

>de brogley or de broly
>not de broy

how the fuck do you say tan other than spray on tan?

tahhhhn?

>grad f
>nabla f

>matrixes
>matrice

>in circuits class
>"become the node"

>8385349
You're wrong on tan

>ln(x)
>"lin x"

Tangent.

>new-clear

I have never heard anybody say it like that before

>not three fiddy

Not
>nuu-clear

this is just madness...

>the for the inverse trigonometric functions I just sat sec, cos and cot
Unhinged and proud

I say that, how do you say it

>deriving to find the derivative
god damn it you little shits

Actually it's pronounced with "ʎ" (Palatal lateral approximant)
You fucking brainlet

ITT: shit retarded americucks say?
Subscribed to the thread.

>de broy

I remember that in some regions billion=million^2
>Yuler
It IS Oiler, dumb fuck. You pronounce the name based on the country of origin

Wow, autocorrect really fucked me up

But it does equal 0 minus 5 though.

>sinh, cosh, and tanh

>"sine-sh"
>"koe-sh"
>"tan-sh"

delete this

Actually everyone I know says Kickero, Haygel, and Oiler.
They do keep the foreign pronunciations of the name.

I realize freshmen who think they know shit get mad at this, but take a college course in differential geometry or geometric topology. The theory of differential forms exists.

It's fine for cosh desu

For the others I say sine-ha and tan-ha

Quadratic equation looks better if you define standard form to have the binomial coefficients tacked on:
[math]ax^2+2bx+c=0[/math]
since it works out to be
[math]x=\frac{-b\pm \sqrt{b^2-ac}}{a}[/math]

>sine-ha
>tan-ha

no, in english Hegel is pronounced Hay-gel. as in Hegel's Bagels.

but in german the long e (the first syllable of Hegel) is not quite the same as the our "ayy", rather a cross between our "ayy" and our "air".
"ay" is probably the closest approximate so thats what we use.

but uezs, ive heard world experts in Hegelian philosophy pronounce his name "hegel" (heg as in peg) but they are rarely english or german.

a great man once said "people who care most about how things are said often have the least amount to say".

where are you from? in uk certainly people pronounce latin according to the following en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_English_pronunciation_of_Latin (except in special circumstances and the church, though ive only ever heard ecclesiatical latin in an italian church so i dont know if thats what they do in uk/ireland). the only other pronounciation system ive used is the german one - but they pronounce cicero as "tsi-zero".

oh god I fucking hate this shit

p.s. listen to 1:43 of ardmediathek.de/tv/Denker-des-Abendlandes/Cicero/ARD-alpha/Video?bcastId=14913016&documentId=15666294

This sound is not that hard to pronounce, it's in like all of the Romance languages. Haygel isn't terrible though.

"log x"

Writing "ln" is stupid in the first place, since no one uses any logarithms other than ln. Most math papers and upper level textbooks will use "log" instead of "ln." ln is only there to avoid confusing babies.

wew

I say "sign-H," "cos-H," "tan-H"

The dude was Swiss, and his descendants pronounce it "Oiler." I watched a documentary that interviewed one of his (great, great,...,great) grand-spawns and the said "Oiler."

Oh god, this is one of the worst ones.

nahh its not that hard to pronounce (compared to short and long u umlaut) but it does throw the rhythm of what you are saying if you switch from one phonology to another.

What's wrong with this? I'm not native

"lawn x"

True but linguistically it's still 100% wrong. Eu does not make an OIL sound in French. They pronounce their own name wrong. That's not uncommon btw.

"Deriving" has a better, more general meaning (e.g. to "derive" an equation from something else). While it usually wouldn't be confusing, when teaching or when trying to tell someone what you're doing, to use "derive" for derivative sounds funny and clashes with that more general meaning.

Do you pronounce "joint" as "jawn?"

Oh, shit, I'm sorry! I totally meant to type "Yoo-ler!" I am so ingrained in pronouncing it "Oiler" that I typed it that way. The guy pronounced it how American math teachers tell you NOT to. It was "Yoo-ler."

If you are curious, the documentary is The Story of Math with Marcus du Sautoy.

In differential geometry an operator enjoying the Leibniz rule is called a derivation. Differentiation is traditionally the process of taking a derivative, but applying a derivation could certainly be called "derivating." This has the benefit of not being confused with other definitions for the word "differentiation."

Your name doesn't have to have a linguistically correct pronounciation, it's a name. I can name myself fish and pronounce it dog. You pronounce it the way Euler preferred it to be pronounced out of respect.

>so how do you say it
>lol I just write something else lmao

I actually do say "log x" instead of "L-N x" when "ln(x)" appears. Lots of people in actual math do this.

>a
>and
"a" and "and" are not numbers, user

>gauze

>circumfearence

Pronouncing something wrong on purpose because "the family says it that way" is still ignorant and wrong. If someone thinks Pi is 3.4 they're still retarded and Pi is still 3.14........just like Euler is still correctly pronounced u-ler, no matter what the family thinks or what convention is. Eu NEVER makes an OIL sound in any fucking language.

nice brainlet logic

>fiteen hundred

>americans telling how to pronounce ANYTHING

Yes, you are supposed to pronounce names how they are pronounced you enormous faggot.

I bet you say Ay-Dolph Hit-lur, too.
kys

in german it does for example.
There are many different valid ways to pronounce it and the family has indeed the say in this. thats how names work