What are some feasible avenues for wireless energy?

What are some feasible avenues for wireless energy?

Is the future of wireless energy in radiowaves?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ml6cedjSt70
web.archive.org/web/20150510072057/http://globalenergytransmission.com/index.php/en/latest-news/27-examining-working-principle-of-tesla-tower
swpc.noaa.gov/products/aurora-30-minute-forecast
cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/DMSP:ssj4_hp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Top wireless energy is solar and batteries/supercapacitors. After that, everything is a pipe dream until tech gets more efficient and uses less energy. Broadcasting energy specifically for wireless transmission is massively inefficient. Beaming it is far better, but still not very good. right now you can play around with energy harvesting devices. Mouser has a whole selection of such device you can play around with to power low energy devices and circuits.

Tesla coils are unfortunately pretty much worthless and just HV open air transformers with terrible effciency.

youtube.com/watch?v=ml6cedjSt70

>Broadcasting energy specifically for wireless transmission is massively inefficient.
it depends on how it's done user.
If the energy is done Tesla style using the Earth's natural EM resonance it is a VERY efficient system. The Earth's surface and Ionosphere make up a concentric spherical waveguide commonly called the Schumann cavity. EM waves have two forms... the common transverse free space form that is taught everywhere and the bound modes of waves captured by waveguides. Tesla's wireless energy transmission wasn't regular transverse EM like radio or TV or cell phone signals. Besides being much, much lower in frequency they were different in kind, they were longitudinal TM mode EM waves just like you'll find in a Radar system's waveguide between the transmitter and the antenna. A waveguide can carry energy much more efficiently than any normal conductor or transmission line.

See
web.archive.org/web/20150510072057/http://globalenergytransmission.com/index.php/en/latest-news/27-examining-working-principle-of-tesla-tower

for a good explanation of the principles involved.

ps. Tesla's free energy stuff wasn't all hogwash either. just check out this page for the actual amount of electrical energy in the Sun ~ Earth circuit at the present moment. The Tesla system of wireless energy transmission could tap a large portion of that DC current flow and make use of it.
swpc.noaa.gov/products/aurora-30-minute-forecast
it was a little over 22 GW of power at the moment I looked, the site says it ranges from 5 ~ 150 GW

Bullshit. Do you have any facts to back that up?

>>amount of electrical energy in the Sun ~ Earth circuit
it's units are in POWER, why don't you read up on what hemispheric power index actually means?
cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/DMSP:ssj4_hp

>>it was a little over 22 GW
that's 22 GW over the ENTIRE EARTH. For something the size of THE EARTH, this is not much power. This is about 1% of the 2311.4 GW average power generated every year. The entire fucking earth intercepts about 1.74703271 × 10^17 watts of solar radiation. And by solar radiation I mean fucking light. 22 GW is not even a drop in the bucket compared to this.

It is horrifically inefficient.

>Reading his post beyond "if the energy is done Tesla style"

good job taking the b8

what is current flow?
>The Hemispheric Power Index is an estimate of the total hemispheric energy flux in GW of precipitating auroral electrons
>electrons

>It is horrifically inefficient.
tell me why they use waveguides instead of coax in high frequency high power equipment.
go on... explain how energy travels down a transmission line and what the losses are. Then explain how waveguide losses are from different sources and tell me again which is the most efficient / least resistance.

>tell me why they use waveguides instead of coax in high frequency high power equipment.

That isn't even remotely the same thing as using the fucking Earth you massive tard.

>what is current flow?
meant for

do you even understand what the Schumann cavity is?
>Schumann resonances occur because the space between the surface of the Earth and the conductive ionosphere acts as a closed waveguide.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances

you should educate yourself cretin before you speak

...it's plenty feasible. Did you not do at least a single Google search on it? There's several large companies looking at it for power transmission. It could plausibly make orbital solar profitable.

>free energy

it's not "free energy", such a thing cannot exist due to how physics works. What you're suggesting is that the movements of Earth, the moon and the sun (all of which required enormous amounts of energy to start) might plausibly generate enough energy to be useful for people

please use the correct terminology

>What you're suggesting is that the movements of Earth, the moon and the sun (all of which required enormous amounts of energy to start) might plausibly generate enough energy to be useful for people

no, if you actually read any of the material I've provided links to and understood it you might become slightly educated in the reality of global physics and what that means electrically.

what I'm suggesting is that the enormous amount of electrical energy that powers the auroræ (australis and borealis) is an electrical cirucuit between the sun as the source of the electrons and the earth which is the sink. why do you think there is a 100v / meter potential difference between the ground and something above the ground?
the free energy that Tesla spoke of is no more perpetual motion than a hydroelectric dam is, they are both powered indirectly by the sun

>what I'm suggesting is that the enormous amount of electrical energy that powers the auroræ (australis and borealis) is an electrical cirucuit between the sun as the source of the electrons and the earth which is the sink.
>the free energy that Tesla spoke of is no more perpetual motion than a hydroelectric dam is, they are both powered indirectly by the sun

yes, and that process began billions of years ago when Earth formed, which required enormous amounts of energy

Do you not understand that it is monumentally inefficient?

>Do you not understand that it is monumentally inefficient?
no I do not!
why would it be "monumentally inefficient" ?
I understand EM transmission in waveguides quite well, do you?
Are you having a hard time comprehending that we do indeed live inside an EM waveguide?

We are talking about the Earth, not a man made wavegiude. The Earth is fucking inefficient for wireless transferring of energy. You have trouble comprehending this bullshit it seems.

>The Earth is fucking inefficient for wireless transferring of energy.

The Schumann cavity is a reasonably efficient waveguide at the proper frequencies.

don't take my word for it... go find something that proves me wrong. I've posted links to information that show what I'm talking about.
So why don't you quit talking out your ass and prove me wrong instead of just spouting nonsense?

>If the energy is done Tesla style
Stopped reading there. You don't know anything about radio or electricity.

>You don't know anything about radio or electricity
my employers would be VERY surprised at that assessment LMFAO

tell me what the differences are between the various propagation modes in a waveguide. I'll be you can't without looking it up. I'll go even further to say you couldn't do a good job of explaining it in your own words even after you've looked it up.

you're just one of those dweebs that get triggered by TESLA.
What gets my goat is that you don't even have a basic understanding of the working principles of radio. I've been talking about known and demonstrably useful physical qualities of the earth and ionosphere as well as the known and demonstrably useful qualities of EM propagation in waveguides.
All you've been able to come up with is
"hurr derp it's wrong"