User cooks pasta

This is my first time posting a cook along, so be kind please. We'll be cooking Pasta with tomato sauce. Also I'm a vegetarian, plz don't be mean

Ingredients
-Onion
-Garlic
-Whole-wheat pasta
-Courgette
-Aubergine
-tempeh
-dried oregano and basil
-lidl bag of dried herbs
-and of course, a shit ton of tomatoes

So first we dice the onions and peel the garlic. If you thinks you have enough garlic, add more. There is no such thing as too much garlic

Next, add some olive oil to a big pan and heat it up. You can also never have enough oil in your food, so don't be shy

Fry it for some random time until it smells good, I'm not an expert at this.

The garlic should have gone in last, otherwise it burns before the onions are done cooking.

Next: add all of the tomatoes.
If you live in a Mediterranean country you could probably find some good fresh tomatoes. If not, use canned tomatoes. I've used the San Marzano meme tomatoes a couple times, they're pretty good, but pretty expensive.

If you're in a hurry, or like watery sauces, drain the tomatoes first. (you will end up with less sauce of course). And if you like smooth sauce you could blend it all.

If you actually wanna make a good and thick sauce, don't drain the tomatoes. It will take longer but it's totally worth it.

Aha, thanks for the tip. I always get confused about this. Even though I added the garlic later, it looks kinda burned in this pic

The secret ingredient, butter. Butter makes everything taste better. Every time a sauce in a restaurant tastes good, it's because they add a lot of butter

After you melt the butter in the sauce, bring it to a boil and then transfer into an oven tray(oven container? oven box? how the hell do you call this?)

This is the second secret ingredient: Time. After a couple of hours in the oven it will be very tasty. If you are in a hurry, set the oven at high temperature: 150 Celsius (482 Fahrenheit) for about 2 hours. Otherwise set it to 90-100 Celsius (302 Fahrenheit) so it just simmers for about 4-5 hours

So after 5 hours the sauce is reduced into half the original size. While it's in the oven you can already start to prepare other stuff you want to add to the sauce (veggies and/or meat)

I always cover my courgette and aubergine in salt for half an hour so they sweat a little and become less bitter

So here I already fried my veggies and tempeh and added the sauce from the oven.

I see that in this picture the sauce looks quite gross. I'm also already cooking the pasta, but I guess Veeky Forums can figure that out without a picture (NO OIL, ADD SALT)

In the very and I added some herbs and a little bit of water, cause it was a little too thick. I also added some chili powder, cause I like it a little spicy

Well here's the money shot. I used my s2 for the pictures, was too lazy to use my camera. Was very tasty. I hope you enjoyed this cook-a-long and maybe learned something.

Feel free to talk shit about my food and/or insult me personally if you feel like it

money shot #2

>5+ hours just for some pasta
what the fuck is wrong with you

Well I didn't stare at the oven for 5 hours, I went to university while it was cooking. It takes like half an hour to prep and you just wait for 5 hours.

Also:
>he doesn't like tasty food

>I went to university while it was cooking

you deserve to come back to a burnt down house

you fucking suck dude, it took you 5+ hours to make a simple pasta that should've taken 20min, from the pics it looks like it tasted shit too

go back to belgium

delete this fucking thread. you're not cooking pasta, you're boiling dry spaghetti. fucking idiot. just mix white flour, semolina flour, eggs, and make a fucking pasta dough. then you'd have a thread. nobody gives a fuck that you fucking made some nasty concoction with canned fucking tomato sauce, shitty jarred dry basil, and fucking eggplant and zuchinni?

what makes you think this deserves a thread, you fucking idiot? i feel like making some scratch pasta dough for tortellini with ricotta, spinach, and pepperoni, with a scratch sausage marinara made with fresh roma tomatoes, fresh basil and oregano and parsley, fresh onions and garlic, sauteed to perfection in dark, pungent olive oil. topped with a good, hard grated parmesan. i would bake a quick rising garlic breadstick dough, brushed with garlic egg butter wash, and make a crisp romaine side salad with cucumbers and radish from my OWN FUCKING GARDEN, and served with the scratch ranch i keep on hand, made with dill i grow myself and other fresh herbs, made with my own scratch mayonaiise and sour cream. and i could accomplish this in 3 hours start to finish, too. because i've actually held professional cooking jobs because i'm not some fucking faggot like you.

i should fucking shit in your mouth, you fucking piece of shit. delete. this. fucking. thread.

>baking the fucking sauce

you're a genuine moron.

this is the worst god damn pasta meal i've ever seen.

i hate you.

Well I'd like to see how your sauce is made, I always want to improve. I never made pasta from scratch, should try it once. I would also like to have better tomatoes, but you just can't get them where I live.

Just to be clear, the cans only contain tomatoes and tomato juice

I could also make it in 2 hours, I just think it tastes better if you cook it longer. Of course one could argue that the extra time is not worth the small improvement in taste.

Yeah you are kinda right. Of course you could just masturbate while watching anime for 5 hours but I just don't have the time

>2 hours

please commit bukkake

I would like to commit bukkake someday, it's actually my fetish. Keep in mind that while the sauce is in the oven you do not actually have to do anything.

why didn't you just put it in a saucepan and simmer it?

I find it easier to control the heat this way. Also my stove is quite small, this gives me space to fry the other stuff.

you keep saying that as if it's a bonus that you get to not do shit and wait for 2-5 hours to eat a fucking plate of pasta

jesus christ user, I hope you get the bn8

i do not quite understand that logic, however i'm sure it tasted nice and i'm glad you enjoyed it.

MINCE onions, MINCED

PASTE garlic, (chop then smash)

CHOP oregano, basil, parsley

CUT roma tomatoes into 6-8 pieces

ADD 1/2 white 1/2 semolina flour to bowl with a dash of SALT

FRY hot italian sausage in skillet until SOFTLY COOKED

HAVE eggs and HAVE olive oil

MICROWAVE a big bowl of FRESH SPINACH

SLICE a stack of PEPPERONI into SHREDS

PUT RICOTTA CHEESE INTO A BOWL

---------------------------------------------------------------

PUT some olive oil INTO A LARGE POT, add the TOMATOES, BASIL. OREGANO, and PARSLY, with enough WATER to have water about HALFWAY UP to the top of the TOMATO CHUNKS.

GET THAT GOING PRETTY HOT AND STIR ONCE IN A WHILE. when the tomatoes are FUCKED UP, smash them with potato smasher or SOMETHING

AT THE SAME TIME AS YOU'RE DOING THAT your ONIONS should be sauteing in a skillet with OLIVE OIL on a pretty LOW heat so that in about 30 minutes they're VERY SOFT. TURN THE HEAT UP for five minutes or so to WORK THE SUGARS a bit. then TURN THE HEAT DOWN and mix in your smashed garlic.

WHILE THE TOMATOES ARE HEATING, and the ONIONS ARE SAUTEING, you have THIRTY MINUTES where you can add EGGS to the flour and KNEAD IT INTO A DOUGH that is LIMPID but has reached GLUTEIN SATURATION (resists being pulled like rope). ADD A LITTLE OLIVE OIL as you start to finish kneading so it doesn't stick. LET IT REST while you tend to the sauce.

add your SAUSAGE AND ONIONS to the tomatoes and keep STEWING. you need to get it HOT ENOUGH TO STEAM but NOT hot enough to BURN at the rate which you stir (every 4-5 minutes). you're trying to STEAM OUT the water content to make it THICK. as it gets THICKER, lower the heat so that it doesn't BURN.

start a LARGE pot of water boiling. MIX your RICOTTA, SPINACH, AND PEPPERONI, and put into a pastry bag.

ROLL OUT your pasta dough AS THIN AS POSSIBLE into a large rectangle. use SEMOLINA flour to dust your work area. slice it into SMALL RECTANGLES about the size of PLAYING CARDS with a PIZZA CUTTER

cont

Why didn't you fry the stuff in butter in the first place?

I read this in a recipe somewhere, I'm not sure about the reason. It said the combination of butter and oil tastes good. Just a habit I guess

PIPE a small line of the RICOTTA, PEPPERONI, SPINACH filling onto each rectangle of dough, and fold over into a pouch, making sure they SEAL. they need to have MOIST CONTACT AREA to do this.

take those pouches and fold the sealed area, and then fold around your FINGER into a RING and SEAL as shown in the ILLUSTRATION. set these aside on a PLATE or something as you make them and let the exterior DRY OUT A LITTLE.

after a while, your marinara will be thick and rich. turn the heat off when you're SATISFIED. BOIL the tortellini. DRY the tortellini in a collander as you drain them. serve with the marinara and grate parmesan over it.

Well thanks for actually coming through with the recipe. I never knew how to make tortellini. As I said, I'm a vegetarian, so I would probably need to modify it a bit.

If you ever find the time, you could also post a cook-a-long with some pictures. I really like threads with actual cooking in it, instead of endless alcohol and fastfood threads. That's why I made this one

Adding cold butter at the end of cooking, off the heat, is an old technique. Butter makes most things better.

Adding it in the middle is a bit curious, but it can't hurt.

You are SUCH a little FAGGOT

kek

This DESU senpai

he SAYS as he IMAGINES my FAT MEATY tortellini in his MOUTH as it GUSHES with thick, rich SAUCE.

oh no mean words from Veeky Forums teenyboppers

how could someone ever recover

>that pic
Fell for the Veeky Forums clickbait too, huh?

>Macaroni and Spaghetti
What the fuck is this shit?

A lot of rage over a pasta cook-along

my thoughts exactly, wtf. message to OP: I enjoyed your thread, looks tasty

Authentic Spanish cuisine.

It's just tomato powder, garlic and herbs I guess.

Well thanks guys. I expected that some people wouldn't like it. But then again, if everybody is positive nobody learns anything. Maybe I will post a pizza cook-along in the future, not sure if I'm ready for the comments on that..

Don't feel bad. Whenever I've posted recipes with pics I get shit on. I expect it and hope some of the rages are creative. You made a great effort at something that probably tasted pretty good. You probably got some ideas that might improve it next time, too. That's called cooking. Good job.

Seeing some honest to God OC instead of the usual burger king vs wendy's threads are always a positive for me.

being vegetarian is irrelevant to this recipe. If you were cooking sloppy joes or a beef wellington substitute then it'd be a bit more relevant, but for all intents and purposes you should've just not said anything. In the future it's probably better to just not mention it and let the posters figure it out, if they even do.

>user posts oc of actual cooking
>Cooking is different than what anons are used to
>None of them have ever tried it
>OP gets shit from countless morons who've never tried it this way

God forbid anyone would ever try something different

It looks pretty good imo, but I'd probably just simmer the sauce in a pot and not in the oven because I'm too lazy. Gonna try this on a weekend, I like it when stuff breaks down completely in a sauce

And props for a nice vegetarian pasta, courgette in pasta is awesome

Also
>kanker
Sorry, someone had to desu