I have an economics exam tomorrow and long story short I skipped a lot of classes...

I have an economics exam tomorrow and long story short I skipped a lot of classes, I've been studying the entire week but I do have a lot to still study, How do you pull correctly an all nighter for an exam instead of a homework or project or whatever??

>How do you pull correctly an all nighter for an exam
you don't. You read your study materials and take notes until a sensible time of night to go to bed, and show up to the exam well-rested and after a hearty breakfast.

you sound like a faggot

Economics is easy af. Supply vs Demand graph every problem and follow what the graph says

I know you're right 99% of the time when you say that but I'm in a college that insanely focuses on economics and I hear like 80% of the students fail the exam

>breakfast
no.
People work better when hungry and needing to piss.
OP, chug a bottle of water before you enter.
Bring another bottle with you.

It has a multiple choice part btw any tips for this? I don't think I can copy because I heard there are 4 different exams

I agree, you need to be sensible about this shit.

I miss a lot of class and this is what I do:
>grab your text and a notebook, go to a desk/room without a computer
If you're serious about it you want to avoid distractions.

>Read every page of relevant chapters in text book without taking notes, just write down the sections you don't know well as you come across them. Take a break after this to avoid burning out
If you're REALLY pressed you can skip this I guess, but its really helpful to reinforce what you do already know while studying things you don't. Helps put the big picture together.

>scan through the text again
>read the headers of each section and try to briefly explain to yourself what they are about. If you struggle with one, write it down/add it to the list from your read-through
>read the parts on your list again, this time rewrite main points in your own words.
This sounds gay as fuck I know but you'd be surprised with the results. Rewriting it in your own words forces you to think about it more deeply.

>go back through the list, see if you're still struggling with anything.
If it's a simple thing you forgot, keep reading over it and contemplating it. You'll get it eventually.
If you just not understanding the text at this point, make another list for these difficult topics and move on from them. Cover as much ground as you can, don't get hung up on one concept for 5 hours.

If you still have some time left take your list of problem concepts and watch youtube videos on them for a different perspective.

Just go to bed

When you're well-rested you'll be able to recall more, have better judgement, and will be less likely to make stupid errors.

this is my biggest fear. I've done it so many times it has become something of a nightmare. You goof off happily until the day before the exam and try to "cram." Yes it works for high school and uni up to junior year, but after that you'll legit get Cs with this method. Don't be a retard. Study at the pace of the lectures.

What are the topics that will be importantly covered or were emphasized in class off the top of your mind, to get a sense of what type of material will be covered on the test?

In terms of general advice, stimulants are your friend if you are unprepared. I can only speak from my own perennially unhealthy experience, but adderall and caffeine will be your best friend (in moderation before monomania kicks in to your detriment) until you at least can think about the topics that you don't know in the form of a succint list of weak, preferably bulleted of you are so inclined. I don't know if there was a community discussion of overachievers on whatever online platform your college uses, or an "official study guide", but if there is it is your best friend. Flash cards are actually a very effective way of separating topics you are umsure about. Write down the formulas and plug them in to a practice problem in the textbook if you are unsure, and read the actual explanation and walkthrough of an example problem if you were really unsure after your lecture, if you haven't already.

t. A student with poor habits that does respectably at uni

Hardest topic for me seems to be the difference between arc elasticity and point elasticity, what they formulas actually mean and what they are and when to use whic I'm sure thereĀ“ll be harder topics but that's wat comes to ind

Because 80% are lazy fucks or brainlets like you. Go to bed, take the f. At least you won't get behind in your other classes.

lmao too late for that I skipped a lot of classes this week to save economics

Update: I think it was worth I'm aiming for the A/B from thinking I was going to fail
Do you guys know what should be the minimum hours of sleep I should get? I have modafinil for the exam but still feel I should sleep 2 hours

3-4. Get a full sleep cycle in if you can.

Economics is a pseudoscience, try

The topic is how to study, not economics retard

bump

Ok Veeky Forums so the exam is in 5 hours should I keep studying?

\jewcommand{\t}[1]{\displaystyle{#1 \atop {#1~~#1}}} \t{\t{\t{\t{\t{\t{\t{\triangle}}}}}}}

it depends what part of economics you're doing imo
like as is, it either has its basis in like sociology/psychology or maths
like if you're cramming you don't want to be going over stuff you brely understand.
you're gonna want to make sure that your foundation in that topic is sound and if you dont have enough time to get to the higher level stuff, just hope the fundamentals can help you work through the questions in the exam, i mean thats how the new concepts form if you know what i mean