Current year

>current year
>he reads fiction

I apologize for enjoying things. It won't happen again

> current year
> doesn't read fiction

Fiction is like one of the few sources of good entertainment we have left. With comedy shows being shit now and all that

Fiction is the highest good. All other actions should be done with the intent of consuming or producing ever better fiction

>Veeky Forums defending fiction ITT
it's all lost
abandon the ship

are those girls 18?

Books are for learning.
Computers are for working.
Bed is for sleeping.
Mind is for thinking.

There is no purpose nor justification for entertainment.

He's questioning the age of girls in a reaction image that is older than himself.

What recently published fiction is good?

Philosophy got me bored lately. I can't get through Nietzsche... perhaps I should pick up some simple fiction and go back to philosophy later.

I wish I knew, I can't really keep up with recently published fiction. I read like five authors who are still alive. Can't say it bothers me much though, at least I don't have to read Jonathan Franzen's novels

But then what does it matter if comedy shows are bad now? You can watch old shows just like you can read old fiction.

this is slamming

What's your purpose in life?

And I do, the problem with good TV is that it's very limited, there are only two comedy shows which are real masterpieces, those are The Simpsons and Seinfeld. I rewatch those a lot but I can't do it all the time because then it becomes annoying. Literature on the other hand has loads of incredible works, you'll probably never run out of amazing novels to read.

That's a very silly question. There is quite discernibly no objective purpose to human life. I suppose you could say one's purpose would be what they expend the most effort towards, in that case my purpose in life is getting Trump elected because I shitpost Pro-Trump and Anti-Hillary memes all over the internet unceasingly 18 hours a day.

Watch Louie.

That's why I never asked what's the «objective purpose of life», but your purpose in life, which is quite different. Even if you choose to do nothing, that's still a purpose of your own. To say you have no purpose whatsoever would entail that you plan to kill yourself in the immediate future.

>there are only two comedy shows which are real masterpieces, those are The Simpsons and Seinfeld
THIS IS WHAT AMERICUNTS ACTUALLY BELIEVE

I will, it's on my list. I actually watch quite a bit of television but most of it just fails to amaze me

I'm not even from the US. And I watch a lot of tv, mostly comedy shows and these two are hands down by an incredible margin the best shows I ever watched. Nothing else comes even close.

>muh muh POST MODERNISM
>muh EVERYTHING IS RELATIVE

And no, if I planned on killing myself in the immediate future that would be my purpose in life.

Reminder that most 'non-fiction' is just as fictitious as fiction ;^)

>he hasn't seen the goodies

I actually haven't, I'll check it out though, I watch lots of British TV anyways

If you're gonna reply in memes, this conversation cannot continue.

It's at least curious that you call Protagoras a post-modernist.

What is your purpose in life then?

To take over the world.

Is this a joke? Like I said, there are no defined purposes for humans in life, what anybody says their purpose is, is irrelevant. Your posts are bad and you should feel bad.

À demain!

The fact that there are not objective purposes doesn't mean one cannot set a purpose for one's life. You are living under a purpose even if you don't acknowledge it. Otherwise you wouldn't be doing anything beyond mere survival (which it's itself a purpose), yet here you are in Veeky Forums.

You say irrelevant, but the concept of «relevance» cannot be defined without grounding it to a system of reference. In other words, irrelevant to whom?

>irrelevant to whom?
Everybody but yourself.

Exactly, your purpose in life doesn't need to be relevant to anybody else. I asked you what your purpose was, because you reject entertainment and seem to praise the adquisition of knowledge and the development of analytical skills. So I ask, what's your purpose in life?

Asking a question which has no answer 3 times in a row? You must be Veeky Forums.

You haven't provided a reason to say there is no answer. Must I believe you have no purpose in life (set by yourself or otherwise)?

>current year
>he thinks that non fiction is a coherent concept

>he reads fiction for the plot

And I thought I was a boring party pooper.

If you think the simpsons is anything but dogshit you should prolly off yourself asap desu.

Slade house by David Mitchell.