I always thought that I was exceptionally intelligent, but it turns out that I'm only slightly above average...

I always thought that I was exceptionally intelligent, but it turns out that I'm only slightly above average. My IQ test yielded a score of 118, which is in the 88th percentile.

I feel so fucking dumb. I'm never going to achieve the things I want, and I'll just be another average school teacher.

I know this doesn't pertain to literature, but I just had to complain

Other urls found in this thread:

terrytao.wordpress.com/career-advice/does-one-have-to-be-a-genius-to-do-maths/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't worry, user. Just take another online IQ test, you will not find any two tests where you get the same score. Just keep taking different ones until you find one that gives you a higher score.

>waaah waah 12% of people are smarter than me

Based on SAT score and test taken from school psychologist.

teenagers make the worst threads

This

For real though it doesn't take an IQ above 110 to think and conclude out a lot of what history's most acclaimed philosophers have, it's more of an attitudinal thing and a will to be open-minded, which is ironically where the overwhelming majority of Veeky Forums falls short.

if u try to messure ur IQ with a test, something u can Train, learn for so to say, why do u think u have enough of it to feal secure? If inteligence is just knowlege, read a book instead of answering questions.

I have the same IQ, user. And I'm doing pretty good.

People of way lesser intelligence have achieved fine success - even in academia (believe it or not).

>tfw I will never take an IQ test for fear of this
>tfw insecure for no reason
>tfw I will always be worried that I'm just not intelligent enough

why the fuck do I care about IQ, m8s?

Because you've never achieved anything, and all you have to hold your pride together is your sense that maybe, just maybe, you're smarter than everyone else. (Possibly with some sense of racial/tribal superiority thrown into the mix, if you're a little bit /pol/)

Without that, your sense of self would rip apart like an obese suicide jumper hitting the pavement.

>But why?
You can thank the culture of "you're so special" and "anyone can achieve anything" you were raised in didn't prepare you for the harsh reality that the game is rigged. Where you were born, and who you were born to really does matter. You're not your intellect, or your potential - you are the sum of your actions and what you do over and over again is precisely who you are and always will be.

>this much projecting

Literally all I care about is what I can contribute intellectually - if I can't then I'm fucked. The worst damnation I can imagine is someone saying my ideas aren't interesting, though I already know they aren't particularly. So my "potential" matters to me.
By other people's standards I have achieved more than most just because of my university and subject. To me it is just what I suppose I expected if myself as a bare minimum.
I was not raised in a culture of "you're so special" or "anyone can achieve anything". My parents don't give undue praise and I'm not American.

hey man, went down the jewish-masterrace rabbit hole, got sad because i felt like an inferior human being, born a spic gentile, not even worthy of interaction with the leader of my religion, human garbage. not angry against those who are more privileged, just distraught that such a small minority could have so many cards almost supernaturally stacked in their favor. not an antisemite, just feel like the jews are more worthy of existing.

maybe you have the same feeling about IQ, found this article uplifting:

terrytao.wordpress.com/career-advice/does-one-have-to-be-a-genius-to-do-maths/

gain some self worth. the world isn't a meritocracy quite yet. there is still room for some john henrys, if fame/legend were a worthy pursuit...

if anything on this earth were a worthy pursuit...

you are right, you are fucking dumb and you'll never achieve anything. not because of your IQ score though but because you're a proverbial idiot.

it's okay, friend.
as some say, the first part of your life is merely getting over yourself and how smart and awesome you are, the other part of your life is called reality

This feel sucks.

Just remember, hard work>>>>lucky fucknigga IQ shit

that's okay, just sign everything you write with

>t. stoner

from now on

Although IQ tests are horrible judges of intelligence, the fact you made this thread is unfortunately not.
That's a pretty big number.

It does not matter how smart you are as long as you are able to make people think you are smart. You can make anyone think that if you know how to express yourself with clear, concise language and are self-confident about it.

There is also something called neuroplacticity, which means that the brain is changing over a lifetime. You can train your brain to become smarter. Just read widely and deeply and find intersting people to talk to and your iq will rise.

for you

IQ means nothing, idiot. Are you really going to let your life be dictated by numbers?

I did an online IQ test a few days ago for shitgiggles but after completing the last question (out of 60) it said I had to pay for the results.

I have consistently scored between 90 and 95 on every IQ test I have taken, and the only places I have suffered is in math class, logic classes, or the LSAT.

Meanwhile obvious high IQ individuals with high language or music abilities tend to "lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." They get arts degrees, drop out of school, become NEETs. Only like 1 in 25 attain success.

do you realize that the average is 100?

>I'm never going to achieve the things I want, and I'll just be another average school teacher.
One reason I dislike IQ tests is the fact that people use them to determine what they can achieve, often putting limits that are not there, and depriving themselves of doing something that could have been fulfilling for them.
Just keep in mind that an IQ test is supposed to measure fluid intelligence, not particular talents.

>just found out I have the strength level of a 2 year old, I'll never be the athlete I've always wanted to be
>LE STRENGTH MEANS NUFFIN DON'T LET IT DICTATE YOUR LIFE

that's how you sound

Yes we get it, you have an IQ of 180 or something

My IQ was tested to be 129, and honestly I feel dumb as fuck. Dropped out of college and I work a retail job. I struggle with most basic tasks.

Seems like most people have just an easier time comprehending a situation and knowing how to react. My mind almost always seems to get stuck.

probs cos of asperger's

140 IQ here. I experienced the exact same problems, and yes, asperger's is the correct diagnosis.

hello fellow smart but dumb bros.

I was told that my autism is a gift and will get me to do great things, but it was a lie.

You're posting from beyond the grave? What's it like?

Like half of what we see as intelligence in our normal experience comes from knowing how to think. If you know how to think you'll do much better than someone with a somewhat higher IQ who is limited by their flaws. Of course, very smart people usually teach themselves how to think, but it's a skill anybody can learn.

No it isn't.

IQ is a fairly inaccurate test of some aspects of intelligence. Further, he's only kind of dumb, not very dumb.

Just how stupid do you have to be the need a test to tell you you're stupid?