Why aren't we going to jupiter

why aren't we going to jupiter

Other urls found in this thread:

thespacereview.com/article/3025/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because we're going to Europa:
thespacereview.com/article/3025/1

IT'S NOT JUST A GOOD IDEA, IT'S THE LAW.

It's also a law that NASA has to use the SLS to do it.

Because we would get a trippy trip and return to be fetuses, apparently...

Because that would make us stupider XDDDDDDDDD.

And NASA is too much of a pussy to wait that long for shit to go to jupiter.

There have been plans for deep entry atmo probes though

And they could get to like 200 bar XDDDDDDDD

>we going
What do you mean by "we", Peasant?

Because it would be spooky and scary and nobody wants to go to a planet made of coffee and milk.

>it's a law that NASA must use an overpowered money drain to launch a little probe

The best Jupiter mission I've seen proposed was for an atomic ramjet powered probe. Thing would be able to cruise for several months before the reactor died.

We are.

The only other rocket that could do it is falcon heavy, but do you really want to lose a $2 billion probe from a launch pad explosion?

also, the SLS program will literally save money the more times the rocket is used

What if we found shit living inside Jupiter?

>What if we found shit living inside Jupiter?

What if we found ore bearing rocks on some of the moons OF jupiter?

And do what, other than die due to radiation?

>imblying money is a real resource

You need a nuclear reactor, not RTG and defiantly not solar. A couple hundred kilowatt reactor.

> to die in an hour from radiation belts
ok

>radiation is omnipresent in every possible orbit of Jupiter
ok

I bet you also think we didn't go to the Moon, because of muh Van Allen belts

>> radiation is omnipresent in every possible orbit of Jupiter
I didn't say that, but in the photo the ship is actually in the inner belt, that's why i wrote this
> I bet you also think we didn't go to the Moon, because of muh Van Allen belts
we were on the Moon, I studied Apollo program for a long time, not because of doubt, I just think it's on of the best human achievements, if not the best

>but in the photo the ship is actually in the inner belt
It's obviously shooped that way because retarded normies won't know that it's Jupiter unless the spot is in the picture.

I agree. What do you think about Musk's answer to the radiation question. It was like:
> What will you do to protect passengers from radiation?
> It's only couple percent cancer risk, where is your sense of adventure? Get on board you cowards, dude space LMAO am i right guys?

Ganymede or Callisto?

your mum

He could have at least mentioned that his plan would have them in the higher radiation environment for 3 months as opposed to 12 months with NASA's plan

How much shielding does it take to reduce gamma ray dosage by 75%?

Americans simulate it by being fat.

2cm or 0.8" of lead throughout, Not practical

hahah, fat americut burgers, dude you gotem' guud lmao

>Because that would make us stupider XDDDDDDDDD.

This desu

Well, Juno is there.

Humans can't go there because of several reasons.

1.) There's radiation from its super-huge magnetosphere.
2.) Gravity. Lots and lots of gravity.
3.) There's no solid surface, the atmosphere is highly toxic and you'll be crushed within moments of being sucked into it.
4.) It's too cold for life as we know it.
5.) It's moons are a far safer solution, and are more suitable for supporting life.

>5.) It's moons are a far safer solution, and are more suitable for supporting life.
Io is hell.
Europa would only work if you were underground, because it's inside Jupiter's radiation belt.
Same with Ganymede.
Callisto, the outermost big moon, is not showered in radiation.
I'd say Callisto is our best option for surface habitation.
Europa for underground.

Yeah, I was just meaning that you'd actually be able to stand on them for more than two seconds before being crushed by gravity. They're still hostile to life, but you'd at least have a slight fighting chance of staying on them for a short period of time.

shekked.

It wouldn't be able to transmit anything and just flow around doing nothing for the sake of the feeling