Yo you fucking whore's. cam we make lits top 100 of 2016 now? let's discuss this. I have an idea. everyone gets 5 votes...

yo you fucking whore's. cam we make lits top 100 of 2016 now? let's discuss this. I have an idea. everyone gets 5 votes. 2 votes have to be for books that weren't on last year's list.

GODDAMMIT ****can

bump. i want a new list too

bump yeah lets do this. someone post last years list

Make the poll OP

let's make a new thread for this though If were going to do it. I'm on my phone I can't run this shit.

And here's 2014

Thoughts on "The Man In The High Castle"?

[The end left me full of questions, and it seemed that it wasn't a part of a series]

THE POLLING user HIMSELF WILL MAKE THE LIST FOR US AGAIN IN DUE TIME YOU FUCK

SUMMER AIN'T OVER

>2 votes have to be for books that weren't on last year's list.
can they be from the 2014 list? because i haven't read anything else

no. just make something up you stupid fuck. actually don't even vote. you're a pleb

I don't even know if 100 books have been released this year.

It would be nice if people stopped voting for the fucking meme trilogy this time.

New readers and summers gon be mad at me for saying this, but imposing that all of last year's list be excluded would make it more interesting. A popularity contest will just yield more or less the same result with a few positions switched around and a couple flavor of the year books being replaced by new ones (Brief history, Ferrante, Gass locally, perhaps in time Jerusalem). Anyone who's a regular here can even call most of those changes well in advance. (eg Stoner, New Sun will take a small dip since the shilling has relented, Gaddis will finally have been read by some, usw)

It's not always the same polling user on consecutive years

I don't remember it exactly as its been a while but wasn't there something meta where Juliana realizes the reader and "our" parallel universe or something.

And that Tagomi (?) guy comes into our universe in San Francisco after being enlightened or some shit.

It's been a while and I didn't really like it desu

Infinite Jest #1 in two rounds of voting? What the fuck is this?

Tender is the night (new)
Don Quixote
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Brothers Karamazov
Art of the Deal (new)

we did this before summer fag. like 2 months ago. it was just a shit list.

why everyone acts like this list means anything beyond "BOOKS Veeky Forums LIKES" is totally beyond me

put a fucking disclaimer at the top that says

"HEY DIPSHITS, THIS ISN'T A DEFINITIVE LIST OF THE BEST BOOKS, THIS IS A LIST OF BOOKS Veeky Forums LIKES, IN CASE THAT WASN'T ABUNDANTLY FUCKING CLEAR FROM THE FACT THAT WE ONLY POLLED Veeky Forums.

and yes, Veeky Forums really likes infinite jest. but there are loads of people out there who think IJ is a steaming load of incomprehensible shit. who's right? answer: nobody. welcome to subjective experience.

i will anyways. i'll vote infinite jest, ulysses, gravity's rainbow, moby dick, and lolita as my top 5. so fuck you

Unoriginal 19 year old detected.

You're the worst kind of newfag. That one thread you're talking about... that's not how these polls work.

>unable to recognize satire

excited to be going back to school soon?