Could we slowly let out tanks of oxygen on the moon...

Could we slowly let out tanks of oxygen on the moon, until we fill its atmosphere with enough we could breathe with or will its significantly weaker atmosphere let it out?

There is no atmosphere on the moon

seethe moon simply cant hold onto one, its a tiny light bitch

dissapointing

Yes, we could. And while it's true that eventually it would all blow off into space, it would take tens of thousands of years or more.

what is inside the moon

You could. But the problem is to get the oxygen tanks. You need a LOT of them you see.

More moon

nope not possible due to the low gravity, the gas is not kept in the moons vicinity and will just escape.
Its like helium on earth. eventually al helium will have escaped earth. (new formation due nucleo synthesis/radiactive decay)

3/10 shitposting. Try better next time.

Double "O"
oo

What if we build a giant plastic bag around it though?

Kek

Hitlers secret base

-not enough gravity
-no magnetosphere

It'd float away into space just like you should.

I believe the lifetime of an Earth-like atmosphere on the moon is something like 10,000 years, on Mars it is about one billion years.

is terraforming mars possible?

yes

"is it feasible" is another question entirely

what about shooting a laser at mars to melt its core to get it spinning again?

are all planet and larger body cores solid/really hot?

like I europe being an ice sphere with only water inside
or neptune being just gas

actually I was really sad when I learned neptune was not like earth just a windier and colder version I dreamed of living on neptune when I was tiny

>are all planet and larger body cores solid/really hot?

What else could they be? You're not going to find a gaseous core supporting the kind of mass any of the planets contains, even the gas giants almost certainly have solid nickle-iron cores and if not that, then certainly solid cores of some kind.

As to being cold, Mars is still hot inside even tho its core has cooled enough that it doesn't spin, Mercury is hot inside but that's from the tidal forces of the sun.