Thoughts on this?

Thoughts on this?

>have to pay to access assignments

the video guy is my husbando.

Proof that universities have become nothing more than a fucking corporation at this point.

>its a determinate integral but you cant actually put in the correct number, you have to simplify it in exactly the way webassign wants or the problem is wrong

also, the 'practice another version of this problem' shit basically just gives you the answer every time. fuck this program.

have to take an intro stats next semester and every section of the course uses it

somehow avoided it until this point but god damn, everyone complains about it. they sell it because they know people will buy it and don't give a fuck

On some of the integration problems you don't even have to simplify them, only thing good about webassign is that it's a bit cheaper than buying the physical book

I actually found WebAssign to be very lenient when it came to accepting answers. You could even leave answers as expressions long enough to extend beyond the visible answer box or even as unevaluated integrals sometimes and it'd still take it.

this, I don't know what that guy is talking about. The problems I hate the most are the one's where you have to graph something using their built in graphing widget.

Liked it way more than written homework

Lmao, he was putting in the wrong answer and thinking it was the form.

Top kek

Nice quads.

WebAssign worked well enough for me. I don't think I ever encountered problems with it. Only used it for Calc I and II. On the plus side, if you have a professor that lists out all the assignments you are going to do for the semester then you can proactively get HW done way before it is due. That way you can focus on other classes.

Despite that though, part of me still thinks this is just another way to screw you out of your money. I'd be happier if professors told students to get an older edition of a math textbook and assigned problems from there.

I use webassign for Calc 1, funny thing is Calc 2,3 and 4 don't even use webassign. So this is the last class I'll ever need to purchase access for. All the homework is also due at the end of the semester, before the final.

Fucking hate it, but it's basically the only alternative if you've got a lecture course with 100+ students in it unless the school wants to pay me to hire a dozen TA's to grade homeworks every week.

Webassign makes the teachers job fucking easy, best thing that ever happened for professors of lower level math courses.

>All the homework is also due at the end of the semester, before the final.
So are all the HW assignments already listed out somewhere? Would it be possible for someone to be proactive and get stuff done early or is stuff just assigned every other day and you have till the end of the semester?

Depends on the professor. Most people will unhide assignments one week at a time. I usually release a group of assignments at the start of each new unit.

Not all the assignments but the proffessor releases a months worth of assignments at once. Basically, what this guy is saying .

You are literally my Calc 1 professor. Where do you teach?

forgot pic

University of Nonya.

I'm a professor of Business.

Yeah, I personally like it when there are at least a couple of assignments visible. If I have the time, I like to get whatever I can done and out of the way. It allows students more time to focus on other classes.

However, I feel some professors are against that idea. Not sure if they don't want students to jump ahead or what.

Even though webassign might be jews, they aren't as big of jews as the bookstores they have on many uni campuses. The paperback book for my Calc class costs $300 in the school bookstore. On webassign it's $95 for semester access to all assignments and the ebook.

Fuck bookstores, thank god for webassign.

>they aren't as big of jews as the bookstores they have on many uni campuses
Campus bookstores are generally fucking awful with the prices. Selling books back is also a joke too because they give you so little. I think some stores are offering rent options now but fuck that.

Personally, I did everything I could to avoid buying books (or anything else) at the bookstore. Even worse was at the beginning of a new semester. You and a bunch of other students are trying to search for books and check them out. Shit sucks. Being proactive about checking syllabuses and ordering online a ~month before the semester starts can really save you time and prevent stress.

they're a form of investment. Some exploit it better than others.