BIO-CHEM HELP

Can someone help me with this molecule? I need to know what amino acid residue the DOTA is attached to and which end is the N-terminal and which is the C-terminal

pls

okay so i figured out the N-terminal (right side) still dont know what amino acid residue the DOTA is attached to and i now need to find the amino acid residues for the entire polypeptide

is the first one on the right methionine? methionine is the only amino acid with sulfur but its one more carbon away from the alpha carbon than the one in this pic

nevermind cysteine also has a sulfur atom so its that

coming along on the right side (no thanks to you brainlets) i still cant figure out what the residue attached to the DOTA is. I dont know of any amino acid that has an ether in it...

N terminal is cysteine

C terminal is lysine

DOTA is indirectly connected to threonine through the ethlyene glycol bridge, and the threonine is connected to the amine of lysines functional group

>Calls others brainlets without being able to figure it out themself

lol i said brainlets knowing someone was gonna get butthurt and finally help me out, thanks for the b8 m8

thanks a bunch man

are you sure its not serine instead of threonine? i dont see that methyl group that threonine has?

What are you fags talking about?
It's attached to the c terminal lysine, through some weird ether crosslinker.

so lysine is the final residue?

Yes, open your ears bitch, although I guess the linker is technically an amino acid since it has a carboxyl group and an amino group with all the ethers in between.

another question concerning pic related, the blood stream is filled with cystine but not cysteine. what in our blood oxidizes it to make the disulfide bond and what is the change in oxidation states?

> the blood stream is filled with cystine but not cysteine. what in our blood oxidizes it to make the disulfide bond
>what in our blood oxidizes it
>oxidize
Gee, I wonder if it could be oxygen... Do your own fucking homework.

lol i thought that was too simple of an answer, thanks though

Threonine is attayched to the amine group the side chain of lysine, which has its carboxylic acid group free

It helps if you actually pay attention you daft cunt

the one circled on the far right is cysteine not serine

Yeah, my mistake on that, slightly sleep deprived

Fucking high schoolers. Look at the alpha carbon of your "serine/threonine".

>can't tell which side is n or c terminus

Are you taking a biochem class for retards or something

Science hurts my brain :(