>he had misspelled it as "Harlem"
>mfw
True story (really).

Cool

Cool

Cool

>wanting to read harlan ellison

fuck outta here

You shoulda just said 'Yeah it's spelled H A R L A N and two L's on the Ellison.'

>I mispronounced a name
Great story man.

>Harlem Ellison
>I gots to scream but I ain't got no mouf

I used to work at a bookstore and I once had a grown woman, probably around 45 years old, ask me what the difference between fiction and nonfiction was

I worked one over the summer and nearly ever customer was either people like OP who couldn't be fucked looking at the shelves or people asking for recommendations, and when you ask them what type of books they like they say "Well I/they like fiction, so..."

>order wings from Dominos because I want something quick and nearby
>young black male at register
>great...
>no greeting, barely any eye contact
>tell him my order and he grabs it
>he pushes the receipt to me to sign in the most "I don't wanna do this shit" way possible
>draw big X through the tip line
Don't like your fucking lame job? Then quit. Don't take it out on the world you fuck.

Maybe a greeting would've brightened his day.

maybe he was trying to be super deep

The last time I went to a bookstore I got Carpenter's Gothic and Agapē Agape and the cashier (a black guy) asked me if I'd read anything by Gaddis before.

I told him I read The Recognitions and he said that was Gaddis's best book though he started with Carpenter's Gothic.

Them why dont justt repeat the name to the dude??? what

lol

I said hi he didn't say anything since he was in a conversation with one of his homeboys who was leaving as I entered

Next time pronounce your words without slurring them like a drunk and maybe people will be able to understand what the f*ck you're talking about.

aight fuck him then

I worked at the bookstore right when fifty shades of grey came out, that was great
People would ask for recommendations based off that, I'd tell them to try the Twilight series since 50 shades is just an edited fanfic of it, and I'd also direct them to the YA romance and shitty romance sections
I worked there when hunger games got big too, that was obnoxious

No she was being genuine
I kind of laughed at first, thinking it was a joke or something, but she was dead ass serious
I just told her fiction is made up stuff like Harry Potter and nonfiction is real stuff like history or medicine and stuff like that
She just said oh okay thanks and walked off

Tell us a yarn or two, user.

>this one time this one black dude did something, i think i got one i can post on Veeky Forums

>Hey bro are you racist or something?

>f*uck
Are you fucking kidding me?