ITT: post your stack; rate other anons' stacks

Don't mind me if I make yet another one of these.

...The stack of books I currently have beside my couch. How am I doing? Constructive criticism, please! But, a few shitposts never hurt anybody.

>Jack Keroac.

Wew lad.

dear diary i was at big sur like 2 months ago, you ever been? almost all of it is one big memey tourist destination but if you go there you have to camp out on naciomento-fergusson road; literally the scariest cliffy road you'll ever drive on because it's pitch black and night and there's a fog so thick that even your non-high beams reflect back at you and the road is like 2 of your body thick with like a thousand foot drop on one side it's spooky but you can literally camp on the side of the road

amazing view of the ocean and cliffy valley, and there's always spots open, you oughta go there i can't do it justice

bump

>his to read list isn't register based

>constructively critique this random stack of books

What are you hoping for here, exactly?

'Wow, nice purchase, bro! Awesome stacking skills!"

17-year-old/10

>What consititutes a stack?
>Are they 'reading' or 'to reads'?
>When a book is comleted is it immediately removed from the stack or is there a time limit?
>You say that these books are beside your couch, but we don't know if you just put them there 5 minutes ago?
>Will you have already moved them somewhere else? The kitchen?
I would appreciate it if you could answer these questions and currently frantically searching my near vicinity for available stacks, providing that the above rules are qualified.
Many thanks

1/4
library stack

2/4
'shelf' of some to-reads (1/2)

2/2 shelf

actually lies, i have read faust and am reading the green grene/lattimore greek tragedies.

4/4: books im making my way through

how do you even read all those books at the same time?

you forget the weed, waste of flesh.

Interesting stack. I'd probably like to have a cup of coffee with you

Taking a stack away on holiday (6 days)

>Anatol Lieven - Pakistan: A Hard Country
>Marcus Aurelius - Meditations
>Comarc McCarthy - Blood Meridian
>Curzio Malaparte - The Skin

is Big Sur worth reading? I do like K.

> inb4 why don't you read the fucking book and find out jesus christ

1/3 through 1984

hope to finish the rest in a couple weeks before classes start

simply epic

?

>i keep my books in stacks cause like, shelves are so restricting of my free spirit brah

Here's basically everything. It's stacked now but wasn't when I took this picture, too lazy to rearrange so the spines all face the same way though.

Kafka stories, good job

>Fear of being called a cuck online is my sole impetus for reading

>its a poster takes iphone pic of book and doesn't know how to post without image being flipped

>It's stacked now but wasn't when I took this picture

thank god i now have this information

what? the four of those? i'm not really making progress on Either/Or right now because I'm reading some other philo stuff first. I am reading IJ slowly and when i feel like it, L'Étranger when I'm studying french. and i read pieces of prometheus bound when waiting around for olympic events. The thing I'm most actively reading right now is Plato.

Did you ride the tiger today my fellow aristocrat of the soul?

che guevara was amass murderer

Going to rehab for 2 months and am actually really excited to munch through all this mulch. And before you berate me for the Robin Williams biography just know that I'm interested in him psychologically—his comedy I could take or leave.

we have the same c&p! hope it goes well in rehab

Thanks man. It was actually my initial decision so I feel pretty good about it. Better to nip this sort of thing in the bud now before I'm a 31 deadbeat trust-fund baby oxy-moronic loser who only gets fucked by his own manic depressive reputation of a girlfriend who'll inevitable take the devil by the hand and put a glock in the other to the dome.

Yours all suck peep mine

I have that copy of grapes of wrath the color is very comfy

:^)

i just finished travels and hyperreality (again) and i figured i'd finally crack into don quixote before reading labyrinths, and then it's on to name of the rose for the first time in a few years

Do you like cross-dressing?

I'm pretty new here, so don't roast me to much :v

>falling this hard for memes

Think took the same course as you, famalamajimjam.

Karl kung bast kung fa.m

Still dont know how to post non-reverse photo tbqhfam

What is the book with the blank spine?

Illiad

lol

no

Release your inner infant my friend.

Posting stack of chillers

All I see is a dick and balls

Rehab for what? Shit taste? Jk

Little brother wasn't bad but I was like 15 so

just started wojnarowicz today

kek

oo Almost Transparent Blue..been wanting to read Ryu Murakami, specifically that one. Have you gotten into it yet?

is there something i don't know about Eugenides that qualifies him to write an introduction to a classic?

That Proust looks nice.

Opiates, which really just symbolized my addiction to being a lazy piece of shit. Anyway, leaving tomorrow and actually pretty excited.

Rate please :^) (1/3)
How is Cioran? Have you read all those?

(2/3)
I notice you have a couple Penguin editions. Do you find they are good editions? Why?

how the fk do you find a book on armenian at a thrift store? tfw when im a poor pleb and 99% of the stuff in savers near me is spanish...

(3/3)
These are all fine but not really literary imo

I didn't find it at a thrift store actually; I was at a convention for an organization I was in, and a couple people were selling used books for cheap, so I bought this. I do do a lot of thrift shopping though, and you will find stuff like this if you look hard enough. I usually visit used bookshops 4-5 times a monto, and there will always be some neat little book like this you'd never think to buy on your own. Just keep searching.

yeah i guess its more of a long game, i need to visit more frequently probably. i found a hebrew book today (berlitz self-teacher) which absolutely stunned me, but that isn't too normal. like i said, i just need to visit more often i guess..

have a good night user

Haven't heard of most of these authors (besides McCarthy and Herbert). Any recs from among the others?

Yeah, it's definitely a game of dedication at least in part. Happy to hear about the Hebrew book though :)

Good night!

Read alot of that stuff in my youth. Loved Salvatores battle scenes, they get even more epic in later books, but he piles on more and more nauseating Drizzt moralizing. The Entreri and Jarlaxle trilogy was good, chaotic neutral fun though.

Shoe Dog was written by Phil Knight, the founder of Nike. So it's an autobiography.

Red Platoon is a memoir on the authors time in the middle east when his army base was ambushed by a large group of infidels.

I believe both of them are first time authors.

As for Agatha Christie, my favorite book of hers is And Then There Were None, although Murder on the Orient Express is awesome too.

Hitchcock/Truffaut is a look at Alfred Hitchcock's film career through interviews and writing done by the French film director Francois Truffaut. Great book if you're a film buff or an Alfred Hitchock fan.

Those sound interesting; I may pick up Shoe Dog and maybe Hitchcock once I'm done reading what I am now. Thanks for the recs user!

No problem dude. I'm glad I could be of any assistance. Shoe Dog is really interesting, I hope you enjoy it.

A bit ,It's pretty lewd

How's the quality of the James Joyce book?

Pretty good, it's kinda annoying to have to lug around the whole thing to read any one of the books, but it was only $10 so

What is it with Dune, Infinite Jest and Ulysses?

It's like that scene in Conspiracy Theory where Mel Gibson has 300 copies of Catcher in the Rye, because he's been brainwashed to buy a copy once a month so the government can track him

If I ever find myself buying those three books I'll have to go seek help or something

They're just popular books, user. Not every thinks they're literal memes.

Congrats buddy!

Well I mean, I'm a 240 lbs mentally ill transsexual otherkin, so not really.

my ever growing precarious stack of books I've started and haven't got around to finishing yet...

Why do you stack them? Why don't you read them? It seems like you care more about what people think you're reading than what is in the books.

Just got this from the store. What do you think?

luna?

Rate my (classics) stack?
How is DK? Good translation?

Forgot image

Goddamnit

You could have taken a photo of French fries for free. How much did the stock image cost you?

Bible stack

well this is sad

I read it when I was in 6th grade and it was okay. It was supposed to be book of the week or something at my high school the year after I left but the principal didn't allow it most likely because of the chapter where the main character basically fingers a girl, but because the book was about censorship, everyone was up in arms about it. The author of the book even made a youtube video about it which you could probably find.

1/2

2/2
I've actually already finished ATTWN but I don't feel like taking a new pic

Schocken is best Kafka publisher tbqh. based on your other purchases i can only assume you bought it by accident

>hating on Robin Williams comedy
I hope you relapse

What's the penguin book to the right of Evola? can't make out the cover

Epictetus: Discourses and Selected Writings, I think

grazie mille famiglia

Never gonna read them :^)

levels of patrician previously unheard of

>selling out Robin Williams just so people don't make fun of you.

Scum.

Opiate withdrawal is one of the most profoundly unpleasant experiences your body can go through. Good luck though, I spent years trying to kick it and ended up going on a suboxone program to ditch it completely. Been clean for nearly 2 years but the feelings still linger.

addict

reading a norton 'greek lyric poetry' right now. that oxford one was right next to it at the library though..

and i'm buying that presocratics soon i think. i already read some of them online though, so i dunno.