Fiction books with heavy religious themes

I feel like reading something that is set during or before the renaissance and has a heavy theme on religion. Preferably christianity or islam.

Any good books that fit this description? Thanks in advance

My upcoming novel famalam

Hilary Mantel's "Wolf Hall"

Read it. It's good.

The Divine comedy
Song of Roland
Canterbury Tales
The Decameron

Honestly, there's not that much fiction with religious themes in that time, but there is a lot of non fiction.

the bible haHAA

After the renaissance but Mexico is such a shithole it doesn't really matter.

/r/athiesm

Typo

>fiction

Bumping for Islam question. 1001 nights I assume? Haven't read it yet.

Agallamh na SeanĂ³rach is one of the crowning jewels of Irish mythology and deals with the meeting of pagan and christian Ireland. It doesn't have explicitly christian allegory or anything but it's based.

I think religion is very romantic, like war, nuclear accidents, India, America and other anthropogenic hazards.

For all of my life I've lived in an atheist country, raised by atheist parents. I still vividly remember the first time I visited a church in Italy. It was unreal. Clearly a thing of fiction, not something that should exist in real life. I still have a hard time handling it.

I bet you play vidya

Huysmans -The Damned

Death and the Dervish- by Mesa Selimovic
if you can find it though....

Wouldn't James Joyce count? Sure, a lot of his are criticisms about Catholicism in Ireland, but he writes more about Catholicism than most Catholic writers.

The Lord of The Rings

>I know little about religion but i went to church once and it made me uncomfortable and therefore religion shouldn't exist
if you put a little less effort into your rhetoric and a little more effort into your understanding then you wouldn't need the rhetoric in the first place

>Bumping for Islam question. 1001 nights I assume? Haven't read it yet.
>>>

>nobody's suggested Name of the Rose yet

The power and the glory, although that is baby high school tier reading

Elie Wiesel

The Bible is p gud

Midnight's Children.
East of Eden.

Huxley's Grey Eminence is towards the end of the era

East of Eden
The Recognitions
Dostoyevski

decameron