How can something so infinitely complex as the universe, the brain, DNA, brain cells...

How can something so infinitely complex as the universe, the brain, DNA, brain cells, the human body formed on their own just like that? How can you tell me that there was nothing and at one point a big boom happened out of nowhere?

Im an agnostic but it just boggles me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lQrCsPrh11M
theguardian.com/science/2012/apr/19/dna-alternative-xnas-science-genetics
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ez op. You're looking at it backwards.
DNA was a response to the atmosphere, which formed as a response to the composition of the planet, which formed as a response to gravitational attraction between dust particles, which formed as a response to the nature of the universe as a whole.

There is a cause/effect pattern, and looking at its products can be confusing for sure. But think on a higher level, op.

That's not to say that something might have formed prior to us and then influenced our development (panspermia, look it up). In fact, I am a firm believer in some form of it. But don't easily dismiss science just because it doesn't make sense at a first glance op, some things don't make intuitive sense until you dissect them.

Thousands of years of evolution, and something like pic-related can make anyone think creation is the answer. It doesn't have to be.

What is the alternative? At some point you always have to assume that something came out of nothing or something just is the way it is.

The things you mentioned formed in almost 14 billions years, that is far longer then any time span you could ever imagine, so of course it's hard to imagine. Plus the universe is really fucking big. Like, really really big. It is even harder to imagine how insanely fucking huge it is than it is to imagine how old it is.

couldn't have formed prior to us*

fuckwit it is not infinitely complex.
DNA is a string of 4 possible integers (nucleobases) with a length of 3.2 billions of these bases.
The universe is only complex if you look at snapshots. In the end there are only few rules everything adheres to.

And you imply that complexity/order can not come from randomness.
eg. snowflakes "none" is ever the same as the other, therefore infinitely complex. But they all are just cristalyzed water folowing the rules of cristalyzation, diffusion...

the whole thing is insanely complex, but none of the other outcomes would have lead to you wondering how it came about

>formed on their own just like that?
What theory or hypothesis are you referring to? I'm not aware of one which claims this.

>How can you tell me that there was nothing and at one point a big boom happened out of nowhere?
What theory or hypothesis are you referring to? I'm not aware of one which claims this.

In the end its a logical problem.
do we know and can we ever know if sb has "constructed" the whole thing.
for me the answer atm is no.
I therefore have accept that there may so be such a someone, but without evidence im wrong to belive that

this is one suggestion I find quite plausible

youtube.com/watch?v=lQrCsPrh11M

ty good one
sad thing is only that noone yet has ben able to demonstrate this stuff under controled conditions (or any)

So, obviously, we default to the Giant Jew on the Cloud.
yay GJC

dump frogposter

Considering how many complex things there are I'd guess it's not really that hard for it to form.

How simple would things have to be for you to not think it's complex?

How can something so infinitely complex

It took nearly 1/4th the age of the universe to go from simple organic compounds to cells with nucleus
It's not like it happened over night

>'just like that ecks dee'

>600+ million years
>snap of the fingers lmao

1.2 trillion days

Is this another second law post?

the universe is naturally entropic, but like everything there are exceptions. life was just one of the many exceptions that have taken place in the universe. if you watched neil degrasse tysons space show, (i forget the name, cosmos?) then you'll see in the grand scheme of things we are but a second on a timeline spanning thousands of years beginning with just the Earths creation. now compare that to the timeline of the entire universe. it's not so hard to believe that at some point in time some atoms coagulated into something which then became a single celled organism.

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand -
when I awake, I am still with you." -Psalm 139:13-18

Really, though, complexity is all relative, isn't it? I mean, you show a lightbulb to primitive man, and they'd shit their pants. You show any strange new thing to a present-dwelling being and it is a marvel. The nanosecond after experiencing something new, however, it's wonder and amusement begins to degrade. To mankind in a couple of millennia from now, when we are an interplanetary species (thanks Elon!), DNA will seem like such a rudimentary concept. Spacetime continuum physics will be taught in middle schools. It's all relative.

Please be baiting

If it wasn't exactly this way, you wouldn't be on a computer asking that question.

I am not a biofag but DNA is weird so yo mean to tell me a chemical compound made of four bases and with very specific arrangements determine my hair color and physical strength? I mean thats just hard to believe to think encoding biology was actually possible through pure chemistry it just hurts my head trying to see WHY this is possible.

If you think thats complex then look at this
theguardian.com/science/2012/apr/19/dna-alternative-xnas-science-genetics

Apparently six base genetic codes are possible meaning true alien life will beyond our understanding of anything to do with biology.

>DNA determining physical strenght
>weakfag detected

DNA is a code for proteins, protein do all the stuff in the body. The mechanisms are basic chemistry, you learn it in high school.

But how do these proteins lead to an ape that can recognize itself in a mirrror? It doesnt make any sense its like magic.

>How can something so infinitely complex as the universe, the brain, DNA, brain cells, the human body formed on their own just like that?

We don't know yet that something came out of nothing. It's a common misconception that the big bang theory implies matter just formed out of nowhere and exploded.

>What is the alternative?

Again, we don't know. There's hypotheses for what happened before big bang that are unproven, but big bang theory is just taking the observation that all galaxies are moving away from a single point, and that if you would reverse the flow of time then you would find that all galaxies were once compressed in a single point. Then all the other parts of big bang theory build on that, such as what the laws of physics would be like if there was such strong repulsion and high density of energy. From that we simulate that most likely the expansion just after the big bang was much faster than the expansion we experience now. Etc, etc.

"Something came out of nothing" is just a poor counter-argument from big-bang deniers, it's a poor argument but because they say it convincingly and as if they read the papers on the big bang, people like OP believe that the studies claimed that the matter just appeared out of nowhere.