STOP Feeding Trolls

If you want this board to not be shit, stop bumping brain dead threads.

If you want actual discussions and not memes, stop encouraging shit OPs

Learn to recognize a troll and stop feeding them or every thread will be reddit tumblr tier garbage because they know it it gets a rise out of you.

Block troll posts, don't bump their shit threads. Just stop.

There are people who only come here for those very threads.

See any thread involving women, the /r9k/ posters go mental. They're infinitely more popular than boring literature discussions.
Like tumblr, Veeky Forums lives and breathes identity politics and it's most obvious with the /pol9k/ losers.

Or Inadvertent trolls.

We should consider adding this to the sticky

Hmm.. Where do you think you are?

>didn't circle the Steven King template thread
>didn't circle the "pad out my goodread profile"

On topic shit threads are better than crossboarding from third world boards.

No. All of them are equally shit.

Only the calendar can stop summer, son.

Bump

We have been through this multiple times OP. Veeky Forums has always been shitposting and shitty memes and it always will be. Instead of trying to improve the quality of the place, either appreciate for what it is, or just move to a better place.

The coffee thread is good. You're forgetting that coffee and literature have a long history of overlapping commentary.
Most of the troll in it is it'll catch people butthurt you could say anything about women or men who have never read Baudelaire or Kant. It doesn't stop it being a good piece of writing just because idiots on Veeky Forums get butthurt for /pol/r9k/reddit reasons, it just means Veeky Forums has a higher population of non-readers.

This thread is retarded though; you would have been better off giving us the standard "you seem to not know how to Veeky Forums" OP where one explains why and how to sage instead of trying to limit the topics that literature can be made around. If you do the latter, then it shows you haven't read shit about coffee, which means you haven't read major chunks of literature or philosophy or history.

dont tell me what to do you fucking faggot

i really wish this board was just threads about books and authors
that's all i'm here for

On topic tinder threads will always be appropriate. Where do you think you are?

There was that glorious short period just after his was made where asides from being asking or arguing about the new rules every thread was about literature. Then all the people who had their topics banished learned that his is much faster and their shitty threads would disappear quickly so they came back to shit up this board. I wish the philosophy threads never came back.

Sometimes it's like nobody uses the hide feature. I almost forgot that the Mimi app has it now, which is purrdy noice.

At least the christfags calmed down a bit.

Interestingly though, some of the troll threads turn into actual, good threads.

Quora is a good resource! :)

this, they're not quality threads but they're also obviously not trolls. The tony hawk pic is off irrelevant to the thread.
shit threads=/=trolls

it's gotten way worse, coming from /b/ this board has been one of the easiest to troll and it seems people are catching on. It's a PSA because people don't seem to realize that if you ignore trolls they move on.