newtonproject.sussex.ac.uk/view/texts/normalized/THEM00092
sicyon.com/resources/library/pdf/keislercalc1.pdf
math.wisc.edu/~keisler/calc.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cool!

thanks for this

religious? WTF

Isaac Newton wrote religious shit?

I bet you didn't even know he was an MP.

MP?

thanks user

Same person.

Member of Parliament.

back then, everyone wrote religious shit if for no other reason than to have something to show the church to prove that you're not the devil.

newton was also a lifelong virgin.

fuck off

thissssssssss

Yes, he predicted when the end of the world would occur based on Biblical information.

>back then, everyone wrote religious shit if for no other reason than to have something to show the church to prove that you're not the devil.
Trolling or are people really this uneducated?

Enlighten me then genius

Back then people studied math and science to understand God's creation better.

well at least he made the best of the shitty age he was born in

really makes you think etc

>shitty age he was born in

What are you talking about?

more poverty
more inequality
bad hygiene overall
if you got sick you were usually fucked
justice system messed up

yeah no

>As finite lines added in an infinite number to finite lines, make an infinite line: so points added twixt points infinitely, are equivalent to a finite line.
newtonproject.sussex.ac.uk/view/texts/normalized/THEM00092

Was Newton a brainlet?

this is genius, its amazing how ahead of his time this guy was

It seems he means that an infinite number of points *can* make a finite line segment. Obviously they can also make an infinite line.

Wasn't Robert Hooke the one to come up with the idea that gravity is a inverse square law and not Newton?

he was most likely thinking about countably infinite, no?

in fact, the standard argument against this would be, do this with a circle, then draw line through every point that you made the circle with and make radius bigger.

there should now be gaps between the points in the bigger circle, so they were already there in the smaller circle and thus it was impossible after all

>he was most likely thinking about countably infinite, no?

It doesn't matter...in that case then you would consider the length of the greatest interval containing them, so what I said is still true.

Interesting point about the circle, though I don't see how it relates to this example.

>greatest

*smallest, that is

sicyon.com/resources/library/pdf/keislercalc1.pdf

I posted a link above to a free calculus textbook. This textbook is unique because it uses Leibniz's way of teaching calculus using infinitesimals as opposed to Newton's way of using limits (which is the most common way it is taught in school these days).

Also you can download the textbook for free here for all the math wizards who might be interested in this kinda thing.

math.wisc.edu/~keisler/calc.html

Is there any where he rambles about women /r9k/ style?