Professor doesn't provide practice exams

>professor doesn't provide practice exams

>He puts equation up but doesn't show how he obtained it.
I swear to god these lazy bastards should go baby sit their grand sons.

>professor's notations are different than the ones in the book required for the class

>comments on Veeky Forums about how intellectual he is

>student wants to "practice" for the exam instead of learning the goddamn material

>student expects you to hold their hand throughout higher education

>the challenge of the test should be a result of being unfamiliar with the structure of the exam rather than the course material

>structure of the exam

wtf kinds of exams are you taking?

If that's the case then they could just give you a sample test full of completely nonsensical questions unrelated to the course. But you don't want that, you want to be told what will be on the test so you don't actually have to learn all the material covered.

>professor uses "Big D" notation
>professor uses own notation that he "invented"

Practice exams are good if done right and not used as a review sheet. Set a timer for the amount of time you have for the exam in class and don't use notes, and it will show where your weaknesses are and what you need to focus on.

>practice exams are nothing like the actual exams
Every. Fucking. Time.

i thought op was stupid, but then i also remembered that in undiegrad linear algebra, the professor used an exam from a different textbook. lots of change in terminology like nonsingular as opposed to invertible, etc. it was a first LA course, and it's not really right to switch around all the terminology on the exam when kids haven't been exposed to much yet. you could figure out some stuff from context, but that shouldn't be part of an exam.

When you're learning a lot of shit it's handy to know how 'deep' the questions will go.

Secretion systems in cells for example, do I need to know the general function of the Type III seretion system, the proteins it consists of, the function of those proteins or even the name of the god damn proteins.

>professor provides the last 4 year's exams, 40 problems a week all worked out on video with commentary, practice quizzes, and wrote his own textbook to save you money

>wrote his own text book
>to save you money
How is making money off a person saving them money?

It's free in pdf form :^)

>not spending the money for a physical copy
pleb detected

>wasting money on physical textbooks instead of tendies

This was my Electromagnetism lecturer
>mfw people still failed

This is my professor but our text book is really good at explaining everything so it's never really an issue. I am only in Calc I though. Pls don't bully.

>20% of the test is a proof that he went over lightly 3 weeks ago

>there is only 2 problems on the test
>you aren't confident about one of them
>if you miss one, you fail the test

>30% of the exam is material the professor presented from february to may and everybody in the group was familiar with
>70% is material from may to june that nobody studied thoroughly because of lack of time at the end of semester
it's a shit tier university with mostly brainlet students and a relatively smart person could pass it easily, but still, it wasn't fun for me

>professor solves half the problem which we already know how to do
>run out of time and doesnt solve the rest and tells us its easy
>ran out of time because he spent the first 15 minutes talking about what he read in a journal

>professor says he doesn't care about us doing correct math, he wants to see if we learnt the material and we can explain the reasoning
>he does the opposite
Why can't they be honest?

>material is easy
>prof decides he doesn't want to give an easy exam, makes exam hard by wording every question in the most confusing way possible

>exam on Thursday
>covers material taught in the Wednesday class

What major? If it's Chemistry, I understand because the practice exams help a lot. If it's Calculus I'd say you aren't cut out because the lectures and doing all of the textbook problems right is usually enough. And usually there are more than enough practice exams for any undergrad STEM class on-line.