Alice Munro vs. BEE

who's side are we on? is alice munro overrated?

Read her fucking books and find out.

Munro is brilliant.

BEE created 'dubs man', so he's popular on Veeky Forums

why do you think shes brilliant

I liked Norm before it was a meme to like Norm, and BEE is a worthless passive aggressive whiny bitch, but Norm was weird here. Is he fucking Munro or something?

Settle down Norm. He was just asking.

i feel the same exact way but i like that BEE is so outspoken about who he likes/dislikes. very refreshing to see in an industry where everyone bites their tongues because of the politics of show business

Because I enjoy her writing. You should give it a go. Then we can have a nice discussion on whether or not she's overrated.

alright will do. but judging by her face/gender and the covers of her books it looks like im getting myself into insurmountable pile of shit

Anyone who unironically uses a twitter account is a fucking imbecile.

why

>judging by her face/gender

kys

checkem

Twitter is the ultimate modern form of the river of Narcissus. Nothing enlightening has ever come from Twitter. It's purely a game for people who like hearing themselves talk, a game based on rallying as much followers as possible for pointless drama wars and asinine hyperbole. Not to mention the immense fucking ignorance one can throw from a fucking pedestal. When it's not being used as such it's a tool for reaffirming your own fucking ego and your own pointless random life happenings. It's also a tool to pedal absolute dogshit and turn every day people into corporate cumguzzlers who don't mind hashtagging a corporate slogan or product.

impressive

this is like saying all of tumblr is fat hairy ugly sjws spouting their marxist ideology

>tumblr
>marxist

kek

Haven't read Munro but I hate BEE and love Norm so #I'mWithHer

>before it was a meme to like Norm
Are we talking saturday night live or like, toronto comedy shows.

Not it isn't. I never said twitter only has very specific types of people.

Tumblr attracts girls who are ultimately vain, but Tumblr also has lots of interesting pages too.

Twitter is a massively more popular medium and was specifically designed to appeal to everybody's social narcissism and or need for have their useless opinions and hyperbole to be heard on any specific subject. Tumblr is just a meme blogging website.

>lots of interesting pages too.
like fat girls cramming shampoo bottles in their twats

I like American Psycho and Glamorama, so I'm with BEE. I find Munro uninteresting.

>an SNL comedian

mcluhan pls go

a little pathetic, but some are funny

Don't hate on Norm

Just kill yourself already

>tfw Canadian and still haven't read Munro

where do I start bros?

>before it was a meme to like Norm
>before it was cool to like Norm

quit being a bitch

liking Norm in 2003
>Hey ever heard of Norm Macdonald you might like him

liking Norm in 2016
>Norm MacDonald is the best ;) He's my spirit animal hehe. He's like an ANTI-comedian :P Did you ever see him on the Roast? OMG no one got it. Only I got it :$ He's like a new Andy Kaufman, his dry delivery and meta-anti-comedy is for true comedy connoisseurs like me, its an acquired taste ;)

She's pretty even. You can't go too wrong.

>the talentless hack's talentless hack

lmao I love Norm

Why are you mad at Norm for getting more attention and money as a result of it?

also

I'm on Norm's side. BEE was BTFO by DFW years ago and he never recovered. With each year he becomes a greater non-entity.

>non-entity
Would you also say that he means nothing to you?

I don't know if I'd go that far.

and Munro becomes more unique, and DFW gets more dead

Notice that DFW can't think, can't write but BEE can't write, can't read.

not at large sadly but the communism side is pretty fun desu. one of the most hilarious things I've seen is complaining how theory/'academese' is classist because plebs don't understand it immediately.

why do left-wing writers do this all the time headlines with "eviscerates" destroys" "demolish" ETC when some famous person says something about somen they don't like.

It's almost never

"X comments about Y"
or
"read what Y said about Y"

BASED NORM

where to start with Alice Munro, so I can be on Norm's team?(a-and impress girls)

Lefties have pent up resentment and fantasize about carrying out violence towards their "oppressors".

They're misunderstanding an argument that Chomsky often puts forward. People often use language to exclude other groups, and maybe in some circles and to some degree there's some truth but I have no doubt tumblr will be all like "it's hard therefore I'm oppressed"

>BEE was BTFO by DFW years ago
he's still alive though

But soulless.

>unironically reading short stories

have you listened to his podcasts? there's still a bit of rage in him

They're both overrated but BEE's a histrionic queen who stirs up pointless drama like this in a futile attempt to stay relevant so he's worse.

I've seen plenty of conservative clickbait sites that do the same thing.

so you're saying that if a public figure has an unfavorable opinion on another public figure they should keep it to themselves because sharing it = attempt to stay relevant?

>the talentless hack's talentless hack

Has there ever been a more savage literary burn?

That's the thing. His opinions are the only things keeping him a "public figure". If he wrote a book and put snide remarks about others into it he'd at least still be doing this as an author. As it stands he's just another dickhead online with an opinion, and that's fucking everyone.

Non answer + shilling. Wow, I'm convinced

The right do the same but their media is small and puny so you don't see it

I can easily point to Fox news and how their antics parallel what you are saying but you know, it is Fox news

Journalism has always been a job for gossip-mongering tools who sensationalize everything. It only came to be taken seriously because people are retarded enough to be influenced by it and because it built up its own entirely fraudulent image as the profession of hard-nosed tenacious investigative reporters fighting the good fight (tm).

idk i'd be interested in what joyce and other writers have to say about their contemporaries even years after their prime

i've never read munro and i think bee is shit but i'm on his side because i'm an asshole who likes when people stir the pot.

surprised BEE isnt a bigger meme on here desu

He comes up every so often when he does something particularly stupid. My favourite was the "American psycho 2" drunk/high tweets especially since Tao Lin kept desperately messaging him with ideas every couple of minutes.

i like that he doesnt delete them

This guy and his coke kek. I swear to God in every novel.

Holy shit