This book is a year old already

This book is a year old already.
Have you read it and what are your thoughts?

Ugly people who think they are good looking enough to appear on the cover of a book are despicable.

Authors who put themselves on the cover of their book cover.

Inb4 I don't care that it's a memoir

>think i"m well-versed in the internets
>never heard of her except during the time that book was launched
>google her again to try if I remember her
>'From online entertainment mogul, actress, and “queen of the geeks” '
>what's an online entrepreneur
>check out goodreads
>number one review is from sperglord par excellence, rothfuss, my usual rothfuss-goodreads Fremdscham triggers
>reminded again that 'geekdom' has been appropriated by american capitalism to sell their crap
>reminded again that in all likelihood the internet was a mistake

I forgot who this is and I'm alright with that.

It's not AWFUL, but she gets so far up her own ass with the GIRL POWER shit that it just gets unbearable

No. None.

The fact that I haven't heard of her in a year makes me happy

Back then I would tell myself that her pathetic fifteen minutes was almost over, and maybe it came true

She looks like a Camel

I bought it, read bits of it. Regardless of how she's just trying to make money, the book is pretty damn entertaining.

She's a Los Angeles actress with relatively little success. Of course she's going to be on the cover.

I can't believe you spent money on her book.
It's really not that entertaining and she's not as funny as she likes to think she is.
The whole book is her massaging her ego and making sure her readers know she has a 4.0

>she has a 4.0
what's that?

I don't see the point of these books. A life I would like to read about must have something interesting in it, and young people hardly have life experiences to tell, so it will naturally end up in many pages of massaging her ego.

There are others autobiographies of this kind, like Lindsey Stirling or Justin Bieber, or the soon-to-come Dawkin's 3-volume memoir.

Making the internet public was a terrible idea, now I have to read this asshole's greenrexts because of it

4.0 is referring to a straight A (or nearly so) gpa. It's like a really good first class honours.

she looks the jewish camel roastie version of smug pepe desu

still haven't forgiven her for the shitty dragon age content she made.

>jewish camel roastie
Kill your darlings, purple user

So it's just a monument to the narcissism of a Gen-X nothing?

We live in scary times

>lumping in Dawkins with this woman and Bieber
Only read Appetite for Wonder, but there's some damn comfy birdwatching sections in the middle.

She looks Irish to me. Has that fetal alcohol syndrome upper lip thing going on, and that little turnup nose. Bitch looks as far from kike as you can get

>authors name is written with a larger font than the title of the book
>picture of the author on the cover

D r o p p e d. Why do so many american books do this? and who the fuck is felicia day?

Some day I will write an autobiography: son of the god Apollo, unsuccessful literary critic, circus handstand performer, perfect SAT score, useless biochemistry degree, Gene Wolfe's catamite, dismissed from teaching college for being really really ridiculously good looking. My book will sell three copies when it is on sale at amazon, and will feature a Tinglesque cover of my own ripped abdominals. Also, how I crushed girl power when I walked into the room.

God forbid you actually buy a book.

If I want to read something, I purchase it or check it out from the library. That's it.

You guys are bitching about a decline in writing, and about a narcissistic gen X-er, but thieving millennials are a large part of the reason why the publishing industry is getting flushed down the shitter, along with talented authors.

Nah. You're pretty stupid. The fact you not only bought, but, were entertained, by this dogshit is proof enough. You didn't need to demonstrate how dumb you were any further.

I'm not the guy from above, and I haven't read this book at all. I came to this thread just to see what my fellow Veeky Forumsizens thought about a book, and I get nothing but children like you, bitching and moaning about a problem that YOU are perpetuating.

Seriously, you start by attacking a guy for buying a book. What the fuck has happened to Veeky Forums?

It's for dummy dumb-dumbs to quickly recognize a famous ("famous") face or name.
The same with putting movie posters on book covers

ooh fucking joe camel over here

Get outta here, Wil

i will buy a copy. mirin your gains

“It’s hard to keep up with Felicia Day. She’s an actress, a gamer, a screenwriter, a songwriter, a producer, a director, a webmaster, a costumer, and queen of the geek girls. It’s hard to imagine where such a prodigy could have come from."

first few sentences in the epub. this is hardcore