How do you keep your mind from wondering while you're reading?

How do you keep your mind from wondering while you're reading?

adderall

A slap to my face, hot vodka, sugar or caffeine, washing my face

xanax

I dont force myself to read things i am uninterested in.

Isn't challenging yourself a good thing, though?

how to get some
i'm not fucked up enough to get it prescribed and i can't be bothered pretending i am like everyone else

I subject matter =/= difficulty. I am not in college anymore, and dont feel compelled to read something because I am supposed too. There are so many books, so little time, why waste it on ones you arent getting anything out of?

I just started this yesterday and have to say I hated the first chapter but went on with it and absolutely loved the second one so i'm pretty hyped right now.

What I hate about Pynchon is how he keeps displeasing me in one chapter and then is great in the next one and back again... kinda unnerving but I guess it's where the fun relies

Answering your question; don't read a lot in one sitting. Make your way through teh chapter slowly and then maybe read some interpretations if you feel like it. What I do is go back to read my favorite parts and sometimes I catch things I hadn't noticed before that tie everything together.

My five cents

Isn't wonder part of the point of literature?

this makes my mind race a million miles an hour while reading

its not hard to find a quack. i went to a guy who sees one patient a minute, and you just go in and say xanax and he writes a rx. look at zocdoc reviews and it becomes obvious which doctors are like this.

CBD oil. Hemp shit is calming af.

Rocking back and forth or some other type of stimulation helps keep focus. I find that reading can be more of a meditative experience if you do let your mind wander.

Are rc stimulants like fluoroamphetamines or beta-ketones worth trying?

My mom made me read everyday from a young age so I don't really get bored or see it as a chore. It's more just something I do.

My problem with cannabis/hemp shit is that then I can't comprehend shit even though i'm relaxed af

i do not slap my face, i do not drink hot vodka

but caffeine, sugar and washing my face really helps

what's your ratio of books started to books finished?

By reading interesting works. If my mind keeps wandering, it's simply not worth reading.

When you notice there are other things on your mind its best to just take a break and resume later. No point in reading if you dont retain any of it..