"To be ruled by a woman is the greatest outrage for a man" - Democritus

>"To be ruled by a woman is the greatest outrage for a man" - Democritus

ugh. guess i'm skipping these mysogynist greeks...

Other urls found in this thread:

sacred-texts.com/cla/app/app63.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When does this quote appear? I've read his fragments and i don't remember that.

>Charmides, the fire of my loins - Plato

Ugh. Guess I'm skipping these paedophilic homosexuals.

Fragment 111

sacred-texts.com/cla/app/app63.htm

>Seeing the child of a courtesan throw stones at a crowd, he cried out, "Take care you don't hit your father."

Ugh.

It is actually pretty funny watching hipster SJWs try to read things. I work with a few of them and we sometimes talk about books, usually shit they were forced to read for college classes, and it's hard to describe how they approach the stuff.

It's like everything in existence is a flat 2D grid, and the grid only spikes up where something Tumblrproblematic has happened. They pass right over some deep philosophical shit or a dozen beautiful allegories, with the same level of interest as when they read Socrates saying "Hey man. Let's chat." at the beginning of the dialogue, but then when Glaucon says "You're being a bit womanish, Socrates" they flip the fuck out

ebin

nice

Fucking told.

mild_kek

Rulership is not what it once was. Where being a ruler necessitated recognised authority, inspiration, and primacy it is now a career decision, requiring some relevant experience in management and leadership - ideally a degree holder - and some influence/money. Importantly, you are not required to lead anyone to anything - all you need do is placate your critics (if you confront them at all), and maintain a persona while party politics play out.

Would you have wanted your mother to lead the tribe, entrusted her to give sound guidance in all circumstances, stood by her final judgement on all accounts, carried out her will at her command, and followed her finally as she led the charge? Could she have done it? There is a very vast chasm between ruler and parliamentarian.

Also, don't project your morals onto the past, you ahistorical pleb.

I suppose they're trying to prove themselves better people than those in the canon, it's nice to fight the dead.

>at wedding
>sci fi book discussion starts at table
>everyone name dropping typical stuff like dune and enders game
>I mention Lucifer's Hammer
>table goes quiet
>old couple at the table says "what...i dont get it"
>Bitch across the table says "Its about a post apocalyptic race war where blacks are evil"
>awkward silence and brisk topic change

Ahh i remember now.

Bit different from OP, which is why i couldn't place it

>Some men are masters of cities, but are enslaved to women.

Interesting, that site has that version as part of a separate fragment (214).

I once unintentionally ended a relationship by paraphrasing Machiavelli.

>Also, don't project your morals onto the past, you ahistorical pleb.
I'm aware how silly this is, but hasn't literally every age done this

To be ruled by anyone is the greatest outrage for a man
Fixed

How can I learn to see women as the horrible beings they are, as all of the great philosophers did? I am tired of being a slave to pussy.

fuck off anarchist

What did you say?

Spook'd

>t. chandala

i love this man