Veeky Forums irl

>Veeky Forums irl

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=szIGZVrSAyc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want to sit on that nice bald head

>camus

lol pseud

He says he is going to read Elif Shafak's books who he was in conversation with at the Dalkey book festival. I only went for the economics stuff but I missed his talk as I could only travel down after it.

So Veeky Forums, which modern leftist would you fug?

>Greece
>winter

CV:
Developed Hat based economy for Valve
Greek Finance Minister

Wow I thought you were joking
that's really odd
Owen Jones desu

I'd have laurie penny lick margarine from my supple rim.

Summer always depresses me. I fucking love spring, I love spring so much that I start getting excited in like february for spring and then Im so happy and energetic until like late June and then when July starts it feels like the Fall is already looming and i spend the summer being morose and then autumn sends me off the deep end into depression and I have to wait for february again

Literally all the positive experiences i've had in the past 6 years have been in february through june. I cant enjoy anything else, even if it should feel good

Reminder that Varoufakis was absolutely right about every step of the Greek crisis, and Tsipras should have listened to him to the bitter end instead of rolling over for Germany like a faggot.

Myself desu

Perhaps, the naivety with which he clings on to muh democracy still annoys me though.

Yeah people born under violent dictatorships tend to be fond of the only thing that even slightly keeps the ruling classes in check.

Zizek

I don't understand why he still believes it's possible to reform the EU though

His thesis on game theory is straight out of Thucydides. I'd provide a link if I could find it anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=szIGZVrSAyc

He probably realizes that the EU has to be reformed for the good of Europe, particularly in the aftermath of Brexit. At this point, with all the stresses on it, any breakup would be extremely messy, and the possibility of war between the nations of Europe would be very high. The memory of the world wars is still pretty potent over there, so I think even hardcore EU skeptics would rather see it fixed instead of shattered.

>and the possibility of war between the nations of Europe would be very high
With the exception of maybe something to do with Russia I really can't see this, apart from an isolated local war somewhere

>europe ever going to war again
I seriously doubt it, where are the men who would fight for literally any purpose? They don't exist. In France they already didn't exist 70 years ago, the european states today are way further down that road than France was then.

What do you mean? France had about 2 million fighting men during the Battle of France

>In France they already didn't exist 70 years ago
>anglo historians not knowing about the resistance and the historical background of the Holy Roman Empire

>la resistance
Biggest meme of all time, they let the Germans walk all over them

also by this I mean Western Europe if that wasn't obvious. Everything east of Germany is a different story

>the possibility of war between the nations of Europe would be very high
no way
worst case scenario there will be civil war (nationalists v reluctant government troops), but more likely smaller instances of civil unrest

>where are the men who would fight for literally any purpose?

I certainly wouldn't. The society we live in isn't worth saving anyway.