So what did this guy actually get wrong

without reverting to "USSR killed millions"

what did this guy actually get wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

techcrunch.com/2016/03/15/google-ai-beats-go-world-champion-again-to-complete-historic-4-1-series-victory/
youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I feel like you wanted to post a picture of Karl Marx, but accidently posted a picture of Chess Grandmaster Magnus Carlsen

that chess is about theory and not about talent. i'm not surprised that someone with autism would think that.

Look on sci. Because that's what he did

not even slightly funny and overtly retarded response typical of il/lit/erates

fuck you, cunt. fischer random or bust.

Are chess books Veeky Forums? What are some good chess books?

No, it's the truth. I have a friend who is on track to become a grandmaster in a few years and I played probably 200+ games against him in the space of a month after never playing chess for probably a decade. The sad truth is that chess is all about memorizing maneuvers and strategies that someone else pioneered.

Tal's "The Life and Games of Mikhail Tal" is probably the best written chess collection/memoir.

For instruction, Nimzovitsch's "My System" is probably the most famous in terms of writing style.

chess is for autistic robots but i like how that lad looks like a caveman while he's doing it

He's got some strong neanderthal lineage, I bet.

>he was born norwegian
>he publicly expressed support for using the kirsan knock out system to decide the wc
>he grew up to be a rather annoying young man, lacking both the niceness of anand and the heavy bantz of russian born players
>he modeled despite being ugly
>he was born norwegian

this nigga knows what's up

Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess

Good if you're a visual learner who wants to cram 60 Fischer games

Chess for tigers is excellent middlebrow chesslit.

You're confusing two different books.

You're right

We are truly in a bricolage age of chess. However that means there's more room for Tony Miles style players to step in and fuck shit up.

I thought it was hilarious 2bh. I have never heard a more autistic response to "are you autistic?" than from Magnus Carlsun (that's hyperbole for any neuro-atypicals out there).

>Nimzovitsch's "My System" is probably the most famous in terms of writing style.
The problem with My System is just that Hypermodernism is one very small piece of a well rounded chess player puzzle. Imo you're better off starting with a classical text.

>>he modeled despite being ugly
I don't know if I would say he's ugly. He probably gets more pussy than you, although maybe that's not a fair comparison. I would say he looks very masculine, in a bit of a lumberjack sort of way. I'm a guy and I don't go for that, but I know a lot of women do.

Even Go is about theory and its actually beautiful and not an overrated kludge. Things don't need to be ineffable to have aesthetic value.

he looks pretty much like Jesse Plemons.

>Bricolage age of Chess
>computers consistently win and book-moves dominate the opening

Just give up on your darkages fairytale game and start playing something with the organic immanence of Go.

Who wears a jacket and shirt with logos on them? I don't care who's sponsoring you, that's tacky as hell.

If go is so beautiful why is there no go equivalent of endgame studies?
>computers consistently win
user, I habe some bad news...

it's meta-capitalism

>response to "are you autistic?"
Link?

>Go
Go fuck yourself. Go fucked itself.

In an interview with Nettavisen they asked him if he had an autism spectrum disorder and his answer was "isn't it obvious?"

5 years later in another interview he clarified that he meant "obviously not".

>computers consistently win
Can't win if you don't play them. Bricolage is book moves btw.

It's good that he clarified that. Now we know what he actually thinks.

Holy shit.

Or do we? Is he a secret Poker player trying to bluff us?

>tart playing something with the organic immanence of Go.

techcrunch.com/2016/03/15/google-ai-beats-go-world-champion-again-to-complete-historic-4-1-series-victory/

humans BTFO

Yes but its not a blowout with 80s technology. I think computers will probably supersede us in every conceivable way at some point.

I fucking doubt it. Unless you use the term "computer" pretty loosely.

Human brains are way better than anything artificial. They're just also way more concerned with being human.

because in Go the endgame is not predictable dipshit. But there are heuristics about how to determine the order of the endgame moves based on their thermography.

Special purpose hardware has usually lost out in the ned.

>I think computers will probably supersede us in every conceivable way at some point.
>because a massive room of expensive computers just about managed to beat someone at a fun game

*the end

youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

we're gonna get btfo in general

>CGPGrey

you sound like a sceptical cunt from the 1960s

no bully he's on the upper end of reddit tier youtube channels

You are not wrong.

Still waiting on that flying car and robot butler bro