Hard mode: it's not Anne Frank's diary

Blood Meridian

Why is it Blood Meridian?

life of pi

candide

the fault in our stars

Lolita

LOW KEY

I'm curious too: what is an overhyped piece of garbage that hipsters love and everyone else agrees is boo boo?

Ghost Writer by Philip Roth.

That might be Ya fucking contrarian

This exact question has been asked here repeatedly. The answer is Infinite Jest by David Walrus

people genuinely love that album. It is incredibly meaningful to a large number of people, they're not using it as some kind of taste-signalling, it isn't even cool to like it.

People are genuinely stupid and their love of a shit record does not excuse their stupidity

kys faggot ITAOTS is l i t e r a l l y one of the greatest albums of all time.

Infinite Jest

ITAOTS was like the opposite of TMR, it became worse the more I listened.

this

You need to go back.

Much like Titus andronicus and the monitor?

Infinite Jest is Veeky Forums's ITAOTS, just like /co/'s Watchmen, /h/'s Kureinu and /vr/'s DOOM.
There are more boards parallels to ITAOTS, but i'm not autistic enough as to list them all.

/tv/ - The Dark Knight Rises
/pol/ - Mein Kampf (>implying they read)
/r9k/ - My Twisted World
Veeky Forums - The Ego and Its Own

Weird, i think it's great to this day, same with TMR, neither really grew on me, though.
Always thought that TMR was a little bit too long for its own good.

No, you're wrong. The album does a lot given how simple it is. It has a very unique sound that you won't really find anywhere else. It'll never compare to something like Soundtracks for the Blind but that doesn't mean it's bad. It's easily an 8/10 due to uniqueness and creativeness.

Let me guess user, your favourite activity is sipping second-cheapest wine with some Liszt or Rachmaninoff in the background. Stay there you cuck.