Can we have a /quote/ thread? Particularly ones that pertain to your specific situation in life

Can we have a /quote/ thread? Particularly ones that pertain to your specific situation in life.

>"Some men storm imaginary Alps all their lives, and die in the foothills cursing difficulties which do not exist." - E. W. Howe

"stop being a pussy and get some work done" - My Dad, this morning

Your dad sounds like a cunt, don't post anymore of his 'wisdom'.

"He came to me with money in his hand, he offered me, I didn't ask him.!I wasn't knocking someone's door down, I was running from that. When I got out, I was in that, I was already through that, I had that. I had the studio. I went to the studio, I went to Fox studios, I had it all, and I looked at it and said, "This is a bigger jail than I just got out of." I don't want to take my time going to work! I got a motorcycle and a sleeping bag! And ten, fifteen girls, what the hell I wanna go off into -- and go to work for? Work for what, money? I got all the money in the world! I'm the king, man! I run the underworld, guy! I decide who does what and where they do it at! What am I gonna run around and act like I'm some teenybopper somewhere, for someone else's money? I make the money, man. I roll the nickels. The game is mine. I deal the cards."

I know I'm gonna get got, but I'm gonna get mine more than I get got though.

I'm so happy because today I found my friends - they're in my head.

We are afraid of the enormity of the possible.

- E. Cioran

His dad sounds like a present father-figure that is giving it to him straight.

Just because some of our dads didnt diddle us and tell us we are pretty little girls like your dad did doesnt mean he was a cunt.

"I am not a starfish or a pepper tree. I am a living, breathing human being. Of course I've been in love." -Haruki Murakami

"I have all the defects of other people and yet everything they do seems to me inconceivable."
"We cannot consent to be judged by someone who has suffered less than ourselves. And since each of us regards himself as an unrecognized Job..."
"We must beware of whatever insights we have into ourselves. Our self-knowledge annoys and paralyzes our daimon-this is where we should look for the reason Socrates wrote nothing."
"Kill yourself because of what you are, yes, but not because all humanity would spit in your face!"
"Torn between violence and disillusionment, I seem to myself a terrorist who, going out in the street to perpetrate some outrage, stops on the way to consult Ecclesiastes of Epictetus."
"Everyone has had, at a given moment, an extraordinary experience which will be for him, because of the memory of it he preserves, the crucial obstacle to his inner metamorphosis."
- Cioran

“The more consciousness there is in such a sufferer who in despair wills to be himself, the more his despair intensifies and becomes demonic. It usually originates as follows. A self that in despair wills to be itself is pained in some distress or other that does not allow itself to be taken away from or separated from his concrete self. So now he makes precisely this torment the object of all his passion, and finally it becomes a demonic rage. By now, even if God in heaven and all the angels offered to help him out of it- no, he does not want that, now it is too late. Once he would gladly have given everything to be rid of this agony, but he was kept waiting; now it is too late, now he would rather rage against everything and be the wronged victim of the whole world and of all life, and it is of particular significance to him to make sure that he has his torment on hand and that no one takes it away from him- for then he would not be able to demonstrate and prove to himself that he is right. This eventually becomes such a fixation that for an extremely strange reason he is afraid of eternity, afraid that it will separate him from his, demonically understood, infinite superiority over other men, his justification, demonically understood, for being what he is.”
- Kierkegaard

"When a woman has scholarly inclinations there is usually something wrong with her sexually. Sterility itself disposes one toward a certain masculinity of taste; for man is, if I may say so, “the sterile animal.” "
- Nietzsche

>"Kill yourself because of what you are, yes, but not because all humanity would spit in your face!"
This is a good one

It operates under the false assumption that action is ultimately better than inaction. It also refuses to accept the fact that no matter what one does, one will have regrets. You would have to be really deluded, dumb or unimaginative to accept it.

I forgot that this site worships dads though, remember that your dad is a selfish cunt who burdened you with existence because he 'felt like having a kid'. Don't pretend you enjoy your existence, nobody does.

>...for man is the sterile animal

nice projection, man with the absurd moustache.

The world is a stage we never auditioned for

>le antinatalism meme
/reddit9k/

gay as fuck

that's awful

killing time slowly whilst time slowly kills us

>In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

lol

"Fuck weak: no respect. No chance: wick wick, cease and desist when I chant."

best ones in this thread

Feelin' downtrodden, fresh kid turned rotten I can't believe how naive that I've gotten Over the years seems like I'm gettin' dumber Reminiscing to a time when I was younger with a hunger Full of dreams, determination, self-esteem But now it seems they hesitate to be on my team You know the routine, when you winnin' they're grinnin' All up in your face, like they was wit' you from the beginnin' But on the flipside, when you're washed up like a riptide Fools clown 'bout how you slipped and let shit slide Beside the fact, my voice is wack Clowns is runnin' 'round, talkin' 'bout I smoke crackAin't got no homies that got my backYeah I'm a brother, but sometimes I don't feel black My girl is white, my game ain't tight Niggas who ain't seen me in a while be like "Dude, you aight?"

Im far from hard, emotionally scared, on pico bulevard i was regarded as retard. I make myself sick, get on my own nerves, imature, insecure, grown up nerd. A has been MC, on a label thats unstable, chopping blingy on the table.

"The liar's punishment is, not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else."
- George Bernard Shaw

>big
>fat
>fellows

I wish my dad diddled me t b h

"Hearing his last answer I glanced over at Hippothales and almost made the mistake of saying: "This is how you should talk with your boyfriends, Hippothales, cutting them down to size and putting them in their place, instead of swelling them up and spoiling them, as you do."."
-Socrates, Lysis 210e - 211.

>History is not the soil in which happiness grows. The periods of happiness in it are the blank pages of history.

Hegel

quick little merry cracks

Anyone read this book?
The page count is a bit intimidating but I have a lot of free time.
I'm reading this because I've heard leftists hate it, so I figure I'll enjoy it and get something meaningful out of it

"dude ANTEATERS lmao"- tom pinchon

profound

I feel this should be true, but then again, how would we know?

>because I've heard leftists hate it
Or perhaps it's hated because it's shit? There is sixty pages long monologue in there for fucks' sake.

meh, self- deprecation and rap are a terrible mix. shame such talent was wasted on "woe is me" when he went solo, but we'll always have Labcabin.

Hegel lived after the renaissance so I have no fucking idea what he's smoking here.