Quick question. What should i read before:

Quick question. What should i read before:
1. Kant
2. Hegel
3. Kierkegaard
to understand their philosophy?

Hegel to understand Kierkegaard, Kant to understand Hegel.
But Hegel needs much more time to be fully appreciated.

1. Plato
2. Kant
3. Hegel

In this order:

>Plato
>Aristotle
>Descartes
>Hume
>Kant
>Fitche
>Schelling
>Hegel
>Kierkegaard

1. Read some Plato, Aristotle's Metaphysics. Descartes' Meditations and Hume's Enquiry concerning Human Understanding.
2. Read the ones from number 1 + Kant.
3. Read Hegel (number 2) and basic understanding of protestant theology + Kierkegaards biography.

Next step is read some Husserl and presocratics and then take on Heidegger.

>2016
>Reading Hegel
>Mfw

Just get the Oxford 'Very Short Introduction' if you REALLY need to read Hegel, for whatever reason.

i wish there were more portraits of soren. so handsome

What about Leibniz

Best biscuits.

yeah hes really cute, made me wanna learn danish so i could read his originals text and imagine his voice with some ASMR playing in the background and pretending he was whispers his sensuous musings into my ear

who cares lol

I know Aristotle is essential but I don't think it's worth it to read all of his work, right? Could I get away with just Metaphysics, Ethics, Poetics, Politics, and Rhetoric? I'm not sure how important his work in logic is.

literally irrelevant

"just"? Just Metaphysics will take you months with secondary literature if you actually want to study it. In any case, I don't think reading Aristoteles in a vacuum is that insightful unless you are really interested in ancient philosophy. You won't get the historic value of his work if you haven't read a lot of more contemporary philsophy to put his ideas into a philosophic-historic context.

Fichte, Schelling AND Hegel.
Schopenhauer would like you to just die now, you insufferable pleb.

I know it sounds like a lot to say "just," but I've been reading Aristotle for a few months already. Metaphysics was definitely difficult, even with secondary texts. I'm ok with living and breathing Aristotle for a little while longer; I've just heard of people who devote their whole lives to him.

I've dabbled in Danish user, and let me tell you: it's easy as hell to learn for an English speaker (not including pronunciation).

>reading Descartes/Spinoza/Leibniz without understanding medieval scholasticism
>reading Kant without understanding Christian Wolff
>reading Plato/Aristotle before presocratic fragments

kek at reading heraclitus. shut the fuck up user

Parmenides is more essential.

it is the opposite of what you say it is

all of these things are fine