FACT: Anyone who doesn't consider this great is a phony

FACT: Anyone who doesn't consider this great is a phony

To call someone pedantic is extremely pedantic.

This book is an unappealing piece of garbage though.

Why do you hate this genius piece of literature?

Ist sehr gut

You're a fucking idiot.

Flachwichser fickfehler

Catcher in the Big Guy For You.

Just finished this.
As a reading experience I hated it.
As a metaphor for the anxiety of the lost innocence of growing up, I thought it did a gud job.

>As a reading experience I hated it.

Why? Salinger's prose is excellent and perfectly captures real life human vernacular.

Before you even try to critize the overuse of words like "phony" and "killed me" I'd recommend you record yourself and listen back to it to realize exactly how many words you use ad nauseum.

Are you saying it was written poorly on purpose?

Franny and Zooey is better

PHONY

Haters gonna hate. I agree this is a classic.

I liked the part where he raped his sister, Phoebe.

What

some dumb niggers tried really hard to ruin this by saying that some shit in it was a metaphor for him diddling his sister. it's bullshit though

It's a plebbier version of pic related so you're the real phony.

You know what really fuckin bothered me

How he never grew a pair of balls and went after Jane

Most criticisms of this novel amount to personal preference (i.e. "whats his face is annoying xD") but really its a rich, well-structured, and well-paced novel that is on par with the best American novels, has managed to embed itself in our culture, and has proved tremendously influential over the last few decades. Only plebs who hate AMerica dislike this book. Shit's dank.

I am looking forward to reading this again. I first read it when I was quite young, and unread. I don't think I appreciated much, and I had that reddit-tier opinion

>Holden is an annoying, whiney faggot lel xP

What can I expect now that I have an eye for prose, a heart grown sympathetic from age, and a mature mind lacking my old insecurities which I hid behind sarcasm, and derision?

Hey guys, just turned 22, I am a totally different person than I was five years ago, I know I thought I was mature then, but now I'm REALLY mature, and I have no insecurities!

Holden is an annoying, whiney faggot

This. I could really relate to this though, seeing how I am an annoying, whiney faggot. The book really made me realize that. I loved the book but it bummed me out. It really did.

Same here. When I read this at 17 all could say was "Oh."

I was forced to read it when I was 17 for a book project. I didn't enjoy it. That was four years ago now. I reread it recently and only now I realize how much this books related to me then and how much it relates to me now. It doesn't help though.