How do I read?

How do I read literature so I can really "get it"? I want reap all of the benefits of literature that Bloom-sama proposed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UvmtbzzNtbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=S9ieF7LVbyI
youtube.com/watch?v=cHGu11GL9qw
en.utexas.edu/amlit/amlitprivate/scans/goodre.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

go to fuck yourself.com

Oh, you went there!!

so you didn't go to the website I'm guessing?
your loss... I guess the title keeps plebs out

Don't fall for the subvocalisation meme

Step 1 : Read.
Step 2 : See Step 1.

Ignore this post, the person who wrote it is a meme. Subvocalisation is a good thing.

Don't actively think "what can I get from this?" Just relax and enjoy the literature and its benifits will come to you. Reading it for moral or political reasons are just forms of cant that Bloom warns us of.

Blacks can't read, lol silly nigger.

This.

My main reading vice is constantly thinking "what is the message? what is the theme" rather than simply experiencing the art.

Who's bloom

Harold Bloom. He is our guide.

youtube.com/watch?v=UvmtbzzNtbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=S9ieF7LVbyI
youtube.com/watch?v=cHGu11GL9qw

>doesn't have a British accent

dropped...

He seems pretty intelligent, comes off as pretty cuntish tho

Yeah that voice can certainly nag from time to time but I found that it tends to go away a bit, or at least seem less intrusive, with time. No joke, find the simplest books you can find and read those, it's good for shutting your brain off.

why i think the 'canon' is worth reading and should be foremost in literary study the concept is spooky as fuck

>not being able to grasp themes and messages without conscious thought.

seriously though it all comes to be 'subconsciously' and then i merely flesh it out once i'm done. shit, i think i'm a patrician desu

>How do I read literature so I can really "get it"?

Read it out-loud. Or, even better, have it read to you by a good reader.

en.utexas.edu/amlit/amlitprivate/scans/goodre.html

>comes off as pretty cuntish tho

Not really. He just loves literature and takes himself seriously. Sorry if he's not a hip numale like your favorite booktubers. His goal isn't to entertain, but to educate.

Start with 'Hop on Pop' and work your way up.