Don't you guys ever get the urge to make a blog or a youtube channel to talk about books?

Don't you guys ever get the urge to make a blog or a youtube channel to talk about books?

With all those channels that only talk about YA isn't there a place on YT for discussion about serious books, isn't there a demographic for this? And I'm not really talking about academic level of discussion, just channels were people don't read just infantile shit, I mean, I can't find ONE channel that talks about Milton or Kafka in a more casual way.

Do people that read great books become more self-aware and, therefore, more afraid to receive critics for talking about more deep works?

What do you guys think about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kDaGgPgP9is
youtube.com/watch?v=RIjKDaHEgd8
youtube.com/user/booksbetterthanfood
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do it
Avoid being a psuedo intellectual
Learn to edit
Keep them under 10mins and post weekly or bi-weekly

I look forward to the memes and shitposting that will someday be based on you, user

>youtube channel
Gay.

Maybe if english was my 1st language, my accent would be so thick that I doubt anyone would understand anything

Why is the lit community so afraid to embrace de plebeian way of having fun with the media? Are we more afraid of being exposed by the frauds we are than people that focus on music and cinema?

gays do have more fun than straight people tho

bump

Kafka was a pussy so he wrote like a pussy

>I can't find ONE channel that talks about Milton or Kafka in a more casual way.
That's good. They don't deserve shallow analysis.

You know how shitty music and film criticism are in the mainstream press. The study of literature has been bastardized enough. It doesn't need further abuse.

I would like to do this I think. or a kind of casual podcast where you talk about non shit books

I see your point, and I agree in most parts
but don't you talk casualy about the books you like with your friends, colleagues, whatever?
I mean, everytime somebody asks you why you enjoy The Divine Comedy you need to talk for 2 hours to make a point? I'm not talking about a channel that does a in depth study, but I guess most readers will feel offended if somebody makes a 6 minutes video on why Gravity's Rainbow is good.

I dunno, maybe there is no way to make this idea work, and thats why nobody have tried, or maybe people that read serious literature are just too afraid of being judged by other readers

At least I will aways have Popovich's reviews
youtube.com/watch?v=kDaGgPgP9is

There's a difference between talking casually about something to a friend, and going on the internet to do some research expecting to learn something. What's the point of a 6 minute video of some dude going, "Wow this Gravity's Rainbow book is sure confusing."

>and going on the internet to do some research expecting to learn something.
but by saying this you are assuming that this will be the target audience, somebody trying to learn about a book in a deep way, I mean, why do you come here, on Veeky Forums? This place is full of shitposting, shallow analysis, meme talking sperlords, bookshelf egomaniacs and still we come here all the time

I'm talking about a chitty chat comfy kind of channel, and I know, thats pleb territory, but still baffles me how nobody have even tried to do this with book, probably because serious readers don't have sense of humor to pull that of?

The shit on Veeky Forums is really easy to wade through to get to the good stuff, just as easy as ignoring crappy videos on youtube.

Honestly any reader studied enough to read and enjoy GR wouldn't care for a chitty chat shallow overview of it, and people interested in a chitty chat youtube show about books wouldn't care to hear a talk about Gravity's Rainbow.

Seriously this type of thing has been attempted on youtube. There are channels of people reviewing heavy literature in a light manner, but they're all pretty much ignored or dead.

GIVE US A Veeky Forums FANTANO

I would only blog about young adults and children's books too myself. I don't read philosophy books or Shakespeare like most of Veeky Forums seems to.

Personally, I don't see the point. Books are not a medium that can be discussed through video unless you're analyzing literature.

Not gonna lie; if I'm looking up lit on YouTube and I don't see a blackboard or a podium in the thumbnail pic I'm not clicking on it

The answer is cynicism.

See:

youtube.com/watch?v=RIjKDaHEgd8

I thought about doing that but I'm ugly, have a speech impediment and don't actually know enough about literature to make videos.

nobody here have the charisma to pull that off

>2016
>not wanting to see post-irony tag videos

My voice is to high pitched and I look like a slob generally but if I dress to formal I might be to intimidating to my viewers

>and I look like a slob generally
whats the problem in that?

everyone in this thread should kill themselves because they're pathetic

including you desu senpai

youtube.com/user/booksbetterthanfood

Yeah i've thought about it but I don't really want the abuse that would probably follow.

>everyone in this thread

yeah no shit you colossal retard

>Avoid being a psuedo intellectual
What exactly do you mean by this?

TETSUOOOOOOOOO

Go to bed, Cliff.

great

not enough charisma, no meme potential and lacks comfiness

KANEDAAAAA