Giant Spider

>Giant Spider
What did he mean by this?

He was referring to himself.

DUDE INTERESTING IDEAS RUINED BY BAD ENDINGS LMAO

isnt the spider only in the dumb movie? its been a while since i read the book but i have no memory of a spider in the book
>b8

Nope the spider is the final form in the book to.
Is the reference of a giant turtle a reference to discworld?

Let me hear your great ideas what else it should have been..

Giant squid

Nothing. Because trying to pin down the concept of fear to a single form is utterly ridiculous due to how personal an emotion it is.

Thinner had a novel idea but PIES.

I like how that video game Earthbound gets constantly praised for ripping off an idea that King constantly gets shat on for.

What are you talking about? That doesn't happen in Earthbound.

Which is

BEHOLD THE TRUE FACE OF HORROR

Checked and. Keked

There was a gangbang in Earthbound!?

All the legs of the spider were representative of all the friends he didn't have. Which is why he can't create characters.

>whoops it's actually a time loop, maybe you'll do better next time

Well he says that basically spiders are super scary because of how foreign they look and a spider larger than a human would basically be an eldritch abomination. I mean there are other freaky bugs and animals, but I guess spiders are the freakiest that we are most familiar with on a daily basis. Also the book states that the spider is not its final form.

It is not exactly a spider cause it has no true manifested form but the human brain makes it look kind of like a spider as that is the thing it is closest to in human terms.

A touch of the 'tism

Why does Stephen King look like he was drawn by Andy Kubert?

Earthbound is basically IT: the game, did you guys even play it?

The final boss isn't fucking Porky dumbass.

No shit faggot, its Giygas: An abstract evil monster that enjoys fucking with people. Sound familiar?

>comparing Mother with crap
Eat shit.

He's the only author he knows who has written more books than he has read.

>that enjoys fucking with people.
Gigyas doesn't enjoy anything. He's not really evil either. And not a spider monster with eggs and a heart. Good point otherwise.

> 'Knick-knack paddywayck, give a frog a phone! Hahaha!' It would be funny if it weren't so sick. "Am I cracking up?" Joann thoght. "Yes, that must be it, I'm in ol' Doc Parson's recovery room in Mawampsuett Bay right now and soon Daddy will bring me home and make me chicken noodle soup!" She felt sick.

t. page 204 (± ~14.2 pages) o every single stephen king book.

I think you mean Chrono Trigger

It wasn't really a spider tho, just our closest interpretation of its true form.

Dumb.

It was a Drider

Is was literally a spider, even in the "metaverse," before the universe was created, and the turtle was literally a turtle.

It by Stephen King has a 4.2 on Goodreads

Ulysses has a 3.7

This. Gigyas is actually the victim.

I read that book on spanish and I have to say that the prose seems to have improved on translation

That said, the point of the orgy scene was really transparent symbolism. IT (as far as King's writing allowed it to) represents adulthood, mundanity and resignation to the status quo - from everyone else's perspective, IT is just the nondescript curse or "bad vibes" over Derry as opposed to a physical monster who could be brought down by force. They could fight it BECAUSE and not despite of being children, because as far as they're concerned it makes perfect sense that they would be able to kill it with a slingshot as long as they used a silver bullet. The orgy is the unnatural end of their childhood, the only way they can have closure after what they've been through. They actually even revert to their childhood characterization once they go back as adults, which King writes with the subtlety of a speeding anvil

You did not read it. First they try with a gun and then with the slingshot. Then they use the ritual of Chud.

Also, IT can be interpreted as the fears of King as a father. kids dying in a pool, being molested by a man with leprosy, playing with fire guns, experimenting with sex in dubious circumstances, being bullied, dying in a fride, having homo sex, gang fights and so on.

Sounds like the worst book ever son.

Yes, I did read it. I brought up the slingshot because it was the one that best illustrated my point

No, it doesn't sound familiar at all. You are reaching, and you are also a retard.