What's the most obscure novel you know of?

what's the most obscure novel you know of?

Other urls found in this thread:

theorderofone.org/knowledge/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Andromache's Bedsprings, by David Andrew Clayton

go on. just try to find it.

you should be obligated to prove it exists

The one my grandpa wrote.

why? nobody seems obligated to prove God exists.

Gregory Berrycone's autobiography.

Jude :^)

Don't make it bad.

my absurdist novella about a man who wakes up with a plastic doorknob growing from his head

the validity of some other random point has nothing to do with this. If you're under no obligation to prove that your book exists then you could easily just make up a book that doesn't and say that's the most obscure novel you know of. Obviously nobody will find it. In which case the most obscure novel I know of is The Yew Tree by Paul Jinargyros.

I checked Google's advanced book search, the library of congress, and the ISBN database and found nothing. I think you made your book up.

Milkbottle H

An uncle of mine wrote Christian 'apologetical fiction' while living in a village in Russia. I've seen the manuscripts before, but I'm not sure if anything still exists.

please.

my diary desu

criminally underrated

an untitled absurdist novella about a man who wakes up one day with a mysterious plastic knob on the back of his head

Is that not something you're writing?

For a year and a half I've engaged in writing what I believe to be the most cutting edge novel of all time. I opened notepad and have left the keyboard in front of my cat's food bowl. He doesn't seem to mind it too much. At times it even seems like he enjoys writing. After 3 months I checked to see how the document was coming along and he hadn't written as much as I was expecting. Since then I've been holding him on it for an hour a day. He starts flailing and biting me after a half hour. That's when the best work gets done. I begin to smash him against the keyboard screaming. one writing session was so instensly productive that I broke a couple keys off. After this point the novel's creation would continue without the first line of letters. My arms are covered in scars and infected sores. Truly the author must suffer. This week I decided it had been enough and took the document to a local printing house without inspecting or editing the work. To print the whole 1,617 pages of text cost me more than I was expecting because they had to bind it in 6 volumes. I've buried it by Crater Lake with instructions for retrieval in my will. Nothing could be more obscure than this. Not even the author has read the work. Stupid cat can't read.

Ulysses, by James Joyce. Either that, or Gravity's Rainbow.

Can't wait to see this on r/Veeky Forums, my dude! Good stuff!!

Who's Gregory Berrycone?

>As if living your life as a PYNCHON character isn't Veeky Forums af

what is fanfiction

Is a dumb pun shitting up an otherwise stillborn thread.

Book Zero: The book that should not be

You can only even buy a copy of it on one website at 3 am Pacific time. Any other time it shows up as not for sale.

More rare than W&M, less famous

If you don't know you shouldn't be on Veeky Forums desu.

ahhahahahahaha I shitpost irl about gregory berrycone

lol

looks like you pulled a real Gregory Berrycone right there.

The one I'm working on right now.

How about the conceptual influence behind The Matrix & Inception.
>not the most obscure to me though that goes to Kafka, any really, The Trial and The castle in-particular.

To create the most obscure novel is not as hard as one night believe.
Google keyboard on android phones has an option to suggest the next word based on your typical conversational patterns.
Purchase a new android device, do not use it for anything other than the creation of the novel. Do not even log in with any google accounts as data is shared through this.
Open a notebook or journal application. Set up a physical machine designed to press one of the three words suggested at random. Every 5-50 words insert a period so that a new sentence begins, and type a random letter to provide a new word suggestion for greater variation. Leave it running in this way for as long as you desire. Save the text that was created and have it printed without reading it.
And now you have a truly obscure novel that contains actual information, not the jumble of letters that cat bro created.

Example text:
Get a bit of this message and then we have to see the other day to see the new year. Go ahead and then I have any questions about the way of the other use it to see the new one is a bit and the new year of a few days and then I can get the new one. Before I can get the way to be able to see you have to be able to be in this email address. if you are not sure if you can get the new one then we are not sure that the way of this message is not be able to be in this email. Another time and then I can get it. People who are not sure that the new one is not be in this message are not good. Do not be a few weeks ago but the other day.

nice meta user

wow. what a giant waste of time and technology.

As opposed to

Cats are never a waste of time.

Was the Holocaust a giant waste of time and technology? I mean there are still Jews alive

I believe we got a lot of research benefits from the situation.
Not going to read those nazi documents though. Boring as hell. Just like your initial idea. and stupid. I didn't want to forget to mention that everyone here thinks that your idea is stupid. just stupid.

this one probably
>two instances
disproved

>Book Zero: The book that should not be
Link?

Devil's hour?

theorderofone.org/knowledge/
If you're actually interested then begin with The Metaphorical Suicide first.

I had nothing to do with your conversation and want no part of it. I just wanted to remark on a seldom occurrence of good lit memes; I used a cat hugging gif to symbolize my appreciation for the initial quote.

You just wish you thought of it

This is the most tryhard thing I've ever seen here.

I've read a couple stories in this book and they're too hard for me t b h. The writing reminds me of "Night Soul and Other Stories" which was also too hard for me. It's also based heavily on the Greeks.

If you genuinely like that dense Pomo stuff and the Greeks you might want to check this book out. I know one other user has this book because I only know about it through Veeky Forums, although I am from Vancouver myself.

R scott bakker: the second apocalypse series

Hello plebbit!

Given how many novels are self-published, "obscure" becomes meaningless.
Anyway, here's mine.
On some of many winter nights spent drinking alone in halls as a student, I got talking to the security guard, a middle-aged man from Sierra Leone. As it turned out, he was an aspiring author (amongst other things). He gave me some of his work to critique, which I found a bit overbearingly religious. Anyway, he finished writing what seems to be a semi-autobiographical novel and, against my recommendation, self-published it. I bought a copy for about £10 and he signed it for me.
I've never read it properly, but glancing at the pages, it is fairly well written.

It's so obscure even I don't know anything about it desu.

haha reddit

You people realize you're ruining the meme if you keep referencing it?
Why can't you just create your own Berrycones..?
You just choose to steal and steal like your a regular old Hardwell Cumingthou... who's Hardwell Cumingthou? Oh, he's the new lead character from my new, self-published (via Amazon), tall, dark, and handsome (not unlike his member, hah).
Hardwell goes through the difficults facing everyday man, like what kind of sneakers make me appear to have an everday, worldly quality about me, but also appear fashionable (yet, he always goes for the worn out Converse he's had since 10th grade). He also has to argue with the idea that the modern (nu)male choose his scent, usually going with a fruity smell of lotion or fresh Dove soap, instead of this antiquated idea of choosing to smell fresh and blossoming, he chooses to rub dirty socks under his arms to achieve a smell of pheromones that he believes will attract the modern day female (who he endearingly refers to as sluts, and bitches)
this is a story of the modern with a twist, I like to refer to Hardwell Cumingthou as the 'Nu-Alpha'
So grow up and try to have an orginal idea for once in your lives, you fucking cucks.

Numbers by Viktor Pelevin

Although I think many other people here may've heard of it.

Most obscure I have read, certainly. Well worth the read.

On heroes and tombs- Ernesto Sabato
gloomy read

I've heard of Viktor Pelevin but not that particular book. I had Omon Ra out from the library but some fagtron recalled it before I could read it.

La Guaracha de Macho Camacho

Mariken Van Niemeghen

-t. Moenen