Is it of rudimentary thought to find the very aspect of 'speed reading' abhorrent?

Would it be safe to say that speed readers are fundamentally insecure and in order to make up for this they brag about the speed that they read as their rodomontade? Is not the very purpose of reading to absorb fully that detail that lays within literature? How can we then, not find it axiomatic or selbstverständlich that those who are 'speed readers' are utterly obtuse, pretentious, and lacking of any sense of self-awareness?

If one is to 'speed read' through a book, their understanding of the book would clearly be of inchoate nature. You cannot retain information with the diaspora-method of 'speed reading'. It is such an antediluvian and obstreperous way to experience Literature. The people who follow this feckless method, are at best pertinacious and at worse pseudo-readers who in search of a métier have found, instead, a parlous, risible, and perhaps even a condign and jejune sort of hell.

If you can read 1000 pages on a whim and retain most of it, then why not use it?

Lazy ass motherfucker

Reminder that serious intellectuals don't get into arguments over how fast they read,

Your image gave me cancer OP.

Then go back to tumblr where you can be in your safe space and not have to worry about offensive images

I wouldn't be surprised if that image came straight from tumblr.

because you're meant to retain all of it, not some of it. speedreading is lazy and a resignation to the fact that you don't actually care about what you're reading.

You are incontrovertibly lacking an integral understanding of what is and is not meta if you truly think this

Irony.

It would be great for reading more books in less time. And by reading more, you'll be able to retain more over time

Quality of quantity m8

Guys, please look at the bloated thesaurus prose and remember it. It's bait thread prose.

Please, OP, for your own good, step away from the thesaurus.

I'm surprised no one caught on sooner.

see above

Though it's not purely bait. I saw some guys in another thread arguing about speed reading a lot, so i wanted to know what others thought.

>The picture.
>The purple prose

The polarization of America is really tearing it up for people, I wish the centrists weren't faggots like you op

i read over 1000 wpm :^)

t. slow reader

I subvocalised the first 500 pages of IJ before coming to the conclusion that

a.) I'd been reading it for far too long
b.) Genuine poignant moments were few and far between

So I subvocalised the rest and got less and, at the same time, more out of it.

>I'm not able to understand big words, so I'll make fun of the people who use them

sorry mate but its forced and it doesn't sound good.

>speedreading is lazy

It's literally the opposite.