What are some Veeky Forums approved tattoos?

What are some Veeky Forums approved tattoos?

Other urls found in this thread:

atlasobscura.com/articles/inside-the-worlds-only-surviving-tattoo-shop-for-medieval-pilgrims
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

absolutely none

If I had to do a tattoo, I would choose this one. The crown of laurels was a symbol of poetic and dramatic excellence, and poetry (especially the metaphor, the exuberance of imagery), as well as drama, are my fields of literary work. It brings with it all the reminiscences of Greece and the birth of tragedy, so it would actually mean something to me.

I also find the stylized laurel crown to be quite elegant, and the back is a nice place to have one.

pretentious fuck

/thread

This is water.

I like tattoos. Not so much because they look nice (they never do), but because they serve a very important social function--tattoos identify the toxic, impulsive, and superficial members of our society who are a threat to our collective intelligence and well-being.

Those who choose to get tattoos are immature and childish. They're prone to making poor life choices with irreparable consequences, and that's information I like having. I know to avoid these people, I know not to hire them, I know they're irresponsible, I know they probably won't do their jobs very well (if at all), I know they have trouble thinking critically and rationally, I know they are narcissistic, and above all, I know that they are superficial. There exists no non-superficial reason for getting a tattoo in the modern Western world

None of these traits are particularly attractive, but then again, neither are tattoos.

I'm also considering this. Mostly because my middle name is Garland.

I am not saying that I deserve one; but to look at it every single day would at least remind me that I should be making all efforts that I can to feel, in my last days, that I could wear one of those crowns in my coffin with true merit.

but that's the fred perry logo

What do you think of guys who wear earrings?

And how are you supposed to look at it? It's not like you can just look at something and the tattoo will be there. You have to take off your shirt and look yourself in the mirror, you pretentious fuck.

ok :(

Zack?

i like having tattoos because it stops me from having to interact with humorless fucks like you

hahaha

>If you're not a vapid degenerate who expresses how much of a 'personality' he has with material goods, you're humorless
K...

haha I'm so funny haha I got a tattoo hahha great sense of humor.

synonyms: serious, solemn, sober, somber, grave, grim, dour, unsmiling, stony-faced, saturnine; gloomy, glum, sad, melancholy, dismal, joyless, cheerless, lugubrious; boring, tedious, dull, dry

>look mom i called him a degenerate again, now please tell me i'm a pure soul above earthly distractions :'(

read about some family in middle east that had made tattoos for the last 700 years only to pilgrims, and they looked cool. Gonna search it for you.

Btw im new to Veeky Forums

boy, you sure know a lot of big words.
>i like having tattoos because it stops me from having to interact with humorless fucks like you

Tell me about your tattoos, buddy. Pretty sure you've done it a million times already

>Tell me about your tattoos, buddy.
>it stops me from having to interact with humorless fucks like you

atlasobscura.com/articles/inside-the-worlds-only-surviving-tattoo-shop-for-medieval-pilgrims

can't we all just get along? the OP was aking what are some Veeky Forums approved tattoos, not talk about the ones you hate!

tattoo good rationale bad
you're going to crown >>>yourself

this is a bit too much in my opinion

Funny that you take the same sad identitarian pride in being against them that the most petty young women with trendy tumblr tattoos take in theirs.

Not the poster you're responding to, by the way.

>being superficial enough to judge people who have tattoos

Faggot/hypocrite.

I study 20th century American lit and i was thinking of getting kilroy on my arm or shoulder

My recommendation is to never get anything that is already popular as a tattoo unless it's a particularly inspired new take on it.

I like that idea.

I don't have any tattoos, but my brother does.

Story: he (my brother) was shitfaced at a party (his house), and he was mooning his roommates through a glass door. The roommates started knocking on the glass (harder and harder) until it broke and shattered right into one of his ass cheeks. One large shard stuck in there (blood everywhere, he was fine though), and it left a perfectly straight, horizontal line of a scar. He used the scar as a the line the Kilroy peaks over and made that shit permanent.

That was two years ago. Now he's getting his Ph.D. in English lit. He's a weird motherfucker.

What about "panta rhei" written in greek?
Where would you put it to maximize patricianness

pls respond.
I'm not against tattoos, pal. I disagree with the guy saying people who don't like tattoos must be humorless.

i want to get a list of like a thousand books or something like that and tattoo all the titles on my chest and back, then when i finish one ill tattoo a line across it, so when i take my shirt off people will know how patrish i am. dont copy my idea nerds.

dont think anybody will ever steal ur idea

I'm thinking of getting the Chinese symbol for "Power" on my ribcage, only the lines will be drawn with the English word "Power".

Shit will be sick man.

I wanted to get one as a tribute for my mother, who was a very important person in my life. I was going to get the traditional Heart with Mom in it, but underneath it will say "Oedipus Rekt" because I didn't have any sexual fantasies about my mom, just platonic love.

>but underneath it will say "Oedipus Rekt" because I didn't have any sexual fantasies about my mom, just platonic love.

are u asking for my response as the guy who originally replied to this fag ?

i don't think everyone who is against tattoos is humorless, i have family who are catholic and strictly against tattoos, no problem with that at all and i respect their beliefs. the poster i was responding to is the person i think is humorless or grim or cheerless etc, because theyre so triggered just by the idea of someone getting a tattoo. i've had people come up to me just to tell me they don't approve of mine and dont trust me because of it (they arent of anything crude or threatening), and it's really petty and ridiculous. i got them without any thought into the moral or social significance, because i'm from a city where it's part of the culture to get tattoos and everyone i knew got them. to commemorate good experiences and bad experiences, but more often as a shameless aesthetic choice. tattoos are ideally collaboration pieces between two people, kind of like someone doing a self portrait, but instead of capturing your profile they're inscribing an image or images you find significant or beautiful into your profile. obviously a lot of people get really terrible trendy tattoos to signal they belong to some group or try to project a certain social image, but talking about about the ideal i think they can symbolize the opposite, a subversion of material things because shallow consumer culture is based around having endless arbitrary choices with minimal commitment or consequence, and the challenge of getting a good tattoo is to find something you think is pleasing in such an essential way that you dont mind choosing to make it as much a part of you as your hair, eyes, or skin. this is why i would never get tattoos with text or any that i'm aware anyone else has gotten.

i knew, because of my older strict catholic family, that some people did not approve of tattoos, but they were always polite or lighthearted in their disapproval, and i didn't realize there was so much actual hostility towards the idea until moving to a small protestant town. not that im offended or saying muh oppressed tattoofolk, just saying im glad to have some if only because i wouldnt want to waste my time talking to people accosting strangers for such a stupid reason anyway.

hope this was constructive and someone got something out of it, i realize i was only shitposting earlier but it's not a bad topic it just always results in such shit threads

kek

I like tattoos but there's no way i'll ever get one, because it's literally impossible to have an actual original one, and if you do have an original one, it'll stop being that way when other people see you have it and want the same tattoo.

I've got a portrait of Shakespeare on my upper arm. Roast me senpai.

>a big fat fly on the chest
ABSOLUTELY disgusting
holy fuck

>>>/Pol/

/thread