I am so excited my books come today

I am so excited my books come today

Other urls found in this thread:

themoneymasters.com/the-money-masters/milton-friedman-end-the-fed/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he thinks he'll be able to get economics without any knowledge of calculus, mathematical analysis, topology, and axiomatic set theory.

Which is your pseudonym?

Basic economics fuck yea dude

Sowell is based

Sowell wrote this as a completely textual intro to econ for the common man

isn't that why people study econ in the first place?

That's why it's called basic.

It explains how markets work in everyday words.

shit books for unintelligent regressives tbqh

calculus and mathematical analysis are the same thing. they cover the same concepts. youre trying to hard to sound smart user.

>calculus and mathematical analysis are the same thing

Sowell is a hack.

Analysis is different to calculus, one isn't a subset of another.

I wouldn't assume econ students have all that profound knowledge of either tho.

>Economics

Ah yeah, that dismal science...

>Sowell and Ebola

And I thought I was the one making bad purchase decisions.

I do love these 'Veeky Forums-Marxist triggering' threads.

People want to tiptoe around Sowell because he destroys their worldview with facts and without a hint of obscurity or uncertainty.

I read enough Böhm-Bawerk to know all I need to know about libertarianism.

Eh, not quite. That's like saying the Algebra 1 in high school you took is the same thing as linear algebra.

Sowell isn't even a libertarian, though he is often cited by them.

Ive read moby countless times, I bought it because it was on special, $9 (australian) new.

First time reading dante, ive sort of worked myself uepto him, The story generally starting at inferno goes from him leaving hell entering purgatory before reaching the games of heaven???

Is this book one that I must read? So far it is epic. Any tips before diving in

inb4 greeks

Is this bait?

How much Biblical knowledge does one need to have before tackling Dante? I'm reading the Bible slowly over the course of the next year, but I don't want to have to wait to finish it before I start Dante and Milton.

Literally Greeks. Also bible

None, it's literally Christian fanfiction.

>I'm gonna write a story where everyone I don't like is in Hell, LMAO

You need calculus at the upper undergrad level. There are optimization problems literally everywhere. But statistical analysis is much more important for any student that looks forward to doing real research.

I have never read the bible but I could understand Paradise Lost perfectly fine.

also, there are some great lectures about it on youtube to help you understand it, or deepen your understanding. There's a whole playlist of some Yale professor, that one is pretty good if you're interested.

lol economy is just applied high school math

You should be familiar with Catholicism at least generally, try the Cathecism if you want the short way.

>he didn't study topology or complex analysis as a sophomore

Public school, huh?

Well you can't get two different viewpoints, Sowell is a modern liberal man and Evola is le ancient wisdom guru

I thougth these two were just a /pol/ joke

There's absoultly noting libertarian about Sowell, he's a neoconservative politically and economically he's a Friedmanite. Guys like Sowell and Friedman give off a pseudo-libertarian veneer in their pop books or tv appearances but if you actually read their academic works they recognize the necessity of a monopoly central bank to manage the money supply to prevent inflationary pressures which would be bad for the creditor class... in quasi-Marxian phraseology they understand that in the absence of a managed money supply the Reserve Army of Labour would be diminished and you would end up having a general profit squeeze occur therefore you need a state managed money supply... which if you really just cut through the BS is just intended to create a manageable level of unemployment to maintain corporate profitability from the effects of pressure to increase wages as the labour supply dries up.

Sowell is against the Fed though.

>I have never read the bible but I could understand Paradise Lost perfectly fine.
that's what you think

Im staring with the divine comdey

Yeah, nominally so was Friedman. But not really.

Lucky im a catholic

I don't recall Friedman ever advocating the abolition of the Fed in any way. He was a goddamn Monetarist.

Are you me user?

>themoneymasters.com/the-money-masters/milton-friedman-end-the-fed/

>Friedman was in favor of abolishing the Federal Reserve System and replacing it with a mathematical model that would keep the quantity of money increasing at a steady rate, issued directly by the government (Treasury) and ending fractional reserve banking powers for the banks, which is why he supported our Monetary Reform Act. He said he actually would “like to abolish the Fed“, and pointed out that when he wrote about reforming the Fed it was simply his recommendations of how it should be run given that it exists. Though opposed to the existence of the Fed, Friedman argued that, given that it does exist, a steady expansion of the money supply was the only wise policy, and he warned against efforts by a treasury or central bank such as the Fed to do otherwise.

*abstract algebra

He'd have creamed himself over bitcoins.

Dumbass comment.

That's just a bunch of semantic bullshit to dance around the fact that Friedman believed that management of the money supply by government was absoultly necessary to protect creditor interests, Friedman and his Chicago buddies all agree on this fact

Friedman didn't want me to underwrite my own investments in script I may independently issue because he was an ideologue for "Old Money" which tends to be based upon technologically obsolete "sunk" capital investments in older fixed-capital equipment and therefore by its nature must be hostile to "New Money" which is based upon technologically innovative more recently constructed fixed-capital equipment that tend to obliterate the fixed capital-value basis of "Old Money". The brilliant insight of Marx was capitalist development reaches a point where "growth" will actually destroy more old value than create new value and result in a decrease in net profitability... so to maintain the yield-value of their assets capitalists must resort to political measures to curtail further investment and productivity increases.

>there are people on Veeky Forums that haven't read the bible

For people so obsessed with the Western Canon, you would have thought that people would be reading it's central text.

???????
linear algebra is a subset of abstract algebra

calculus and analysis is more suitably comparable with high school algebra and abstract algebra, not linear algebra

You don't know what abstract algebra is if you think that. Nor did you understand the other comment you replied to.

Well done.

You probably already know enough. But you should figure out who Virgil is becore you read.

nope. i took abstract algebra. its generalized algebra with some number theory depending on the professor. rings, groups, etc.. linear algebra falls under abstract algebra. also in abstract algebra you prove many theorems and identities that are taken for granted in a rudimentary algebra course, just like how analysis does for calculus. do you prove the chain rule in AP calculus? of course you didn't. in analysis you do.

>he was an ideologue for "Old Money" which tends to be based upon technologically obsolete "sunk" capital investments in older fixed-capital equipment and therefore by its nature must be hostile to "New Money" which is based upon technologically innovative more recently constructed fixed-capital equipment that tend to obliterate the fixed capital-value basis of "Old Money".

This is unconnected to the question of protecting creditor interests, so why did you bring it up in support of the claim that Friedman supported the Fed to that end?

If you'll notice, I posted earlier that Friedman was by his own statements against the Fed, but actually wasn't, so I don't know why you're pulling out your pompous little frog images and acting as if I said anything different.

>do you prove the chain rule in AP calculus?
I'm not American, and yeah we did basic derivations in high school mathematics for calculus. However, you're claiming "linear algebra is a subset of abstract algebra", and this is really not the case. In broad terms, abstract algebra is all about underlying mathematical structures while linear algebra is the art of simultaneous equations.

my point was that basic algebra and abstract algebra were better comparisons for calculus and analysis.

i mean i learned and proved a lot of linear algebra shit during my abstract algebra course so thats why i said linear algebra is a subset of abstract algebra. i admit thats not true

Quite the meme you got there

The guy was saying that analysis is to calculus as linear algebra is to high school algebra and that's not a bad example. You seem to be thinking it's analysis is to abstract algebra as calculus is to algebra, not the same comparison.

>i mean i learned and proved a lot of linear algebra shit during my abstract algebra course so thats why i said linear algebra is a subset of abstract algebra.
They have some overlap although I think it's usually complex analysis and linear algebra get used together a lot, whereas abstract algebra and stuff like topology get a lot of crossover. But it's all mathematics at the end of the day, and none of those fields are all that distantly related in some ways.

If you took a linear algebra course you would of course learn way way more linear algebra than on an absract algebra course.

>You seem to be thinking it's analysis is to abstract algebra as calculus is to algebra, not the same comparison.

no no no

my argument is analysis is to calculus as abstract algebra is to algebra

you don't understand linear algebra if you think that.

>calculus and mathematical analysis are the same thing