Thoughts on this guy?

I kind of find difficult to believe in anything he wrote after I discovered that he died alone and drunk after a couple of divorces. It's like not even himself read his books. I believe it's proof that nobody, nobody has their lives in order.

>one guy dies sad and alone
>this is proof no one has their life in order

>one guy says that being sad is absurb because we are god and nature and we cannot make mistakes because clouds cannot be bad at being clouds
>same guy dies sad

Maybe clouds are suppose to die sad

He is an interesting thinker regardless of his personal life

He was a trained speaker man working for the CIA/FBI/ mofo feds consciousness cultural revolution cold war communism moder art pollock the sex pistols avracadavra

I recall in Theravada Buddhism there being some sutta or story about a teacher, all of whose disciples became enlightened, but not the teacher himself. The thrust of the story was that the act of teaching and the actual practice are distinctly different things.

Artists and thinkers have chosen the path to die sad and alone.

Shows what happens when someone spends all their time reading and talking about spirituality and little actual time putting in the work needed.

Is that the bass player from Mastodon?

Maybe that's how he wanted to die

He looks like a malnourished Knausgaard.

Coloring his life as you do your own is proof that you didn't understand what he wrote.

Was he even a monk?

He was into meditation and all that wasn't he?

Are you implying all those who meditate or pray are free from sin or troubles?

Why are you looking to one up him? Just take from his teachings what you think is useful. There's no guide for an orderly life.

Pseud and rapist

That's what you keep tellin yourself. But you are niether an Artist nor a Thinker. You are just alone bc you are a beta loser! Hahahahaha I am making fun of you!

>New Age pseudo-Buddhist
into the trash

he wasnt a guru or saint and never claimed to be. he was a scholar of eastern ohilosophy and help bring those ideas to the west. he states outright in his talks that he is a scoundrel.

i dont care that cosby raped either, i still think that his comedy is funny.

and really when you get down to it alan watts was just trying to realign peoples perspectives so they could tell that black and white gotogether. you know, like the inseparable nature of duality and shit

There is certainly truth to this. The life of teaching is a life of analysis, of constant thinking and comparing and memorizing and reciting. This type of analytical perception of the world is not conducive to happiness. It absolutely has its merits in its service to the world, but it shouldn't be a surprise that someone who lives in a world of cold analysis and mechanical understanding wasn't happy in his personal life.

um what....

The government infiltrated and in a sense created what we today think of as the counterculture as a social experiment, helping them find new ways of social control.