Do you believe in coincidences?

Do you believe in coincidences?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oGcBm8Q5JNk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Of course.

"everything happens for a reason" is a meme ṭbh

Why wouldn't I?

What if it happens like 3 times in a row? Is it still a coincidence?

give me the message

Depends on circumstances
3 heads in a row out of 3 coin flips isn't world-altering

In a circumstance when it's questionable whether it's a coincidence.

Your name is Darren or Dave

You'll have to more specifically outline what a coincidence is for us.

Fate

As far as Rom Coms go I sort of enjoyed Serendipity but it's not so great a movie to make me a believer in fated coincidence or something like that.

When two or more instances occur to relate to a single instance that is external to the two or more instances.

For example, walking down the street listening to a song, and the lyrics mention bubbles; and bubbles appear around.

There can be objective coincidences, and subjective; objective coincidences are a result of life making order through chaos - it is a natural phenomenon based off the sluicy juice material or the spanner in the eternal cogs and is a middle finger to the realm of eternal demise.

Subjective coincidences are the result of obtuse subconscious pattern recognition; or severe consciousness deprivation. This is experienced when ego shatters like a castle made of sand; when true light calls. You will see crosses everywhere.

All of it is a calling, a knocking, a tap tap tap for you.

Shit keeps happening to me, I don't know what to think. I think I might be going insane.

Two things happening at once: coincidence

Lay off the psychedelics

This is a crazy person.

Never done any drugs, dewd.

This is a crazy world fella. Matter o fact makes me the sanest person here.

What a fucking stupid definition.

What a stupid denunciation of a definition.

That's the only proper meaning of the word.

The experience of synchronicity is nothing but the metaphor-making faculty of the mind finding a ground between two events, the first tenor, the second vehicle.

Then I amend my advice: avoid psychedelics

Keep your feet on the ground, yung spunion

But you negate the fact there is influence of external agent son.

Yes

I can tell you there is influence of external agent, but the beauty is that you won't listen to me until you see for yourself.

Why do you say there is influence of external agent?

Because I have experienced it, I began to follow the signs and ask questions and receive answers. Since my life has forever changed.

Is it a fingerprint of the creator? How far do you want to go right now?

I too have followed and ended up burning myself, but it keeps happening again. I wouldn't mind, but this time, I, personally, can't do anything about it, and it's just a waste of time and emotional energy thinking about it.

>once is happenstance
>twice is coincidence
>three times is enemy action

Me shooting craps and the two dice moving when I throw them isn't a coincidence. Unless you want to umbrella it and talk about fucking how things are determined.
Two things happening at once is severely inadequate.

What's nibbling ya kipper pal? Sometimes, coincidences can be result of dark forces too. What I mean is witchcraft. Can you parse darkness from light?

Women, what else.

What are you experiencing if you don't mind talking if only vaguely about it.

It would need a long story to put it into context, but essentially, I keep bumping into this one person. I haven't experienced anything like it with anyone else ever. Most recent encounter was a week ago (it's been happening for over 2 years already). I was walking down the street and thought to myself, wouldn't it be funny if she appeared like that last time and literally a moment later, there she was. I was completely speechless, couldn't believe my eyes. She started laughing (we no longer talk).

This is not fate or coincidence. Move.

Not even a coincidence? OK

Doesn't appear you 'followed' anything, so how did anything but inaction get you burnt in this case?

>we no longer talk

Due to inaction.

What got me burnt isn't interesting, what's interesting is frequency and circumstances of those encounters.

Believe in Veeky Forums ?

Well this thread is about coincidences, and you said following them got you burnt; but what it actually looks like is you didn't follow them at all.

:(

I approached her, isn't it obvious?

spaghetti in hand

I didn't like her all that much at the time, but it was getting awkward, I sort of had to.

Oh come friend, tell us what happened?

Shame on you all, the universe is a logical place, coincidences are things we should worry about. There is a good video where Dawkins illustrates as how does coincidences work and why we shouldnt mind them.

>inb4 Dawkins is shit and normie-tier

>There is a good video where Dawkins
Not possible.

Dawkins is a fraud. His demonstration equates to: Oh, somebody wins the lottery;but it's not a coincidence. Which is true, but a strawman of Dawkins as he doesn't really demo a coincidence; if he could demonstrate a coincidence, he wouldn't be a crumply atheist.

You're not going crazy. Just have a little faith and think it over.

Its not about "making" a coincidence, but proving that there is no deeper meaning in it.

Faith in what?

How can there be no meaning in it if it keeps happening like 3, 4, 5 (!) times in a row?

Please be b8 m8

What are you saying???

Have faith that the creator communicates in gentle whispers, some call it of the holy spirit, you know? It can be overwhelming, is for me too sometimes, but there is also a comfort to know there is something outside the world of cold logic. As I said this world is illusory. Go with the flow, relax. It's all good.

It really feels like someone is orchestrating all this, what I want is you guys convince me I'm being silly. You need to teach me to think other way about it. Shit is ri-di-cu-lous.

Btw I already went with the flow and it all collapsed. I'm tired of waiting.

Try to trust your quiet instinct, there is bad and good.

And what are you waiting for? What did you learn? Please, don't be down.

Useless.

Well you want me to convince you of something against what I have learned. If I were to do such a thing only then I would be truly useless.

I want to forget her.

I don't think you do.

It's either waiting or forgetting.

Go to sleep boi, youre gonna be better tommorow and stop being a wanker. Listen to some depressing music before you go to sleep if you really want to be in this state

When you want to forget, you will forget. Either way you're waiting.

It's been 8 months and it's not going away. Make it stop make it stop.

been looping this for 4 hours:
youtube.com/watch?v=oGcBm8Q5JNk

That's some beautiful music son.

She keeps on appearing to me, do you not understand the conundrum?

Make a tldr story version of your sadness

Because i want to know whats going on and im to tired to look up whats going on

Well you didn't explain the conundrum very well son. You asked her out, she said no; and you still see her on the street?

You're better than that, c' mon.